Who would you Drop?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Lets play Record Exec. Pretend your in charge of everything. Who deserves to get dropped right now? My picks. Tony Yayo - flopped, and its time to clean house over there at G-unit. Olivia - Nobody Cares. Mase - See above. Joe Budden - one hit wonder. Little Brother - Flop. But at least they have a fan base. I think they would just do better on an indie label anyways. Fat Joe - another brick. Plus, who's not tired of that dude? Dre - from cool and dre. I saw a video, i dont wanna see another one. Kanye West he isnt. thats it for now, how about yall?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    G-Unit just signed Freeway...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    David Banner... steady bricking

Little Brother... just a real embarassing miscalculation by Atlantic

Li'l Flip... dude's done

Remy Ma... Fat Joe can't even sell his own records

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I feel really bad for Fat Joe not blowing the fuck up along with Terror Squad off Lean Back, but I guess there are things even a hit can't help.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

I think its one of those co-executive producing deals. I like freeway though.

• Ooh, for a second there I thought you meant Strutters!

Herm

I feel really bad for Fat Joe not blowing the fuck up along with Terror Squad off Lean Back, but I guess there are things even a hit can't help.

How bout Steve Rifkin? I think we just collectively dropped SRC's whole roster.

Not looking too good.

Drop terror squad too. Who the hell else is in terror squad anyways?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

I think its one of those co-executive producing deals. I like freeway though.

yeah Jay-Z and 50 Cent are co-exs for this album. jay-z/50 cent/nas..its a love triangle for the ages!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    who?

I don't know who is in Terror Squad beyond Fat Joe and Remy Ma.

who?

i think thats his name. the guy who owns the label that fat joe, banner, remy ma, and others are signed to.

I don't know who is in Terror Squad beyond Fat Joe and Remy Ma.

Armageddon, and umm.....some other guy.

tony sunshine! thats it!

he might get sparred though cause R&B is so big right now.

This is a good thread--all kinds of opportunities for hatting--and you little dudes just let it die.

Plus, I was looking forward to seeing schitt like "I would drop Nellie!".

• Fat Joe - another brick. Plus, who's not tired of that dude?

• David Banner... steady bricking

Oh man, this pains me to see....but then I didn't even fuck w/ his most recent album. I'm guessing it didnt' scorch SoundScan. It's just a shame, in a perfect world, D. Banner would be mad successful. Great ideas, great passion.

Oh man, this pains me to see....but then I didn't even fuck w/ his most recent album. I'm guessing it didnt' scorch SoundScan. It's just a shame, in a perfect world, D. Banner would be mad successful. Great ideas, great passion.

He's much better at giving interviews than he is at making albums.

Plus I think this last record was almost entirely other people's production (I haven't actually heard it... don't know anybody that has), and his production is really his strength.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I think he can be saved but if I was an exec, I wouldn't wanna spend the money to do it.

I think he can be saved but if I was an exec, I wouldn't wanna spend the money to do it.

Yeah, i mean, play was cool. But that other joint with jazze pha is just aweful. I remember hearing about his 10 million dollar advance a while back though. I think hes got to put out quite a few more records before he can technically be dropped.

He does do great interviews though.

Yeah, i mean, play was cool. But that other joint with jazze pha is just aweful. I remember hearing about his 10 million dollar advance a while back though. I think hes got to put out quite a few more records before he can technically be dropped.

I believe the obligation only runs one way; in other words, he's got to provide the label with a certain number of records in exchange for the ten million dollars, but if they want to just walk away from the investment, rather than sinking further money into manufacturing, distribution and promotion, they can do so at any time.

I've read about the deal, too, and I'm not sure if I believe that number.

I believe the obligation only runs one way; in other words, he's got to provide the label with a certain number of records in exchange for the ten million dollars, but if they want to just walk away from the investment, rather than sinking further money into manufacturing, distribution and promotion, they can do so at any time.

I've read about the deal, too, and I'm not sure if I believe that number.

Oh well, hes still the most interesting artist on that label, so i dont think hes in trouble yet.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Isn't AKON on SRC??

That album was hugely successful...

Isn't AKON on SRC??

That's what I was gonna say... Banner might be the most interesting artist, but he's nowhere near the most succesful.

Their roster apparently consists of:

David Banner
    TS/Remy Ma
    Akon
    Jae Millz
    Grandaddy Souf
    Sean Biggs

...the final two of whom I've never heard of.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Grandaddy Souf

Despite Hypnotize Minds production, his lone single is a total dud. And thats difficult to accomplish.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Grandaddy Souf
    ...I've never heard of.

Grandaddy souf was at a party that I played in Fla. Never heard his stuff but the local people were all over his crotch.

Grandaddy Souf
    ...I've never heard of.

Grandaddy souf was at a party that I played in Fla. Never heard his stuff but the local people were all over his crotch.

I'm feeling like he should get a new name.

Doesn't "Grandaddy Souf" sound kind of like a novelty artist?

"Okay, we've come up with a great strategy to distinguish this guy in the marketplace! The hook is--get this!--the dude is seventy years old!"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Grandaddy Souf
    ...I've never heard of.

I'm feeling like he should get a new name.

Doesn't "Grandaddy Souf" sound kind of like a novelty artist?

"Okay, we've come up with a great strategy to distinguish this guy in the marketplace! The hook is--get this!--the dude is seventy years old!"

And his DJ is DJ Father Time! If people love kiddie rappers, then they'll go nuts for geriatric rappers, who are just like kiddie rappers, only bitter! C'mon, this concept can't miss!

Isn't AKON on SRC??

That's what I was gonna say... Banner might be the most interesting artist, but he's nowhere near the most succesful.

Their roster apparently consists of:

David Banner
    TS/Remy Ma
    Akon
    Jae Millz
    Grandaddy Souf
    Sean Biggs

...the final two of whom I've never heard of.

Didnt know akon was on there.