'Black Mama, White Mama' soundtrack on vinyl?

ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Out of curiousity, was the soundtrack for this 'so bad, it's good' Pam Grier flick ever released on vinyl? I know there's a CD for this and another film called Monkey Hustle, but I was wondering if it was ever pressed on wax. Nice flute based incidental background music and bongo funk.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I doubt it. But, that movie is radd!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    never released on vinyl

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    R**n,

there was no full length releasetof the OST...possibly a 45 release but soul cinema has released several of these blaxploitation OST's on CD over the last 2 years

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    cool, I'll check it out

I doubt it. But, that movie is radd!

"It's a CHARM BRACELET! *smacks drunken truck driver with empty liquor bottle*"

(speaking in third person) "Oooooh, Luis like schoolgirls!"

hahahaha

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    been watching tvone throwback cinema as well, huh?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    been watching tvone throwback cinema as well, huh?

I was reminded when I saw it on the channel menu yesterday, but I cannot stand watching movies on TV, namely because of the commercials and awkward cuss word editting

• oxnardcoreoxnardcore 141 Posts
    i thought it was hilarious how they try to pass off the philippines (and philippine-accented actors) as some latin american country. i know there's been quite a few blaxplo films made there, but this is the only one i've seen.... anyone know about any others?

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    i thought it was hilarious how they try to pass off the philippines (and philippine-accented actors) as some latin american country. i know there's been quite a few blaxplo films made there, but this is the only one i've seen.... anyone know about any others?

Savage!
    T.N.T Jackson,

and check the rest of the filmography by Cirio Santiago ....most of his films were shot in Philippines

also don't forget most of the WIP (womeni in prison )

films involving AIP or Corman own's company New World Pictures

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

As a big Pam Grier fan I'm sad to say that I've never seen BMWM but this one sounds very similar:

The Big Doll House

This is a madass girls-in-a-bananarepublic-slammer exploitation flick shot in the Phillipines as well, directed by Jack Hill (Coffy). Pam Grier sings the dope title track as far as i remember. Haven't seen it in years. Think the soundtrack was produced by Les Baxter (Hell's Belles). Did this one come out on vinyl?