do you like hyphie music?

Comments

• this thread is lame.

Showing his nasty

Ha! Did you catch the line where Clyde Carson says:

"Take you in the back/show you I'm faux_rillz"

• NIGGAZ & WHITE GIRLZ

someone please indulge me. what is this? and is it as cool as the description at the bottom makes it sound?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

why don't you go teach ignorant young males to be cheap wino misogynists or something?

maybe its because i have no idea whos in this pictures... but the "cheap wino misogynists" comment was kinda wack... other than that, ive had 4 beers since december and no hard liquor at all. on top of that, ive only had one glass of wine and one glass of champagne since then too.

so i be a wino no more... still is a harsh comment though.

J*st*n, i know you don't look like tom leykis, the dude pictured above. i was only fucking around. his m.o. is teaching young men to be misogynist, and he loves wine. no hard feelings

So you ain't feeling this or that-> get lost already.
    if this were the standard sentiment on here, you'd be talking to yourself about 40 shitty rap albums no one gives a hoot about except yourself.
    i am asking for suggestions on some rap trend i don't get.
    you got some real unnecessary aggression buddy. ease up.

on the other hand...
    this thread is lame

ok... then
    get lost already

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Let me rephrase then. I am so utterly tired/sick/disgusted with people who in the face of something so obviously exciting and promising think that they will earn hipster brownie points if only they broadcast to the heavens that in their minds what's happening is merely

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Let me rephrase then. I am so utterly tired/sick/disgusted with people who in the face of something so obviously exciting and promising think that they will earn hipster brownie points if only they broadcast to the heavens that in their minds what's happening is merely

err, you got that backwards. the way to earn hipster points is to champion it (albeit "ironically").

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

NIGGAZ & WHITE GIRLZ

someone please indulge me. what is this? and is it as cool as the description at the bottom makes it sound?

dont question it... JUST BUY IT.

JINX74 APPROVED!

mandrewdown- i know... i was just fucking with you too... when have i ever been sensitive to someone talking shit? i didnt know who was in the picture though... and i havent been drinking lately so no more drunken rampages through soulstrut anymore... just high ones.

you pulled my card. this was completely my intention. i wasn't at all trying to get some suggestions and perhaps even a real discussion going about the music.

You should know better than to turn to soulstrut to talk about music!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Mandrew - did you like the turf mp3 I posted?

• i like the hyphy music. im not a huge fan with a hyphy tshirt and a plaid hat with a H on it. but i like it. i like the slower tempo bay rap stuff more though. which i dont think is considered hyphy music. and i like that one song by conscious daughters. and i love the mid 90s e40 stuff. i listen to it a lot more now. not cuz its cool, cuz lets be realistic, so far its only cool to like a handful of "industry insiders" ( ), k-fed, and a blogdom of wannabes. no, i listen to it cuz it reminds me of home. like, on in a major way when there's that one interlude that's all "[robot voice]you have a collect call from[/robot voice] ay this yo potna mayne[/b]". that shit reminds me of home. or like when on car commercials i see 2 seconds and know theyre on market & battery, im all like "awwww" like when fat girls (or hcrink) sees puppies. i miss hearing the drawl. i miss that waft of stinky tofu stench off like clay. i miss shitty boomboxes in public places. i miss the sound of mahjong tiles being washed in the avenues. this bay rap helps me get to my happy place. you fucking bitches.

ps
    i love you

i was gonna say before the ruuuuude interruptions... i couldn't download it for some reason, sometimes rapidshare just doesn't work on my pc at work - i will have to wait til i get home. but THANKS for making a serious and positvie contribution haz

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

why is it so difficult for you to grasp the concept that some peoples tastes may not coincide with yours?

why is it so difficult for you to grasp the concept that some peoples tastes may not coincide with yours?

Because he is the son of god, dumbass.

i was gonna say before the ruuuuude interruptions... i couldn't download it for some reason, sometimes rapidshare just doesn't work on my pc at work - i will have to wait til i get home.

got it now. yeah i like some of it - a few of the verses and drums in particular.

• i miss that waft of stinky tofu stench from Star Diner at Kearny and Jackson[/b]

When we have winds out of the north, you can probably still smell that in LA.

• I'm on my fifth spin in a row of "Tell Me When To Go". The neighborhood kids don't know what to make of it...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Oh he gets it--what he struggles with is the relationship between the concepts of "right/wrong" and "opinion"...

Oh he gets it--what he struggles with is the relationship between the concepts of "right/wrong" and "opinion"...

Some of you may have noticed that I share this problem.

• i miss that waft of stinky tofu stench from Star Diner at Kearny and Jackson[/b]

When we have winds out of the north, you can probably still smell that in LA.

next time you come down here, we should eat. the breadth of ethnic foods down here is astounding. im the dj marco of ethnic food.

Once again I would like to point out that I was NOT one of the people begging to let Archaic come back, and in fact I celebrated his entire absence.

Once again I would like to point out that I was NOT one of the people begging to let Archaic come back, and in fact I celebrated his entire absence.

Archaic is one of the few people on this board with consistently interesting things to say.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

What I find difficult to grasp is why people think that their ill-informed negative opinions are so freakin important.

*cue hippy music*

The world is far too big for us to even waste our time accentuating the negatives when it comes to music that people are obviously eating up with a spoon.

And far too many are doing it nowadays (i.e. side-hating) as a means to gain some sort of social leverage, like...look at me, I'm above this lowly stuff that you love.

You don't like Superhyphy, then move on...the genre isn't for you.

My comment wasn't meant to pick on Mandrew specifically. I'm just tired of seeing so many "am I the only one not feeling hyphy" posts all over the internet.

I know that I'm SUPPOSED to view threads such as this one as completely innocent, but since when do I do the things that I'm supposed to do?

Pretentious critics who think it's everyone else's duty to convince them that something that has kids dancing wildly in the streets is a good thing rub me the wrong way.

That's all there is to it.

You want to learn more about something, just ask...what are some good hyphy tracks?

Stepping to the plate with a haughty attitude is completely unecessary and IMO it shouldn't be reinforced...especially when there are precedents of people like you, noz, who seemingly learn (read: feign interest) about this stuff just so you can ultimately shit on it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

well i think the difference is that you just humorously belittle people whos tastes differ from yours, while archaic assumes a malicious ulterior motive.

• why is it so difficult for you to grasp the concept that some peoples tastes may not coincide with yours?

What I find difficult to grasp is why people think that their ill-informed negative opinions are so freakin important.

*cue hippy music*

The world is far too big for us to even waste our time accentuating the negatives when it comes to music that people are obviously eating up with a spoon.

And far too many are doing it nowadays (i.e. side-hating) as a means to gain some sort of social leverage, like...look at me, I'm above this lowly stuff that you love.

You don't like Superhyphy, then move on...the genre isn't for you.

My comment wasn't meant to pick on Mandrew specifically. I'm just tired of seeing so many "am I the only one not feeling hyphy" posts all over the internet.

I know that I'm SUPPOSED to view threads such as this one as completely innocent, but since when do I do the things that I'm supposed to do?

Pretentious critics who think it's everyone else's duty to convince them that something that has kids dancing wildly in the streets is a good thing rub me the wrong way.

That's all there is to it.

You want to learn more about something, just ask...what are some good hyphy tracks?

Stepping to the plate with a haughty attitude is completely unecessary and IMO it shouldn't be reinforced...especially when there are precedents of people like you, noz, who seemingly learn (read: feign interest) about this stuff just so you can ultimately shit on it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Gotta give it up for this post.

I'm just tired of seeing so many "am I the only one not feeling hyphy" posts all over the internet.
    you've been spending way too much time at okayplayer

well i think the difference is that you just humorously belittle people whos tastes differ from yours, while archaic assumes a malicious ulterior motive.

Now don't go getting emotional just because Archaic pulled your skirt up and revealed you for the malicious inflitrator that you are:

especially when there are precedents of people like you, noz, who seemingly learn (read: feign interest) about this stuff just so you can ultimately shit on it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i think this is on par with the pretentious critics who try to forcably dictate taste and then personally attack those who disagree with them.

and where does your "side hating" of, let's say jay-z, a rapper who's pretty widely understood to be one of the best to ever do it but you continously hatt on, fit in to the equation? is it only taboo to speak ill of artist when they're unpopular?

you're absolutely right robert, i've feigned interest in rap music for more than half of my relatively short life for the sole reason of later turning my back on the genre to look cool in front of some internet nerds i've never met. i actually prefer to listen to jam bands. it's shocking at how well you're able to read me.

• Stepping to the plate with a haughty attitude is completely unecessary and IMO it shouldn't be reinforced...especially when there are precedents of people like you, noz,[/b] who seemingly learn (read: feign interest) about this stuff just so you can ultimately shit on it.

D'oh! Missed that part.

Archie, I really don't think that Nozzle falls into that category.