Is Soulstrut Ageist???

13»

Comments

• Having grown up listening to blues artists, age never made a damn bit of difference to me (music-wise). Not everything sanctioned by the youth is gonna be hip and revolutionary. Yeah, it was the youngsters who made the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and (in the UK) the Sex Pistols popular in their primes, but the teen market was also responsible for Joey Lawrence, New Kids on the Block, Frankie Avalon, the Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, and Lindsay Lohan, so who's bullshitting whom? Good art is wherever you find it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I feel your comments for the right reasons, but that Stones halftime performance at the SBowl was straight garbage. How many NFL fans want to see M Jagger shaking his pelvis at 60?? Made me want to puke.

Those NFL fans like that trash. Those guys are still doin' their thang,but I would not call them relevant to the musical landscape at all. At this point, its a Vegas act for the Nostalgia set. But the Stones are a franchise shooting for something bigger than ringtones charts and MTV play. Most young artists would love get to the point of reciting/recycling the greatest hits for 40 years.
    Only a handful of cats reinvent the wheel during their run. "You dont grow old bein' no fool!"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Lindsay Lohan,Good art is wherever you find it.