I done committed fraud (NRR)

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
F*** I hate banks.I had all this trouble at the ATM for the past 5 days because my account was "frozen", yet nobody on the phone could figure out why. I ain't depositing sweens on the daily, so I couldn't figure out why my account would be frozen. I hate going into the bank personally, so I figured I would just wait it out (bad idea).After all this fracking rigamorale, it turns out when I deposited some left over Christmas cash onto my visa 6 days ago, I forgot to put the cheque in the envelope, I was reported for doing Fraud and they freezed my account. STUPID[/b]!I got off though, does this mean I'm more connected with the streets?

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I always wondered what would happen if one made a 'fake' deposit at the ATM...

• I was at a bus station one day and dude at an ATM starts jumping around hysterically. He starts yelling and screaming all excited about how we was able to get cash out of his ATM after putting in an empty envelope. I mean he was screaming this shit all over the street. Wouldn't be surprised if he got mugged after walking around the corner.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I was at a bus station one day and dude at an ATM starts jumping around hysterically. He starts yelling and screaming all excited about how we was able to get cash out of his ATM after putting in an empty envelope. I mean he was screaming this shit all over the street. Wouldn't be surprised if he got mugged after walking around the corner.
    Gremlin request: Shyne saying "That's gangsta"

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    even better

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

depending on the bank, one of the following:

a) the bank does not record deposits until they open up the envelope, so you can't withdraw anything

b) the bank gives you some sort of credit advance (say, 500 bucks), so the money you withdraw comes out of that, and then your account goes negative until you repay it

so, yeah, there's no "free" money... i have a checking plus balance on my account of 1,000, which comes in handy if the rent check has to be in the day before the paycheck comes... i have forgotten money before when deposting and just got a letter from my bank about it, no fraud accusations, tho...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Man 1, bank 0. It's the amazing true story of Patrick Combs, who, as a joke, deposited a fake check for $95,000 from a piece of junk mail into his bank account and, through some obscure banking laws, ended up being allowed to keep the money.

It's a long read, but it's a good one.

• F*** I hate banks.

My bank lost two cheques I paid into my business accountant last week so the funds weren't there for my mortgage payment
    They were trying to tell me I deposited the items on the 31st when I had a receict dated the 30th...
    Took two days and talking with 5 different people to sort it out...