So who saw The Time & Dap-kings at BAM?

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I went with gyal. Was a bit taken aback by the opera house seating vibe and being Williamsburg residents we managed to embarrass ourselves in front of the black bourgoisie by getting there late (bands never start on time in Wburg yo) and missing half the Sharon Jones set. However, she was clearly halfway through killin it with the whole African/Native American dancing styles thing with all the banter. Very cool. Then into There Was A Time done in a new stylee and then some of the more poppy stuff. Audience was seated for most of it but showed appreciation after good vocal or trumpet moments - how jazzy.Then The Time came on and everybody jumped up until their first downtempo number came on, which was pretty much immediately. Anyway they were If you don't know then you just don't know. They invented that shit. Anyone else?

Comments

• Had tickets to go, had 104 fever that day,my head was so needless to say....

DIDN'T GO.

My friends went, said it was dope though.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Had tickets to go, had 104 fever that day,my head was
    Bad.

My friends went, said it was dope though.
    Good.

I saw them in Vegas a few years ago and Gerome had a much bigger mirror. Also, the girls they pulled up on stage were hotter then, but that's not anyone's fault now is it? However, back then they didn't do The Walk which is my favorite and they did it this time.