Being overcharged for shipping :P

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I'm being charged $6 Media Mail / $7+ from Texas for one LP? I've never seen a Media cost more than $3, nationwide. This guy lists no shipping costs in the auction, but slams you on the invoice. Have you all had any success negotiating with a seller for shipping?

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Lame. The Post Office's prices have gone up though.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Lame. The Post Office's prices have gone up though.

Could this be possible in certain states only, though? I just sent out some packages yesterday and Media was like $1.50, Priority no more than $6. Just gimme a fair shake, you know? 'Cause I KNOW the package would get here Priority with a $5.50 tag on it. Folks trying to come up in the aftermath.

• That's f*cked up. I would email the person before bidding and clarify the shipping amount if it wasn't listed. I add a buck or two on top of my shipping for those nice mailers, gas and time to the post office. Sorry, I'm too poor to cover it right now and I'm only slangin penny candy. When I'm ballin' I'll probably stop that practice. I do have the shipping calculator available. Otherwise it sounds shady unless the handling charge was posted in the listing.

• I mean, just so you know I don't charge exact shipping either, packing materials cost money.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I mean, just so you know I don't charge exact shipping either, packing materials cost money.

Especially when you're talking mailer + inserts.

Drewn's seller is probably just using the new LV mailers.

• I mean, just so you know I don't charge exact shipping either, packing materials cost money.

Especially when you're talking mailer + inserts.

Ain't no other way hommie.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah. but $6 media is extreme.

• yeah. but $6 media is extreme.

Indeed, although $7 priority isn't.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i charge 5.00 dollars for priority. shipping overseas is 12.00. this is for shipping and handling.

www.thecraftbeats.com

i just add the record mailers in with the boxes i buy for my work when i go pick em up, oh and if theyre in the usa i send it UPS on the company dime
    nobody says shit cuz i pay the bills(with the companys $$ of course )

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I mean, just so you know I don't charge exact shipping either, packing materials cost money.
    You list or quote shipping costs beforehand though, right? In drewn's case I probably would have checked up on shipping before bidding but shit ain't supposed to cost $6 for media. I'm shipping a package of five or six records Global Priority to Australia and it's only $9.25...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

yeah, for sure, I probably need to raise my prices. I end up eating mailers on $6 priority.

At this point, I'm willing to go $7 Priority. Dude was attaching insurance all this that I never even asked for to the price. Trust me, there have been many times when I get back from the post office and compare what I spent on shipping for what I charged and strike the pose.

yeah, for sure, I probably need to raise my prices. I end up eating mailers on $6 priority.

What drives me nuts is that some albums are just barely heavy enough to cliimb over the maximum $3.85 price limit for priority. A gatefold is more than enough.

What drives me nuts is that some albums are just barely heavy enough to cliimb over the maximum $3.85 price limit for priority. A gatefold is more than enough.

DYNAPHLEX?

DYNAPHLEX?

haha. Don't even get me started on that shit. I can't stand that flimsy-ass RCA nonsense. Enterprise too. The vinyl they used for 24 kt. Black is barely sturdy enough to support the music.

• I just bought a 45 off ebay here's my shipping costs:

Shipping and handling via USPS Airmail Parcel Post: US $20.45
    Shipping insurance (Optional US $2.45): --

His explination was.....: For insurance, the post office requires airParcel post, which is more expensive than airmail letter.

$53 was okay for Miss Faye Marshall "Chain Reaction" b/w "All I Want Is You" but why should I pay $20 for overseas airmail. His he correct with his explination?

• RezRez 164 Posts
    boooolshhhheeeet! Who is this foll? Name n'shame...do it!

Rez

I just bought a 45 off ebay here's my shipping costs:

His explination was.....: For insurance, the post office requires airParcel post, which is more expensive than airmail letter.

$53 was okay for Miss Faye Marshall "Chain Reaction" b/w "All I Want Is You" but why should I pay $20 for overseas airmail. His he correct with his explination?

He's right, I think. Overseas shipping insurance is not cheap, at least in my experience. $20 may be a bit high, but not by much.

• RezRez 164 Posts

He's right, I think. Overseas shipping insurance is not cheap, at least in my experience. $20 may be a bit high, but not by much.

??5.50 UK / $12 US is all it CAN cost 'less ya start gettin into 'full' ins - that is a diff game..

$20 for x1 45 is a crime...name and shame...

Rez

• I send out 45's to the UK air for 6 bucks. $9 global priority.

??5.50 UK / $12 US is all it CAN cost 'less ya start gettin into 'full' ins - that is a diff game..

$20 for x1 45 is a crime...name and shame...

Rez

True, you can have your records shipped registered 'air letter', but your package will only be insured for up to $44.86. In GameOle's case this is probably the best option, but not if your item is worth considerably more. If the Postal Service breaks a 45 that you paid $200 for, you're out $150.

GameOle- I would explain to the seller that instead of fully insuring your 45, you'd like to have it sent registered 'air letter'.

• Options
    $20 sounds liek a fully insured courier price.

K.

• Or they're mixing up airparcel rates for an LP as opposed to a 45.