WEEKEND FINDS start here

Comments

• Afrika Bambaataa & SSF: Planet Rock (Tommy Boy) 12"

Grandmaster Melle Mel: White Lines (Sugarhill) 12"

Soft Cell: Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love go (Sire) 12"

2 Live Crew: The Bomb has dropped (Skywalker) 12"

Afro-Rican: Give it All you Got (Suntown) 12"

Comptons Most Wanted: Music To Driveby (Sony OG promo) LP
    - Yo jinx, did you have too many of these as well?

Grand Daddy I.U. : Lead Pipe (Cold Chillin) clean edit LP

Grover Washington, Jr.: Inner City Blues (Kudu) LP

Donny Hathaway: Extensions of A Man (ATCO) LP

John Coltrane: Transition (Impulse) LP

Gabor Szabo: Spellbinder (Impulse) LP

Bobby Culture, Brimstone & Fire, Louie Rankin and Nicodemus as the Tidal Wave (Unicorn records) LP

• M1NYAM1NYA 18 Posts

fack...

M1NYA

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    img src="[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/nb8crc.jpg" alt="" />[/img] img src="[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/nb8x7t.jpg" alt="" />[/img] img src="[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/nb8xlc.jpg" alt="" />[/img] img src="[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/nb8xtz.jpg" alt="" />[/img] img src="[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/nb8y1d.jpg" alt="" />[/img]

...and many more Rare flyers, 8x10 glossy shots, 1 sheet press announcements and stickers. Lots of fun, and stuff i've never seen before.

• fack...

M1NYA

IF THIS IS THE MINYA I THINK IT IS

FUCK YOU MINYA[/b]

• M1NYAM1NYA 18 Posts
    uhh... I don't think I am the same person...

M1NYA

• fack...

M1NYA

IF THIS IS THE MINYA I THINK IT IS

FUCK YOU MINYA[/b]

Explain plaese...

• Freddie Hubbard[/b] - First Light (sealed)

McDonald & Giles[/b] - S/T (available for trade)

Nick Drake[/b] - Heaven In A Wildflower (UK Island comp)

McCoy Tyner[/b] - Sahara

• Well get Hcrink some audiofiles bro!

• only one record this weekend, but a funny story. my buddy works as a gas meter
    reader and often has to go into basements and garages. for the last few months hes
    been working a fairly run down neighbrohood. He's always got his eye out for a way
    to make a few extra bucks, as hes supporting the fam etc. So once in a while he
    sees something in someones garage or basement and asks if theyd want to sell it, so
    he can turn around and try to flip it. Usually like a box of old books or an old
    bike or whatever.
    Well today im over at his place for the superbowl and he says go out in the garage,
    i got a box of records off an old guy the other day but they smell really bad and
    im gonna trash anything you dont want asap. The house he got them from was poorly
    heated and he didnt realize just how soaked in piss and shit they were from rats or
    whatever. It was all mid 70s temptations etc, but truly toxic! literally
    unsalvageable. BUT there was a seperate box that he said was up on a shelf with old
    romance novels in it, i poked just to see and this peety OST was at the bottom,
    unsmelly, and actually a good vg. I asked him what he paid for the 2 boxes and he
    said 5 bux. I doubled his $ and took the remainder of the stinky lps to the curb for
    him.

weirdness: just now i was examining it, and the slurp card fell out. it says 'c.1968
    southland' in the corner, so its definitely 7-11. huh.

• "performance: when their spaceship lands"

• only one record this weekend, but a funny story. my buddy works as a gas meter
    reader and often has to go into basements and garages. for the last few months hes
    been working a fairly run down neighbrohood. He's always got his eye out for a way
    to make a few extra bucks, as hes supporting the fam etc. So once in a while he
    sees something in someones garage or basement and asks if theyd want to sell it, so
    he can turn around and try to flip it. Usually like a box of old books or an old
    bike or whatever.
    Well today im over at his place for the superbowl and he says go out in the garage,
    i got a box of records off an old guy the other day but they smell really bad and
    im gonna trash anything you dont want asap. The house he got them from was poorly
    heated and he didnt realize just how soaked in piss and shit they were from rats or
    whatever. It was all mid 70s temptations etc, but truly toxic! literally
    unsalvageable. BUT there was a seperate box that he said was up on a shelf with old
    romance novels in it, i poked just to see and this peety OST was at the bottom,
    unsmelly, and actually a good vg. I asked him what he paid for the 2 boxes and he
    said 5 bux. I doubled his $ and took the remainder of the stinky lps to the curb for
    him.

weirdness: just now i was examining it, and the slurp card fell out. it says 'c.1968
    southland' in the corner, so its definitely 7-11. huh.

What's it sound like? I'm assuming it's mostly funk, but I've never seen the movie.

Too bad that other forum no longer exists.

Herm

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That record isn't very good. It's cool to have it cuz it's RRM related. The best tracks of the movie are NOT NOT NOT on the LP

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I found this for 50 cents:

Some French guy is trying to give me $500 for this right now--saying he's been looking for it for 20 years. Anyone ever have/sold a copy of this before? Is it really a modern soul grail like that?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I found this for 50 cents:

Some French guy is trying to give me $500 for this right now--saying he's been looking for it for 20 years. Anyone ever have/sold a copy of this before? Is it really a modern soul grail like that?

do it or youre soft.

Def not a $500 LP, we talking fractions here

• i have sold it. i used to have quanity on that record. so did another guy in LA. whats the big deal?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

let it run
    but if you need that instant baller cash, go for the 5 ben franks

good luck young baller!

• i NEVER end an auction early. if i stopped that auction and sold that stones boot for $800 last weekend i would be $2950 poorer. it is against our policy to end auctions early and have never done it. not even once. i can tell you every time i am offered an outrageous price to stop an item, the item always closes for more than the offer. i can only remember this not happening one time and every list we are asked to stop auctions.

it is so funny how some of these modern records are so " rare " now. that shit used to be sitting in 30 count boxes at the rodium. japan is stocked with that record, there are so many " rare " soul records from the 70's and 80's like that in japan it is absurd. i remember selling thay record on ebay before too back in 2000 or 2001. i think it is an EP. correct?

that record is like the black ivory record from the same era. older groups doing budget last gasp shit. the delfonics did one like that on poogie. the waters have two like that. private last horrah shit.

rare is some cracked in half blues 78 or 45 or some shit. not some 80's modern record that there used to be quanity on. it does not mean that it will not sell for $800. go go! i am rooting that shit on.

i bought a record by an artist called phyliss bailey on a private label out of LA today. excellent soul boogie ala james mason.

never had it before. anyone know it? it is excellent.

ap

YOUR BUYERS GETS NO OFFERS THROUGH, DOGG!

lol

I put a buy it now on an item for $499. Of course, it did not sell after a couple days so I removed the buy it now. The item ended at $800. I was chuffed.

Did you ever see Dre or Japanese dude who ran that schitt at Roadium? This was like early to late 80s though, hah.

• i bought a record by an artist called phyliss bailey on a private label out of LA today. excellent soul boogie ala james mason.

never had it before. anyone know it? it is excellent.

ap

I know that dude didnt want to sell it to me for $100 last weekend because he "hadnt got a price for it yet" ::shrug::

found this nice hawaiin funk rock record today. cant find shit on it other than someone on gemm wanting ridiculous money. I could swore one of the players was in lemuria...anyone know it?

• i started dealing in records when i returned to LA is 1996. i dont know dre. i heard about that shit. the rodium is storied. stop bagging on the decent shop owners in LA like roy at record recyler. that guy knows more about rare records than your grandma knows about taking a shit. respect batches. that dude was buying rare synth when you were dropping needle on bob james ladybug. i saw rockaway pay some guy off the street $20 for his ringworn mono dylan records. i broke out in applause. roy and rockaway and surplus do it right. unlike other places that are going out of business left and right. respect to the $1K ebay record ganstas. those dudes make it all go round. props to markofunk to batch.

ap

i started dealing in records when i returned to LA is 1996. i dont know dre. i heard about that shit. the rodium is storied. stop bagging on the decent shop owners in LA like roy at record recyler. that guy knows more about rare records than your grandma knows about taking a shit. respect batches. that dude was buying rare synth when you were dropping needle on bob james ladybug. i saw rockaway pay some guy off the street $20 for his ringworn mono dylan records. i broke out in applause. roy and rockaway and surplus do it right. unlike other places that are going out of business left and right. respect to the $1K ebay record ganstas. those dudes make it all go round. props to markofunk to batch.

ap

cosiggle to the old heads, nothing but respect unless they start acting up, up, and uppity lol

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
    epitomy of western music?
    diss cuss

• phyliss bailey is worth a lot more than $100. i pay out on the back end on those raers and know dude. i pay out $803 on fred johnson. i sell the prince black album on consignment. interpersonal and emotional record relationships for 2006 and beyond you batches. i also am feeling a strong urge to go underground in lompoc and reunite with the wizard. some rare santa barbara hot poop does thier stuff alexanders bonzo band related bullshit. later. real headz know the deal. i will also trade for feather. later dayz.

i will also trade for feather. later dayz.

met an old head recently who would not sell me feather, he is going to record it first

• sounds burnt. gaviota is my jam off of chu y lips. whatever. i like rare folk. later.

• phyliss bailey is worth a lot more than $100. i pay out on the back end on those raers and know dude. i pay out $803 on fred johnson. i sell the prince black album on consignment. interpersonal and emotional record relationships for 2006 and beyond you batches. i also am feeling a strong urge to go underground in lompoc and reunite with the wizard. some rare santa barbara hot poop does thier stuff alexanders bonzo band related bullshit. later. real headz know the deal. i will also trade for feather. later dayz.

yeah man i'm sure you known dude for years

im just saying that if youre a dealer at a show why bring a record to your table if youre not gonna price it. might as well send that shit to the smithsoneum.

definately not feeling that "make me an offer" talk. I dont go to shows to price peoples records.

congrats on finding that record though, i'd love to hear it.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Remember that record I was talking to you about last week. The one that K***u said he was putting up to auction between me and 2 other guys.

yup thats it

smithsoneum.

I am feeling this.

• HA HA i know. those dudes are all about that shit though. those guys were holding live auctions on package deals to the japanese in the parking lot at PCC at 4 am when i was scratching my ass in santa cruz trying to remember where i stashed the bong and you were at uni high throwing ceramic somkewear and shit. 1991 bt express 1980 lp for $80. todays shit aint nothing to dudes like that. 10 boxes varied condition 1992 package deal force feed to tokoyo strangers at 5 am at pcc and shit. live auction style dude. you think ebays bad ass you and i both missed to boat dude.