SuperBowl is over World Baseball Championship??

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I'm far from a baseball head, but this competition looks interesting. All the Latin & Japanese cats are going to get some extra exposure.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This looks very interesting, but how will it work? Will they have a team of U.S. players vs. a team of international players? I need to look this up online and see what the deal is.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Team

USA
    Dominican Republic
    Puerto Rico
    Japan
    Cuba?
    etc.

• I'm all about it, although I have to admit not knowing anything about the series. Also can't find anything in google. Just found out about it through the comercials, should be fun to watch. I always watched the Caribbean Series with teams from the Caribbean and central and south America when I as growing up, and those games were always really good. The Cuba, DR, and PR rivalries are intense.

[no thread hijack] Batmon, you really 3 blocks from Yankee stadium? I use to go to The Feeding Tree a lot, the curried goat there is unfuckwitable![/no thread hijack]

[no thread hijack] Batmon, you really 3 blocks from Yankee stadium? I use to go to The Feeding Tree a lot, the curried goat there is unfuckwitable![/no thread hijack]

I'm on the Concourse. Is that the place across from the supermarket? We just call it the Jamacian place.

• yep, right there on Gerard, and just to keep it record related, last time I was in there they were bumping Max Romeo. oh wait, this is a baseball thread, I don't think they have a team, but they would son us all in cricket

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Team

USA
    Dominican Republic
    Puerto Rico
    Japan
    Cuba?
    etc.

etc. wouldn't be that much longer.

let's face it, nationalism + sports = soccer
    return to world cup thread.

yep, right there on Gerard, and just to keep it record related, last time I was in there they were bumping Max Romeo. oh wait, this is a baseball thread, I don't think they have a team, but they would son us all in cricket

Yeah, but the prices are crazy in that piece. The Irish moss drink =

• Options
    This looks very interesting, but how will it work? Will they have a team of U.S. players vs. a team of international players? I need to look this up online and see what the deal is.

Some US players opted to play for the international teams instead, for example Mike Piazza is playing for Italy even though he was born and raised in America. I don't know if that's because he probably wouldn't start on the US team or what.

The Dominican lineup is stacked.

No doubt. The hood is going to be real interesting when this jumps off.

If Cuba plays, the media will have a field day.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Some US players opted to play for the international teams instead, for example Mike Piazza is playing for Italy even though he was born and raised in America. I don't know if that's because he probably wouldn't start on the US team or what.

Didn't the US regularly play Caribbean teams until they got served one time?

World fucking Series... gimme a break.

Didn't the US regularly play Caribbean teams until they got served one time?

World fucking Series... gimme a break.

If this "international" format works, we'll see who is that Schitt.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I hope they let Cuba play....otherwise the whole "World Champion" thing is bogus.

• The Dominican lineup is stacked.

I hope they let Cuba play....otherwise the whole "World Champion" thing is bogus.

They'd let Cuba play, but the problem is players end up defecting to leave the island and Fidel isn't down with that, so its always an issue. They play in the Caribbean series every time.

Real contenders: DR, PR, USA, Japan, Venezuela, Mexico (maybe), Cuba (maybe), everyone else will be smashed.

Italy has a team? Watching them will be like watching a Felini film.

• i'm really psyched about this tournament, but i don't like USA's chances, unfortunately... the central american/carribean cats are no joke

did anybody check out the merchandise on that link?... china's hats are pretty fresh... i wish the USA one was better

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    DR's my pick to win the first one. Hometown bias on my part.

Pool D.

Dominican Republic
    Venezuela
    Italy
    Australia

I might have to get some tickets for the games in Phoenix...That Dominican hat is pretty ill.