bands with a serious identity crisis....

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
thses guys:what the fugg? Did they have a band meeting like this "I think we should sound like a cross between Zeppelin and Osisbisa, but have a Three Dog Night vibe about us via the vocals and try to write Wings songs." This record is weirding me out.

Comments

• This was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    thses guys:

what the fugg? Did they have a band meeting like this "I think we should sound like a cross between Zeppelin and Osisbisa, but have a Three Dog Night vibe about us via the vocals and try to write Wings songs." This record is weirding me out.
    that makes me want to hear it... is it any good?

• thses guys:

what the fugg? Did they have a band meeting like this "I think we should sound like a cross between Zeppelin and Osisbisa, but have a Three Dog Night vibe about us via the vocals and try to write Wings songs." This record is weirding me out.
    that makes me want to hear it... is it any good?

for the most part it is good..there are a couple tunes in the "gross...what were they thinking?" category, but the good stuff outweighs the bad.

• thses guys:

sounds good to me

• WTF about Antigone Rising. It's like the Spice Girls for the Lilith Fair set.

(L to R) Joe Perry of Aerosmith's daughter, Melissa Etheridge impersonator, Sarah McLaughlin with a Mariah Carey twist, Sporty Spice, and Ms. Korn-ette White Dread-a-lot.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• WTF about Antigone Rising. It's like the Spice Girls for the Lilith Fair set.

(L to R) Joe Perry of Aerosmith's daughter, Melissa Etheridge impersonator, Sarah McLaughlin with a Mariah Carey twist, Sporty Spice, and Ms. Korn-ette White Dread-a-lot.

I saw this in Starbucks today (no shame). I was scrutinizing the cover looking for the finest one. Then I saw the Herbie CD and some Sly Stone and a Stevie Wonder.

Then it occured to me: If you were on a roadtrip and ran out of music to play in your ride there are worse places you could stop in a pinch. I mean, Sly, War, Herbie, Ray Charles?

I mean, it would sure beat those janky cassette tapes at the gas station.

One positive outcome of the Starbucks proliferation perhaps...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yah since they teamed with Hear Music or something they have been getting some stuff right

it's still a very rockist selection but as I pointed out a little while back, I will never expect Starbucks or and megacorp to be bumpin' and pumpin' screwed and chopped or hyphy music or snap music alongside soy chai latte fare

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I mean, it would sure beat those janky cassette tapes at the gas station.

Sometimes those gas stations have heat!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    thses guys:

you almost made me regret selling that record... almost. i only liked about 4 bars on it.