Midweek Digs 2/6-2/10

2»

Comments

• a dig thru 15 boxes in a storage room that looked like it used to be somebodys pad
    (scary broken old toilet, trash, construction supplies etc) yielded these picks:

3x cocteau twins eps, 2x vangelis, patrick o'hearn that turned out to be semi new age.

4 klaus schultzes, a t.dream, and another t.dream solo guy

this is all late 70s early 80s electronic synth stuff, t.dream-ish except some
    are a bit too new age-y.

5x blues incl a folkways + a pretty cool shirley b. from '73 w/some j.harris
    arrangements.

legrand is a 1 tracker but its a sweet groove!, buddah madness, zombies = second
    cover which ive never found before only the 1st one, prysock has mort garson
    music and him doing spoken word drama, wicked firestarter, 'the other' godfather
    ost.

rodney o 12" (is this early for them?), Deron I have no clue and its sealed,
    d.banks, 2x Who boots (the blue one sounds quite good actually), drifters
    (somebody apparently didnt like the Drifter on the left!)

2x hedge and donna, Tjader, 10,000 maniacs uberraer, johnny bristol comin on some
    snoop dogg looks, Goliath on abc.

mackenzie on ampex, t.Life = 1978 really nice soul, Andre Gagnon has some cool
    tracks and some dreck, spiders webb, wilbert longmire (some cool jazz poo, some
    wicked grooves), Eloy.

aww yeah! 2 graelz in one day, both of which id given up on ever coming across
    years ago. I know bongos are out there, but it wasnt for me till today. The
    SOUL's got a nice cover and what i think is a vg record, gotta clean it up but i
    dont see any "feelable" marks, just the light kind.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Just got back from a month in Brazil... I was too busy to go record shopping most of the time, but here's some stuff I pulled across a couple of days. Thanks to MoogMan for showing me some stores in Sao Paulo!

Hey Joe,

Nice finds!
    How was the trip to Salvador and Recife? Did you find any record shop there?
    What about the capoeira events you participated? Let me know.

Peace

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Nothin too rare like you guys pull, but some good music nonetheless. Excuse crappy digital camera and operator.

Garage sale:

Was awesome finding DotD in great shape for a buck. That one was near the top of my want list.

Regular Austin record stores (except JB I got over the interwebs):

• Hey Joe,

Nice finds!

The rest of the trip was good... we were on capoeira overload the whole time we were in Salvador, and Recife was snorkelling and drinking beer on the beach. Pernambuco is crazy relaxing, we hung out with some maracatu blocos and aggro tattooed girls. I have no idea if there are records there. I do know that there are umbrella dancers.

I did pick up a few things in Salvador - the shops there had some hot records that were all completely destroyed. G- for days.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Somewhere I Belong on that Gabor Szabo 1969 LP
    is a really fantastic song.

That Dawn soundtrack doesn't have any dialogue on it, does it?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

Hey Joe,

Nice finds!

The rest of the trip was good... we were on capoeira overload the whole time we were in Salvador, and Recife was snorkelling and drinking beer on the beach. Pernambuco is crazy relaxing, we hung out with some maracatu blocos and aggro tattooed girls. I have no idea if there are records there. I do know that there are umbrella dancers.

I did pick up a few things in Salvador - the shops there had some hot records that were all completely destroyed. G- for days.

Cool! I'm glad you had a nice time there.
    This G- completely destroyed records thing really sucks.
    And don't forget: that maracatu dance is for professionals only.

Peace

P.S. Check your PM, please.

• Somewhere I Belong on that Gabor Szabo 1969 LP
    is a really fantastic song.

That Dawn soundtrack doesn't have any dialogue on it, does it?

No, it doesn't have any dialogue. It's just the Goblin score for the film. They used a combo of Goblin originals and library music for the film. The library music was recently reissued on Trunk records. Neither releases have any dialogue though.

• Terry Reid - Bang Bang You're Terry Reid (Epic)
    Red Kross - Teen Babes from Monsanto (Gasatanka)
    Defunkt - Thermo Nuclear Sweat (Hannibal)
    Michael Kamen - New York Rock (Atco)
    Stone the Crows - Ode to John Law (Polydor)
    "Doc" Williams and the Zodiacs - With Feeling (Beau Jauque) mostly horrible but one great cover of "Comin' Home" saves it.
    The Creation - Makin' Time Vol. 1 (Retroactive)
    Jennifer - S/T (Elektra)
    Mu - Lemurian Music (UA Brazil)
    Tim Buckley - Happy Sad (Elektra)
    House of Love - S/T (Creation)
    Jean Paul Sartre Experience - Love Songs (Flying Nun)
    Eddie Palmieri - La Perfecta (Alegere)
    Baby Huey - Living Legend (Curtom)

• Terry Reid - Bang Bang You're Terry Reid (Epic)

I need this record. Good haul man. That Creation is good.

• Image hosting by Photobucket
    Image hosting by Photobucket
    not pictured:
    Joseph Spence -- bahamian guitar lp
    Mighty Diamonds -- right time come lp

45:
    Hollywood Flares -- buzz buzz buzz/crazy

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

for cheap

Strk to a great gospel documentary with bonus live performances, 2LP sealed, love some of these tracks

Nice quebec Folk, a lot more where that one came from