do you like hyphie music?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

you're absolutely right robert, i've feigned interest in rap music for more than half of my relatively short life for the sole reason of later turning my back on the genre to look cool in front of some internet nerds i've never met. i actually prefer to listen to jam bands. it's shocking at how well you're able to read me.

***sound of Archaic doing a screen capture and pressing "print"***

• oh shit! this is getting good. rossi, scoot over and pass the shrimp chips, plaese.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    D'oh! Missed that part.

Archie, I really don't think that Nozzle falls into that category.

no dude it's true, i'm going to have the hipster nation pulling their paypal charges when i declare slump & grind 2 "not as good as that marc marcello mix" next thursday.

FOOLED YOU![/b]

love,
    MALICIOUS CARPETBAGGUER INTERST FEIGNER BABY EATING HATTER

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    i think this is on par with the pretentious critics who try to forcably dictate taste and then personally attack those who disagree with them.

Never have I "attacked" you for liking different music than me. I have only "attacked" you when you spread false suppositions about artists who are trying to carve out a niche for themselves in the independent market...which essentially sabotages their efforts.

And I'll put it to you again, why do you think it's noble to do such things? I've heard you call it being objective in the past...but that's not what I'm pointing at...whether or not you like something. Why do you think that it's your duty to turn so many people away from music that on the surface it seems that you are trying to promote?

and where does your "side hating" of, let's say jay-z, a rapper who's pretty widely understood to be one of the best to ever do it but you continously hatt on, fit in to the equation? is it only taboo to speak ill of artist when they're unpopular?

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2004-01-09/music_phases3.html

See, I'm not much of a fan of Jay-Z...in fact I pretty much can't stand him. But to me, being objective is more about shedding positive light on things that I don't personally like that others obviously do, and less about trying to shit on things that hardly anybody has had a chance to listen to yet.

you're absolutely right robert, i've feigned interest in rap music for more than half of my relatively short life for the sole reason of later turning my back on the genre to look cool in front of some internet nerds i've never met. i actually prefer to listen to jam bands. it's shocking at how well you're able to read me.

You do good deeds here and there (and I have commended you for them), but as far as I can tell...you are ultimately a busta.

• no dude it's true, i'm going to have the hipster nation pulling their paypal charges when i declare slump & grind 2 "not as good as that marc marcello mix" next thursday.

You got me!

• a busta.

i know you said other things, but this was the best part. not that its directed at anyone in particular, but that you chose to use that minus the -er. brilliant!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i think this is on par with the pretentious critics who try to forcably dictate taste and then personally attack those who disagree with them.

Never have I "attacked" you for liking different music than me. I have only "attacked" you when you spread false suppositions about artists who are trying to carve out a niche for themselves in the independent market...which essentially sabotages their efforts.

And I'll put it to you again, why do you think it's noble to do such things? I've heard you call it being objective in the past...but that's not what I'm pointing at...whether or not you like something. Why do you think that it's your duty to turn so many people away from music that on the surface it seems that you are trying to promote?

thats what someone who critiques music does.
    you give out positive reviews when you like something
    negative when you don't
    objectivity has nothing to do with it
    respect people's subjective opinions
    sometimes they're going to be negative
    and they're going to talk about
    ... or don't read criticism and stay off soulstrut

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

negative when you don't

So you're now contradicting the outrage you feigned when it was me telling you to get lost?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Perhaps he lacks your inflated sense of self importance?

In other words, he views himself simply as a dude with opinions, rather than as a force within the market.

Just a thought.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

negative when you don't

So you're now contradicting the outrage you feigned when it was me telling you to get lost?

people put up an opinion about music and you take it to a personal level (ie telling me to get lost) instead of dealing with the music. thats what i have a problem with.
    peace

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    no dude it's true, i'm going to have the hipster nation pulling their paypal charges when i declare slump & grind 2 "not as good as that marc marcello mix" next thursday.

You got me!

Slump and Grind2 is eerily similar to that Marc Marcello mix, surely not intentionally, but maybe there's only so many mixtape-friendly Bay bangers at the moment.

Alls I know is everytime I hear any Turf Talk now I see the dude on Judge Joe Brown being told he's "no kind of man" and I laugh.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    All this from a simple "do you like hyphie music" question?

Wow.

• no dude it's true, i'm going to have the hipster nation pulling their paypal charges when i declare slump & grind 2 "not as good as that marc marcello mix" next thursday.

You got me!

Slump and Grind2 is eerily similar to that Marc Marcello mix, surely not intentionally, but maybe there's only so many mixtape-friendly Bay bangers at the moment.

Alls I know is everytime I hear any Turf Talk now I see the dude on Judge Joe Brown being told he's "no kind of man" and I laugh.

Well, there are certainly a couple of the same songs, but we put stuff on there that we really didn't think anyone would (like the Little Bruce, Eddie K, Done Deal, MeDaMac, What The What, our remix of Guess Who's Back, and of course, the intro).

Faux_Rillz loves the phrasing. And Josh's cuts are just unfadeable. But I had to give Mark his props for beating us to the punch and getting the internets going nuts and all with his mix. He seems like a proper dude.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

• Did...did you call me Big Bird?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Did...did you call me Big Bird?

I'm all down, big baby.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    the phrasing really makes the mix what it is- superb!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i gotta agree with archaic that if you aren't feeling super hyphie, shit probably isn't for you. and you guys really need to stop posting all this shit before i get to work

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    phrasing

I'm not sure I know what this means within a mixtape context. Can someone clarify?

• the phrasing really makes the mix what it is- superb!

You mock!

We love.

You got me!

Well, there are certainly a couple of the same songs, but we put stuff on there that we really didn't think anyone would (like the Little Bruce, Eddie K, Done Deal, MeDaMac, What The What, our remix of Guess Who's Back, and of course, the intro).

Faux_Rillz loves the phrasing. And Josh's cuts are just unfadeable. But I had to give Mark his props for beating us to the punch and getting the internets going nuts and all with his mix. He seems like a proper dude.

SLUMP AND GRIND 2 all the way. At least you guys are from the Bay and actually beat everyone else to the punch when you guys did S&G One.

Not trying to hate on the ignant mix, but dude isn't coming out with some "streets heat meets dj pyrotechnics on the technics" (read: on-point deejayking skills). Plus I heard he doesn't even get his grown man on or touch you dudes after the club.

• grown on man

• ha...I just caught that and edited it.

Grown On Man= Pasue?

• SLUMP AND GRIND 2 all the way. At least you guys are from the Bay and actually beat everyone else to the punch when you guys did S&G One.

Not trying to hate on the ignant mix, but dude isn't coming out with some "streets heat meets dj pyrotechnics on the technics" (read: on-point deejayking skills). Plus I heard he doesn't even get his grown on man or touch you dudes after the club.

To be fair, he is from Union City (I think), but now lives in SD.

And he did touch me after the club once, but it was consensual.

But thank you.

• SLUMP AND GRIND 2 all the way. At least you guys are from the Bay and actually beat everyone else to the punch when you guys did S&G One.

Not trying to hate on the ignant mix, but dude isn't coming out with some "streets heat meets dj pyrotechnics on the technics" (read: on-point deejayking skills). Plus I heard he doesn't even get his grown on man or touch you dudes after the club.

To be fair, he is from Union City

Damn hommie showing your out of town roots fo sho.

It's tha Une.

To be fair, he is from Union City (I think), but now lives in SD.

And he did touch me after the club once, but it was consensual.

But thank you.

deeeyum...where's that "moded" graemlin we ordered?

P.S.

HI ROSS!

It's tha Une.

And I suppose you refer to Antioch as "Tha Yoc."

It's tha Une.

And I suppose you refer to Antioch as "Tha Yoch[/b]."

You know it. What you know about the 'Stack?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    why do you guys keep trying to defend yourself and prove your points to this dookeystain? its fucking pointless.

I propose that all future responses to archaic be one word. like "HEY!", or "NEAT!", or "ASPARAGUS!"

It's tha Une.

And I suppose you refer to Antioch as "Tha Yoch[/b]."

You know it. What you know about the 'Stack?

but y'all know about The 'Mont (Belmont) and Madeo (san mateo).

*sniff*