Plaese to explain "Jerk" music

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Was this a subtle hint from the person who sent me the record?

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    french music

• It was a dance in the sixties done to music with a delayed 2 and 4 beat (or backbeat). Stuff like 'Mustang Sally' and 'Cool Jerk' were good examples.

I tried to type out what a dancer looks like when they did it but it just sounded stupid.

None of this is mutually exclusive to being a subtle hint from the person who sent you the record either.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    It was a dance in the sixties done to music with a delayed 2 and 4 beat (or backbeat). Stuff like 'Mustang Sally' and 'Cool Jerk' were good examples.

I tried to type out what a dancer looks like when they did it but it just sounded stupid.

None of this is mutually exclusive to being a subtle hint from the person who sent you the record either.

buy a second hand 45 in france or belgium that was kind of popular in clubs chances are high that someone has written "jerk" on the cover or label.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• mmm jerk chicken... one of the few things I miss since becoming a vegetarian a couple years ago.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mmm jerk chicken... one of the few things I miss since becoming a vegetarian a couple years ago.

Jerk Tofu.....

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    its hype!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    french music
    I totally thought this was a sarcastic diss to french people. I guess this comes from living with someone who is from England.

I tried to bring it to to no avail.

Spanx.

• beyond being french,

jerk is a dance craze name. so any record that you could do the jerk to would have this particular rhythm making it a jerk record.

alot of ep's have four songs all with the different styles written in italics or parentheses.

• that "I HEART U" shirt is bonkers.

• so any record that you could jerk to would have this particular rhythm making it a jerk record.

ayo!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

So, in France does jerk mean something different than the 60s dance craze? Like "Belgium popcorn" is different than popcorn?