Asiko "Take A Trip With" LP

spcspc 534 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I want to sell my copy and had a look on popsike. 660 $ was the highest bid, 285 the lowest. What do you think it's worth?

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I've watched some auctions last year. Most auctions ended up at 350 -400 USD. 660 is way too much. Must have been years ago. The last copy I've sent was sold for 330 or so.

How is that record? More modern or classic Funk? What instruments?

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I've watched some auctions last year. Most auctions ended up at 350 -400 USD. 660 is way too much. Must have been years ago. The last copy I've sent was sold for 330 or so.

It's ok, but I think it depends on your taste. I bought it on a fleamarket this weekend for 1 EURO so I hadn't really time to listen to it.
    Do you think it would be wiser to list in on ebay.co.uk or on ebay.com?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    co.uk, cause brits know that record better than people from the us. i think you'll get more on eBay.co.uk. the search function on eBay.com shows results from eBay.co.uk too, so you are able to reach uk as well as us customers

you found it at a flea market? who the f--k was selling it? i NEVER found any good records at flea markets. never ever...

a friend of mine told me that it's tough Funk. Rough sounding. But wasn't it recorded in the early 80s? Like 81? How is the sound? Is there an organ or keyboards? drums only or drums plus heavy african percussion? what's the sound?

• spcspc 534 Posts
    co.uk, cause brits know that record better than people from the us. i think you'll get more on eBay.co.uk. the search function on eBay.com shows results from eBay.co.uk too, so you are able to reach uk as well as us customers

you found it at a flea market? who the f--k was selling it? i NEVER found any good records at flea markets. never ever...

a friend of mine told me that it's tough Funk. Rough sounding. But wasn't it recorded in the early 80s? Like 81? How is the sound? Is there an organ or keyboards? drums only or drums plus heavy african percussion? what's the sound?
    I think it was late 70s. I can send you a copy on cd if you want.

• don't put it on ebay just yet, there might be dudes on the board who are happy to take it and pay the right price too...
    it really doesn't seem to turn up outside germany.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    don't put it on ebay just yet, there might be dudes on the board who are happy to take it and pay the right price too...
    it really doesn't seem to turn up outside germany.

I thought of "advertising" on some messageboards, but I think people might always try to do a bargain. Do you know some other sites besides funk45.com and vinylvulture where I could post this?

• i guess that's about it.

not everybody is out to make a bargain though...
    i remember a dude on this board posting a crazy find, i pm him the same day to ask if he might be selling it. i get a reply "sorry, it's on ebay already".
    7 days later it ends at $50 lower than i had been planning to offer. at that point i wasn't sniping high just because i had spent 500+ on records meanwhile.

• I thought of "advertising" on some messageboards, but I think people might always try to do a bargain.

god forbid.

you really did some pocket damage to yourself at that flea market anyway. definitely worth scraping tooth and nail to ge an extra $15 dollars out of that record.
    wheres that leo sayer gremlin?

• on some "tell me where to sell it plaese for maximum profit. but no i will not sell it to you"

and you didnt even listen to it yet???? all youre hearing is cash registers ringing.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    on some "tell me where to sell it plaese for maximum profit. but no i will not sell it to you"

and you didnt even listen to it yet???? all youre hearing is cash registers ringing.

What wrong with trying to get maximum profit? I didn't really listen to it because I've 5 exams in 3 weeks and have to work 4 days a week fulltime and go to lectures.
    All I'm hearing is bank account with around 3000 EUROs in debt.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

It's rough sounding funk, some of the tracks have an afroinfluence. I think these guys came from nigeria and recorded in munich. The lp also has an inlay...but imo, it is waaay overvalued. just two to three good tracks...for 1 euro it's perfect though. Listened to it twice in its entirety, but was not willing to pay 300 euro for it...that's just so wrong!

• also, if you're only auctioning asiko with no other similar titles to draw attention you will most likely only get $300 if even that.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    also, if you're only auctioning asiko with no other similar titles to draw attention you will most likely only get $300 if even that.

?

Do you mean If I don't have other valuable records on auction? Why is that?

• basically yes. not valuable necessarily, but any interesting records that get you "view seller's other items" hits

• spcspc 534 Posts
    basically yes. not valuable necessarily, but any interesting records that get you "view seller's other items" hits
    Then I'll have a hard time, the other stuff I'm about to sell is just some normal stuff, older german hiphop records, some common funk records and stuff like that.

• basically yes. not valuable necessarily, but any interesting records that get you "view seller's other items" hits
    Then I'll have a hard time, the other stuff I'm about to sell is just some normal stuff, older german hiphop records, some common funk records and stuff like that.

sorry to be off topic but german hip hop? dont you have a copy of Walking Endustries ep for me there?

/L

• spcspc 534 Posts
    basically yes. not valuable necessarily, but any interesting records that get you "view seller's other items" hits

sorry to be off topic but german hip hop? dont you have a copy of Walking Endustries ep for me there?

/L

No, sorry, only a few early yo mama funk/hiphop releases, the cookie monster ep, the john trunk ep (whitelabel/promo) and some other stuff I can't remember.
    Never heard of Walking Endustries.

• /L
    No, sorry, only a few early yo mama funk/hiphop releases, the cookie monster ep, the john trunk ep (whitelabel/promo) and some other stuff I can't remember.
    Never heard of Walking Endustries.
    Ok thanks anyhow

http://www.discogs.com/release/421215

• spc,

in that situation advertising on a couple of boards definitely makes sanse.

all i was trying to say was it might be a good idea to give people on those boards a few days to come up with offers. you just might get that 300 sooner than you think, you'd save the ebay fees and would make a strutter somewhere happy in the process.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Sorry bro, off topic, but i just had to say that your GhettoSoul mix is fucking ruling.

Nice one.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    spc,

in that situation advertising on a couple of boards definitely makes sanse.

all i was trying to say was it might be a good idea to give people on those boards a few days to come up with offers. you just might get that 300 sooner than you think, you'd save the ebay fees and would make a strutter somewhere happy in the process.

Yeah, I'm gonna take my time, that record shouldn't loose worth over a few days
    I've to make some photos, I don't want anyone to buy something and somehow be disapointed.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Sorry bro, off topic, but i just had to say that your GhettoSoul mix is fucking ruling.

Nice one.

Thanks

I'm gonna upload a high quality version tomorrow at work.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I now have made pictuers and graded the record and there is a post in the sales classified section.

• How is that record? More modern or classic Funk? What instruments?

It's rough sounding funk, some of the tracks have an afroinfluence. I think these guys came from nigeria and recorded in munich. The lp also has an inlay...but imo, it is waaay overvalued. just two to three good tracks...for 1 euro it's perfect though. Listened to it twice in its entirety, but was not willing to pay 300 euro for it...that's just so wrong!

They were Nigerian and based in Germany. It was produced by Gorilla Productions out of Miami and distributed from Lagos.

Price is more out of rarity...not solid but two really good cuts on it, Love & Peace and T.K.-Love.