Super Bullshit, In Progress

2»

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Yeah that illegal block was bullshit...wow I don't know if Seattle deserves to win this game but this is some of the worst officiating I've ever seen.

Fix is in. Testaverde in 1998, all over again. They'd better get this replay right.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    if this fumble call isnt reversed, then this confirms the refs are officially getting a nice check from pittsburg

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

There have been bad calls, but what surprises me is how much a non factor shawn alexander has been in this game. He's had a couple decent posessions, but didn't take the game in hand.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I was wrong. The Steelers won.

This game was most everything I hate about football. Too many penalties. Bad calls. Reviewing calls (if your going to review it you might as well get it right). Too long and boring. Fortunatly there were not a lot of injuries, which is the other thing I hate about football.

Dan

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It's hard to know what to say. I'd wanted to come to the conclusion that if my team lost fairly, I'd admit it and act like a man about it. If the better team beat us, so be it. That's life.
    But I cannot come to that conclusion. Aside from the fact that this was the worst "Super" Bowl I've ever seen in every facet of the game (including the Dallas-Buffalo blowout), the Steelers really played like shit today. Absolute shit. Yes: Willie Parker had a GREAT run that really killed us. Other than that, a trick play and a little defensive pressure (much less than advertised) was all they came with. Roethlisberger was absolutely terrible. Alexander was okay, but Seattle was in so much of a hole due to early calls that they HAD to throw it. And the call against Locklear was just too much. His man was offsides to begin with.

That said: Jerramy Stevens is a pussy (sorry, ladies - no disrespect meant) and needs to be cut before the night is over. Three dropped passes from a number one pick (now, official flop) cannot happen.
    And Holmgren really had some offensive playcalling down the stretch. Not a question.

Cats are going to tell me: "sour grapes, asswipe," but all Steeler fans know in their hearts that this was a terrible way to win a game.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I am not a football fan nor a Steelers or Seahawks fan, but I do believe there was a couple bad calls at first.

But the rest of the game was fair.

Seattle lost. Deal.

• It's hard to know what to say. I'd wanted to come to the conclusion that if my team lost fairly, I'd admit it and act like a man about it. If the better team beat us, so be it. That's life.
    But I cannot come to that conclusion. Aside from the fact that this was the worst "Super" Bowl I've ever seen in every facet of the game (including the Dallas-Buffalo blowout), the Steelers really played like shit today. Absolute shit. Yes: Willie Parker had a GREAT run that really killed us. Other than that, a trick play and a little defensive pressure (much less than advertised) was all they came with. Roethlisberger was absolutely terrible. Alexander was okay, but Seattle was in so much of a hole due to early calls that they HAD to throw it. And the call against Locklear was just too much. His man was offsides to begin with.

That said: Jerramy Stevens is a pussy (sorry, ladies - no disrespect meant) and needs to be cut before the night is over. Three dropped passes from a number one pick (now, official flop) cannot happen.
    And Holmgren really had some offensive playcalling down the stretch. Not a question.

Cats are going to tell me: "sour grapes, asswipe," but all Steeler fans know in their hearts that this was a terrible way to win a game.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. Lets not forget this BUM ASS kicker Rouen who kicked five fucking touchbacks. Refs did us dirty but Stevens drops and the lack of finishing off drives killed us.

• even with the atrocious officiating, I still think P-burgh deserved to win. Seattle's playcalling and execution at the end of both halfs was horrific. Hasselbeck looked like a high school QB that had accidentally stumbled onto the field during the Super Bowl.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Bad calls aside, the seahawks just couldn't get anything going. The refs blew a few calls, but it was seattle that blew the game - bad play calling, defensive breakdowns. I expected that they would come with more. The game wasn't steller, but it was close after 3 quarters. it kept me watching.

Seattle's end game sucked. They didn't score when they should have. They blew the end of the 2nd qt and the end of the 4th. Pitt got the calls, Pitt got the breaks, but they scored and Seattle didn't. You don't get to the superbowl without winning despite the calls, and you don't win the superbowl without scoring more than your opponent.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's hard to know what to say. I'd wanted to come to the conclusion that if my team lost fairly, I'd admit it and act like a man about it. If the better team beat us, so be it. That's life.

As you're a Seattle fan I definitely feel for you.

Unfortunately, bad calls seem to be a part of all big games, overcoming them is the sign of a true champion.

Two made instead of missed field goals, Stevens holds on to the ball, your punter gives the Steelers the kind of field position that the Steelers provided the Seahawks with......and this game goes either way.

I'm not a Steelers fan, just thought they were gonna win....I wish it had been a better game.

Rich

4 posts in 5 minutes saying the same thing. You've gotta type fast if you want to be a strutter.

• STEELERS WON BITCHES!!!!!

• STEELERS WON BITCHES!!!!!

congratulations. i thought the ref calls were bad but i thought pittsburgh would have won anyway. good to see cowhler win one finally.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    FUCK YEAH!!! STEELERS BITCHES.

how the fuck are you gonna blame the loss of a game on some bad calls? thats just reaching there. hasselback came out hard in the first half and 3 quarter, but our defense shut him down in the 4th quarter.

oh and rothlisberger DID get that touchdown, it was plan as day doods.

• Got a call from dude that plays from the Redskins. He says "how do you tell people that the NFL is fixed? It's like saying that there is no Santa."

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Got a call from dude that plays from the Redskins. He says "how do you tell people that the NFL is fixed? It's like saying that there is no Santa."

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Keep riding that Melcher Horse, cowboy. You are delusional.

We had our share of fuck-ups, certainly. The Steelers got a nice tricky play to beat us. And, as noted, Hass had some trouble with the 4th quarter pressure, especially when Stevens dropped some passes.
    But I sincerely want Mike Holmgren to come out and say: "The officials made 5 or 6 bullshit calls that I want investigated." That would be so refreshing.
    Oh, and: Vikings fans, enjoy the services of Shaun Alexander. He's not a bad running back. Browns fans, have fun with Steve Hutchinson. He might be a Hall-of-Famer someday.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The calls dramatically changed the course of the game. A reversed TD. Ball on the 1 yd line. And young Mack the replay was about as close as one could hope on that Ratsoberger TD. I think it should have stood because ties go to the runner but don't kid your book rate sending ass about it. You guys looked horrible on 0 save for three very big plays. Seattle will be thinking about this for a long time. Untimely (correctly called) penalties, Hasselbeck throwing the INT and lots of drops sealed the hawks fate. It was a terd of game.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Seattle lost. Deal.

• QUADRUPLE YOI!!!!!!

so we didn't play our best game but we stepped it up where necessary.
    the overturned seagulls TD was , but even given that yinz would've still been under 20 pts.
    the ball probably crossed the line on the Ben TD, close one.
    there were definitely some REAL questionable non-calls that could've gone against seattle, so don't fool yourselves cats.
    i partied harded the whole weekend than i have ina long time. this morning's rough but happy

COWHER POWER

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

I feel you on all accounts.

That phantom holding call was just too much to overcome.

Fucking pathetic.

Infuriating.

Again, I'm a Seattle fan so I'm biased, but "the better team" did not win yesterday.

I'm not so, so mad at the offensive pass interference. In real time, it might've looked to be more than it was and the ref was standing right there. I also can't be too mad that they didn't overturn that Big Ben TD. What I am stunned about is why didn???t the line judge signal that that shit was a touch down immediately? He ran a few steps forward looking like he was going to spot the ball short of the goal line, but then he seemed to see Big Ben past the goal line and called it a TD. Hey line judge, it doesn???t matter where Ben is when you get there, what matters is if he got the ball past the goal line before he was fucking down. There is nothing that running 10 feet forward should???ve revealed to you. You either saw him pass the goal line or you didn???t. That was a wack call. Again, I???m not mad that they didn???t over turn it, but I dunno what the hell that line judge???s thought process was. Either call it a TD or don't.

Anyway, regardless, it was a shitty super bowl. If I wasn't a Seattle or a Pitt fan, I would've been bored shitless.

-e

• As a fairly impartial observer of last night's game, let me just say...

what a dogshit game. Both teams looked horrible, and in a year where the referees looked noteworthily bad, they managed one final crappy performance. Not that they were the Seahawks only problem (what, did they take clock management lessons from Andy Reid's Superbowl XXXIX playbook?) but if you are going to take away a TD in the SUPERBOWL, that had better be an egregious penalty.

Whatever...what a dog.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Rothlisberger DID NOT get that touchdown foolio. The ball did NOT cross the line. The officials gave that one to the steelers mane.

• oh and rothlisberger DID get that touchdown, it was plan as day doods.

Rothlisberger DID NOT get that touchdown foolio. The ball did NOT cross the line. The officials gave that one to the steelers mane.

Watch it again. The ball broke the plane by a pussy hair. Besides, there was no irrefutable video evidence to overturn the call on the field. The game was ugly, but give the Steelers credit for beating the four best teams in the league to get the trophy. That shit has never been done before.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    hasselbeck looked like mcnabb in the end. just couldnt handle the pressure. while i agree that that td should have stood, seattles qb, and kickers really blew the game for them. it was amatuer night in detroit. steelers just played better.

• Options

That whole sequence SUCKED. I had 3-3 in one of my box pools, and hitting the halftime score paid 1250. If they overturned that call Pitt goes for the field goal and I hit the half.

I knew that play was going to stand as soon they showed the graphic about how the ref has only overturned 22 or 23% of his replays the entire season. Oh well.

Sorry Chan, could be worse at least you're not a Jets fan.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The calls dramatically changed the course of the game. A reversed TD. Ball on the 1 yd line. And young Mack the replay was about as close as one could hope on that Ratsoberger TD. I think it should have stood because ties go to the runner but don't kid your book rate sending ass about it. You guys looked horrible on 0 save for three very big plays. Seattle will be thinking about this for a long time. Untimely (correctly called) penalties, Hasselbeck throwing the INT and lots of drops sealed the hawks fate. It was a terd of game.