no seriously:

Heesheeee,
    Uhhhhh...blowticious,
    Skeevee [mmmmmm] delicious,
    Gimme coos coos love me good,
    Uhh damn,
    Hollis to Hollywood but is he good?,

c'mon that's the definition of flavor!

those are the exact lines that I thought were shitty. Blowticious? C'mon...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    in 8th grade, we had an assignment to recite the words/lyrics of any song in prose form...
    i did "housin", and got a C.

Did you read it in a Christopher Walken style? You shoulda read it in a Chris Walken style.

Brother got ... ill. Tried to um snatch ... the fat cable.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    definitely not - I thought that was

no seriously:

Heesheeee,
    Uhhhhh...blowticious,
    Uhh damn,

c'mon that's the definition of flavor!

Ditto. I thought L's verse on that song was terrible.

• definitely not - I thought that was

no seriously:

Heesheeee,
    Uhhhhh...blowticious,
    Uhh damn,

Differnt strokes...for me it's not what you say but how you say it. I have no idea what you might think are dope lyrics, but if you think that line's wack you probably have no time for EPMD.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

I wonder why they changed the name?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yes indeed.

There's nothing about that song that isn't fucking dope as hell.

I heard that (or read somewhere, maybe rap lists) LL refused to do the video so they hired a lookalike. please confirm or deny.
    I heard the same thing. I forgot why he didn't do the video in the first place.

I've heard that, too, but I have no idea if it's actually true or not. I don't know why he would refuse to do the video--that verse is one of the illest and rawest he ever kicked.

When that dropped, my homie had copped 3 songs from that session that LL and EPMD did together. Rampage was by far the best, but on the other joints LL rhymed circles around them.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yes indeed.

I heard that (or read somewhere, maybe rap lists) LL refused to do the video so they hired a lookalike. please confirm or deny.

I've heard that, too, but I have no idea if it's actually true or not. I don't know why he would refuse to do the video--that verse is one of the illest and rawest he ever kicked.

When that dropped, my homie had copped 3 songs from that session that LL and EPMD did together. Rampage was by far the best, but on the other joints LL rhymed circles around them.

Do you have audio?

Yes indeed.

Do you have audio?

I'll have to ask my boy. Shit iz on cassette, and its probably lost.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    Rampage (Pete Rock Remix??)

is this on the 12"? is it even a Pete Rock remix?

this flew under my radar.

• Rampage (Pete Rock Remix??)

is this on the 12"? is it even a Pete Rock remix?

this flew under my radar.

yes on both counts - that mix is the "Hardcore to the Head Mix" on the 12", and Pete Rock is listed with a remix/production credit for it.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Post deleted by MorseCode

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

no seriously:

Heesheeee,
    Uhhhhh...blowticious,
    Uhh damn,

Differnt strokes...for me it's not what you say but how you say it. I have no idea what you might think are dope lyrics, but if you think that line's wack you probably have no time for EPMD.

psshhh..please. That verse is garbage. Especially following Biggie's leadoff "Ni99as is mad I get more butt than ashtrays..."

• Yes indeed.

NOT TRUE AT ALL. At the time LL did another song for somebody (forget who) but was under contractual obligation to not appear in a video for something like six months after the other video dropped.

no seriously:

Heesheeee,
    Uhhhhh...blowticious,
    Uhh damn,

psshhh..please. That verse is garbage. Especially following Biggie's leadoff "Ni99as is mad I get more butt than ashtrays..."
    I totally disagree, LL verse is memorable as a mutha... When that shit bumped/bumps in the clubs, errrrybody yells LL's verse. Everybody rhymed sr8, but he went for the nonsensical shit which worked IMO.