Sly Stone at the Grammies

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
damn, he didn't look good. i kinda wish i didn't see that.

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    At first I thought he was wearing a mask, definitely

Why do I feel like he was pressured into this? I blame Will.I.Am. For everything...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I dunno Sir Paul and Jay and Linkin Park is kind of worse at the moment

• I dunno Sir Paul and Jay and Linkin Park is kind of worse at the moment
    those mash-ups are trainwrecks.

• Did that just happen?

Is seeing one of your long-absent musical greats appear looking like a combo of Phyllis Diller and Jem and the Holograms a sign that God considers you to be bad person?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Did that just happen?

Is seeing one of your long-absent musical greats appear looking like a combo of Phyllis Diller and Jem and the Holograms a sign that God considers you to be bad person?

haha! nice celeb image mashup there

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Dude is a legend. Let him be.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Besides the Elephant Man walk... dude didn't look that bad considering he's 61/62 yrs old...i expected much worse considering he's been caged up for over a decade and has abused every known and unknown drug most of his life
    ....He just looked like one of my old uncles with a bad back and a silly outfit.....not that bad

• someone plaese to post a pic.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    someone plaese to post a pic.

• dude didn't look that bad considering he's 61/62 yrs old...
    compare him to herbie hancock (65) who's 4 years older, herbie looked great. played great too (minus christina aguilera's awful vocals). guess it's all about wear & tear.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think he would be more connected to the streets if he was rocking a mpc instead of a triton

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dude didn't look that bad considering he's 61/62 yrs old...
    compare him to herbie hancock who's 4 years older than sly (65), herbie looked great. played great too (minus christina aguilera's awful vocals).
    average 60-65 year old in america don't look nearly as good (nh) as either of them

• well i wouldn't agree about sly, but herbie still looks like he's in his late 40's.

• someone plaese to post a pic.

damn thanks. i have no tv. he looks a l'il scary.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    I was prepared for him appearing far worse. One thing I wondered was if it was intentional to mix his vocals way quieter than everyone else and, if so, if it was his decision or someone elses.

• Is that real hair ???

Does he have a offer to appear in a post apocalyptic movie ??

Something like Mad Max 23 ???

Can someone tell me why he left the stage earlyer than the others ???

Is there a place where I can download that appearance ???

Peace
    Hawkeye

• Can someone tell me why he left the stage earlyer than the others ???

Wouldn't you have?

• He had a cast on his right hand during last nights 'salute'.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Besides the Elephant Man walk... dude didn't look that bad considering he's 61/62 yrs old...i expected much worse considering he's been caged up for over a decade and has abused every known and unknown drug most of his life
    ....He just looked like one of my old uncles with a bad back and a silly outfit.....not that bad

I had some clips of SFS from the Dick Cavet show right before Sly went off the the deep end. I need to watch that to get last night out of my head.

he really did look bad. he couldn't play or sing either. ugh. terrible.

it was like walking in on your dad jerking off.

• not changed that much

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Wouldn't you have?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Wouldn't you have?

yeah he prob looked around him and was like "WTF am i doing with these people?"

• Can someone tell me why he left the stage earlyer than the others ???

Wouldn't you have?

yeah he prob looked around him and was like "WTF am i doing with these people?"

this is better than nutin'
    if you think, in the last 30 years he was like" WTF am i doing with... people"

I had some clips of SFS from the Dick Cavet show right before Sly went off the the deep end. I need to watch that to get last night out of my head.

he really did look bad. he couldn't play or sing either. ugh. terrible.

it was like walking in on your dad jerking off.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Sly-and-the-Fam...rch=sly%20stone

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    DId anyone catch the U2/MJB version of One?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

ASTROBLAAAK!

I still havnt seen the performance, but i have to say that no matter how bad it may be, no matter that Sly looks like Spike the gremlin, The man is alive and well enough to get on stage. For this i am happy, lets face it, we all thought he was doomed.

And its Sly Motherfucking Stone, he can dress however the fuck he wants.

• I'm glad dude came out. In regards to his get up, well, its Sly Stone, what do you expect him to wear, a suit and tie? That would be out of character. It was a little sad to see the hunchback, he couldn't really look up. (My kid said he "looked gnarley.") But I think it was brave of him considering he hasn't been on stage or in the media for 19 years. He looked somewhat like he was having fun towards the end of his short appearance, maybe because he knew he'd be laughing on his way to the bank the next day.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The tribute music was trash. St8 FUNKLESS!!!!!!!!!!