Where Rappers and Hipsters Collide

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
No, not soulstrut...COOLIOthe hipsters grease is rubbing off on tony, he needs that proactive solution! (sick jacket, though)ITS THECOBRANAKE!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    wow

• are those guys posing with Stretch midgets or does he just live up to his namesake

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    )

as a former nyer now living in l.A. - this one makes me shudder.....

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Where was this? or is it on the ?

• the hipsters grease is rubbing off on tony, he needs that proactive solution! (sick jacket, though)
    that can't be Cali. it's never cold enough out here to rock a thick leather joint on top of a hoodie indoors!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    are those guys posing with Stretch midgets or does he just live up to his namesake

i remember seeing him back in 97 at an instore gig at hmv djing for psycho les. i was with a dude from staten who was on stretch's jock alot. stretch just painted a sign for him and was holding it in his djbooth sayin' "brush your teeth"

who are these other dudes in the picture?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• hilarious.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

"Back UP guys, he's mine!"

• No, not soulstrut...

COOLIO

the fantastic voyage is ova ...

and one of the dudes with stretch is the son of...

• i didnt know Ari from HBO's Entourage was a ghostface fan?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

LA most definitley. Most likely Cinespace.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

and one of the dudes with stretch is the brother of...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

hilarious.

i love how that girl squeezes through...

• That picture is fucking hilarious.

Then you see the velvet rope and things get taken to that next level where you can't even breathe due to fits of complusive laughters.

• and one of the dudes with stretch is the brother of...

pass.

• i had to do an illustration of an "ironic hipster moustache" and cobrasnake.com was the first place i went for a reference photo. found what i was looking for in under 60 seconds.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

That's my boy Craig from Frank 151. I was hanging with him in Vegas last week. He is a very legit dude and by no means a hipster. NYC dude. He's good shit.

Steve is also good shit. He may run with a "hipster" crowd but he's pretty legit as well. He's on our flow program as well.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    [quote
    somebody NEEDS to make a graemlin out of the two front guys.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

That picture is fucking hilarious.

Then you see the velvet rope and things get taken to that next level where you can't even breathe due to fits of complusive laughters.

Man, I wish I lived some place where guys like this were sufficiently novel to seem funny...

DUDE! BLACK PEOPLE ON A STAGE! KILLER! I'm SO STOOOOOOOOKED, BRAH!

DUDE! BLACK PEOPLE ON A STAGE! KILLER! I'm SO STOOOOOOOOKED, BRAH!

is that a USC wristband? man dude is even more bitch than I gave him credit for.

• Maybe we should rename this thread "Where White Strutters Vent Their Self-Hatred."

Or derail it into a discussion of the following:

Does anyone ever self-identify as a hipster? It seems to have inherently negative connotations.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Maybe we should rename this thread "Where White Strutters Vent Their Self-Hatred."

This is true.

Does anyone ever self-identify as a hipster? It seems to have inherently negative connotations.

I'd like to hear what the definition of a "hipster" is. My take is that it's an aspiring "cool guy" who has nothing to back up his own "cool guy" image besides his method of dress.

Please help me understand.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

When were you in Alberta, Canada?

• I'd like to hear what the definition of a "hipster" is. My take is that it's an aspiring "cool guy" who has nothing to back up his own "cool guy" image besides his method of dress.

i think that sums it up perfectly.

that Aoki guy has such a fitting dj name as well...Kid Millionaire

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

I'd like to hear what the definition of a "hipster" is. My take is that it's an aspiring "cool guy" who has nothing to back up his own "cool guy" image besides his method of dress.

i think that sums it up perfectly.

that Aoki guy has such a fitting dj name as well...Kid Millionaire
    but i thought hipster was a synomnym for indie/emo kid, i.e. white belt, black jeans, tight striped shirt, old hc tats, hair dyed black... hipster has got to be the most loaded word out there, at this point it actually has no meaning, other than a negative connotation...

who's Aoki's dad again?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

who's Aoki's dad again?

I am.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

That's my boy Craig from Frank 151. I was hanging with him in Vegas last week. He is a very legit dude and by no means a hipster. NYC dude. He's good shit.

Steve is also good shit. He may run with a "hipster" crowd but he's pretty legit as well. He's on our flow program as well.

you know pall wall?