impossible (?) electro question

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Once when I was a kid I was over at a friend's house, circa 1983 or 1984. There was an older kid who lived across the street who was playing a cassette mix of some electro joints on a boombox in his garage. There was one track (mostly instrumental) I thought was cool, but the only part I can remember is a vocoder dude saying "bappa de bap-bo, bappa de bap-bo." I know this clue sucks.I've listened to my fair share of electro joints trying to figure out this track, and I've never found it. I grew up in the burbs, so I know this isn't some deep track. The kid most likely bought the tape at Gemco: I'm beginning to think it was a hallucination. It's ridiculous I haven't uncovered this track by now.

Comments

• No clue but there's a message board at electroempire.com. Worth asking over there too.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    "bappa de bap-bo, bappa de bap-bo."

This description kinda reminded me of this....

Sorry i couldnt resist.

• My guess would be Man Parrish "Hip Hop Be Bop Don't Stop"

• you can scat "Soul Makossa" to that.

• The thing is, the vocoded voice might say something else, if it's electro from 1981-83 it's sometimes impossible to hear wtf they're saying, especially if the're from italy can someone please tell me the lyrics for these:

Gay Cat Park "i'm a vocoder"
    Laserdance "you and me"
    Cyber People "void vision"

/L