What the fuck is wrong with people?

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

What? Gay people shouldn't be hit with a hatchet? Where have I been?

"My homosexuality knows no boundaries"

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "He started swinging the hatchet on top of this customer's head," he said.

Meanwhile, the attacker struck a second patron with the hatchet, pulled out a gun and shot the first victim in the face and the second twice in the head, Phillip said. A third person also was shot in the abdomen.

That's some serious hate to do that - especially to total strangers.

• The guys probably off his rocker. I wouldn't chock this up to a problem with society. Just a nutso. Glad no one was killed. Dude would probably have a seizure if he ever came around my neighborhood.

• I hope dude gets merked. Unless he's sick and then I hope he gets help/locked up.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "He started swinging the hatchet on top of this customer's head," he said.

Meanwhile, the attacker struck a second patron with the hatchet, pulled out a gun and shot the first victim in the face and the second twice in the head, Phillip said. A third person also was shot in the abdomen.

thank goodness they're still alive

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i dont get how you could be 18 and so out of your mind. maybe he was raped by a dude and felt he needed revenge?

maybe he grew up in a homophobic society and has a lot of hate in his soul.

I hope everyone recovers as quickly as possible....dman man I can't even begin to describe how sadistic you need to be to take a hatchet to another man.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    maybe he was raped by a dude and felt he needed revenge?

Or just gay

• My guess is that there was a lot of fear rumbling around in that guy's head and heart (not to mention other parts possibly). I have to try and believe that sadism like this comes from fear. Not an excuse - Just a way to make sense of it all...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    so disturbing, is there a backstory to how he ended up like that? grenade or landmine perhaps?

• maybe he was raped by a dude and felt he needed revenge?

Or just gay

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    maybe he was raped by a dude and felt he needed revenge?

Or just gay

chris cooper is gay?

• Or just gay

Exactly what I was thinking of when I made my reply above...

• Options
    Looks like a blanket with a head, like a shawl (spelling???). It's was what came up when I typed USA USA USA.

Kevin.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i dont get how you could be 18 and so out of your mind. maybe he was so irrationally afraid of being raped by a dude[/b] and felt he needed revenge before it could even happen[/b]?

I think some people are either so repressed, so hateful or both, that they do this kind of thing to feel like they are addressing some kind of "problem" either in society or in their minds.

I have told the story here before of a guy I knew in college. He was Black and hated Black people on the whole, and HATED gays. HATED 'em. Well, turns out he was on the DL, having unprotected anonymous sex at one of many cruising spots frequented by closeted men and hustlers, or just guys looking for anonymous quickies. He contracted HIV, snapped mentally/emotionally and decided he was going to become a serial killer, and killed one guy at one of the cruising spots, and a few weeks later shot 2 guys at another, killing one and wounding the other.He got caught because he called an afternoon talk radio show and went off on the scourge of homosexuality and admitted to the shootings, talking long enough for the cops to show up at his door before he even hung up the phone.

Jay, the repressed quasi-sociopath in question, is now serving life in prison, 2 people are dead and one injured all because he hated himself. One the the saddest things I ever saw in my life, because when he wasn't trying so hard to be all the things he really wasn't (white, straight,etc), he was a smart, funny guy from a very nice family.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    I very nice english guy I met a while ago told me a horrible story of a bit of his life..

He's gay....living with his boyfriend in a smaller Texas city....had met his boyfriend in NYC, and they moved back to his boyfriends Texas home town to start a new life, as boyfriend had AIDS and they wanted to live a quiter life than NYC provides. After a few years of happy times, boyfriends illness steps up drastically, and he passes away. Please note that all the while they were in said town, noone would really speak to them or really even acknowledge their presence. At the funeral for his boyfriend, my friend obviously grief stricken, is giving instructions to the hired pallbearers as to how to load the body in the limo, when someone comes out of nowhere with a shotgun and says something to the effect of "this will make sure you join your faggot boyfriend" and pops off 2 rounds at close range.

Amazingly, my friend lives, even though the ambulance took 1/2 hour to arrive (VERY homophobic town). At this point after 4 weeks in hospital, when he is disharged, he find that his boyfriends mother has taken over, sold EVERYTHING that he and his boyfriend owned together, and has left my friend penniless by clearing out their mutual bank account. He only got home by sheer luck and a friendly stranger who gave him a ride all the way to NYC.

True story.....

fuck people suck....

• I very nice english guy I met a while ago told me a horrible story of a bit of his life..

He's gay....living with his boyfriend in a smaller Texas city....had met his boyfriend in NYC, and they moved back to his boyfriends Texas home town to start a new life, as boyfriend had AIDS and they wanted to live a quiter life than NYC provides. After a few years of happy times, boyfriends illness steps up drastically, and he passes away. Please note that all the while they were in said town, noone would really speak to them or really even acknowledge their presence. At the funeral for his boyfriend, my friend obviously grief stricken, is giving instructions to the hired pallbearers as to how to load the body in the limo, when someone comes out of nowhere with a shotgun and says something to the effect of "this will make sure you join your faggot boyfriend" and pops off 2 rounds at close range.

Amazingly, my friend lives, even though the ambulance took 1/2 hour to arrive (VERY homophobic town). At this point after 4 weeks in hospital, when he is disharged, he find that his boyfriends mother has taken over, sold EVERYTHING that he and his boyfriend owned together, and has left my friend penniless by clearing out their mutual bank account. He only got home by sheer luck and a friendly stranger who gave him a ride all the way to NYC.

True story.....

fuck people suck....

Damn....

• I very nice english guy I met a while ago told me a horrible story of a bit of his life..

True story.....

fuck people suck....

Damn....

That just mighta put a black cloud over my whole day...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    there are some depressing stories in this thread

• The treatment of gay people in this country is really sad.
    "Its OK to hate them becuase God does too."

• man look at all those shorts.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Just read an article that claims this sicko was into The Insane Clown Posse and had a website dedicated to their music....jeeeeez

• The news tonight had one of the victims on, showing his face with a hatchet wound across it. He said he wanted to show the world what happened. Brave dude. Got shot in the back, sliced across the face with a hatchet, and two days later was doing an interview. Call him Werner Herzog...

• Robida is a graduate of New Bedford's junior police academy, a program intended to build social skills, self-esteem and self-confidence in children 12 to 14, police said.

hmmm

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

fuck people suck....

this shit just put my whole day in perspective, thanks dude...

• UPDATE

Dude is now dead, along with a cop and his female companion, both of whom died at his hands.

• [urlhttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2006/02/06/national/a112901S13.DTL]UPDATE[/url]

Dude is now dead, along with a cop and his female companion, both of whom died at his hands.

My folks live one town away from New Bedford--such a horrible end to a horrible story. My mother was quick to point out that the kid was obsessed with "Psycho Clowns" (Insane Clown Posse) and was a "Gigolo" (Juggalo? can't say that i myself am up on the ICP lingo). Folks talking about songs with axes in the title and trying to make sense of it all.

Depressing.

• Just read an article that claims this sicko was into The Insane Clown Posse and had a website dedicated to their music....jeeeeez

Some article I read said he had a myspace profile. I couldn't find it by searching his name. I wish he would have survived so he could stand trial.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    I very nice english guy I met a while ago told me a horrible story of a bit of his life..

True story.....

fuck people suck....

Damn....

That just mighta put a black cloud over my whole day...

at the time i wrote this i was quite saddened by the attacks, and obviously mad as well..didn't want to bring anyone down...sorry if I did.

the upside to it all....my english friend was a great guy, and was doing so well when I last saw him, that his sense of personal peace & happiness might be greater than even mine (and believe me that is saying alot). He went through the ringer, and came out pretty good after a while. Was busy with a good creative job, lots of friends and having wonderful times....so we should all be so fortunate to have as positive an outlook as him.