Options

Weekday finds Jan 30-FEb3

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    A**, what's that above the Sylvers LP? Also who's on that Frank Wright joint? Label? Never seen that one before. Awesome finds.

The Sylvers LP is #2. Not a super clean copy but i couldn't leave it laying behind. i also recently picked up Sylvers III.

The Frank Wright record is on Krona and from '82. I actually don't recognize the other players except for Richard Williams. I'm listening to it right now and it's quite good.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    You found something exciting on that Eddie and The Movements, K? Though the cover looks like it should be amazing, I thought that it sounded like a (bad) calypso record.

Alive & Kicking is the shit. That Eddie & The Movements really doesn't turn up much. Credits due to Kevin for mentioning that one to me a couple years back now......

if K.'s not slinging his copy right away, i've had a spare sitting around for a moment that's up for grabs.... but i don't mind waiting my turn.

K- who knew that muchos was pressed on 45 too? the artist certainly didn't.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Take good care of this one...

• A**, what's that above the Sylvers LP? Also who's on that Frank Wright joint? Label? Never seen that one before. Awesome finds.

The Sylvers LP is #2. Not a super clean copy but i couldn't leave it laying behind. i also recently picked up Sylvers III.

The Frank Wright record is on Krona and from '82. I actually don't recognize the other players except for Richard Williams. I'm listening to it right now and it's quite good.

I meant the b&w cover that was in the picture above the Sylvers LP...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    A**, what's that above the Sylvers LP? Also who's on that Frank Wright joint? Label? Never seen that one before. Awesome finds.

I meant the b&w cover that was in the picture above the Sylvers LP...

oh, sorry. i read "about sylvers" not "above sylvers".

ed moss on Viscosity. Private Cincinatti jazz lp, piano led, kind of a spiritual feel, interesting record. Very cool inner sleeve as well w/ nice shimmery silver drawings.

-ari

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

plus an argentinian psych raer: Cuero "Crecimiento". Cover is FAIR-, in fact, it's not even complete, so the guy at the record store gave me the "poor bastard, why are you buying this kind of shit?" look and gave it to me for free. YAY!

• Ari I just picked up that Paul Guma "New Sounds Over New Orleans" or whatever... haven't listened yet... any good?

• No. I dropped loot on ebay for it. Weird thing is, that dude from alaska PMed about trading his dupe a few days after I won the auction. Bad timing but it's all good, finally have the record.

the real question is are you as satisfied with it now that you have obtained it ?

• I also found a brazilian music site that sells reissue CDs of lots of the Som Livre Soap Opera Soundtracks from the early 70's. Its called the samba store.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Getting rid of the Guitar Ray by any chance?

i am... check yer PM

you lag returning phone calls, yet are on the trigger when selling 45's.

yeah i lag... i wont front... but money calls when my mom has two broken legs, my father is still recovering from a heart attack, my mother in law needed some extra cash for her trip to the phillipines due to her sister dying, my father in law having legal troubles, me not being able to leave the house for 2mths cause of my leg, rainy days and no flea markets, etc... thats where all my money has gone over the past two months. phone calls arent easy for me to make unless there are dollar signs attached to the other side.

no disrespect but my life is kinda fucked up right now. maybe its one of the reasons why i work and say no to a personal life.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    No. I dropped loot on ebay for it. Weird thing is, that dude from alaska PMed about trading his dupe a few days after I won the auction. Bad timing but it's all good, finally have the record.

the real question is are you as satisfied with it now that you have obtained it ?

Yes very satisfied, listening to it right now, its a beautiful record.

And Justin, hope things get better for you man, keep your head up.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

and

The Gospel Keynotes -- "Destiny" (Nashboro '75)

What's this like? I'm at work w/out turntable.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

This is ill.

K.

cosign... i think i copped mine from you years ago??

• Options
    Yep. I'm moving back downtown (well, East End where i like it) at Gerrard and Browadview. Hooked up a killer place.

You must come by.

Kevin.

P.S. Beilive you did buy that off me when i live on King street - place with the nice sundeck.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

...and so much more.....Dj from the good old USA....a mighty fine week it has been.

• Options
    Yessssir, Aaron!

K.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Dem sum mighty fyne hip-hop 12", tuneup.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    yaaaa...me feel mighty fortunate. Haven't found this much in the Rare Hip-Hop stuff all in one place in years....some good soul Lp's too...fuck even Ananda Shankar!

• Jeez you guys, you make me wanna play. maybe later.. here's a hint though, I was several levels beneath the earth and the only thing the guy wouldn't sell me was his autographed 13th floor elevators OG.

• Jeez you guys, you make me wanna play. maybe later.. here's a hint though, I was several levels beneath the earth and the only thing the guy wouldn't sell me was his autographed 13th floor elevators OG.

Yeah, I heard Satan is a big Roky Ericson fan. He also insists on looking everything up on Gemm before giving you a price.

• Ari I just picked up that Paul Guma "New Sounds Over New Orleans" or whatever... haven't listened yet... any good?

I like this record. Basically a hotel bar band but they're from New Orleans so they got the funk (somewhat). Nice cover of Hip-Hugger on there and one other good track as well.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Ari I just picked up that Paul Guma "New Sounds Over New Orleans" or whatever... haven't listened yet... any good?

I like this record. Basically a hotel bar band but they're from New Orleans so they got the funk (somewhat). Nice cover of Hip-Hugger on there and one other good track as well.

i like it too. The version of Black Fox is pretty cool... i more or less like any version of that tune. and i think there was a bossa tune.

lounge jazz/soul jazz but nice.

that's cool that you found one out your way.

i like it too. The version of Black Fox is pretty cool... i more or less like any version of that tune. and i think there was a bossa tune.

lounge jazz/soul jazz but nice.

that's cool that you found one out your way.

The guy toured a lot in his former band... and he had really diverse taste. Everything from Big Star to Miles Davis to Can to Scientist.

• and he had really diverse taste. Everything from Big Star to Miles Davis to Can to Scientist.

What percentage of posters no SS would that apply to? I'm guessing 80-90%, but then I may be underestimating the amount of people that would be out at "Big Star". Regardless, I'm sure as a record store owner, that's one of yr best scenarios. I'm hatin'.

• and he had really diverse taste. Everything from Big Star to Miles Davis to Can to Scientist.

What percentage of posters no SS would that apply to? I'm guessing 80-90%, but then I may be underestimating the amount of people that would be out at "Big Star". Regardless, I'm sure as a record store owner, that's one of yr best scenarios. I'm hatin'.

Well........ there are a lot of folks on this site and in the real world who are all ape shit over freako rock shit. There are also a lot of folks on this site and in the real world who don't know shit about rock unless it's got a break (if that) and if it doesn't have angry free jazz or funky afros or stupid dope gold chains or bongos, rice, and beans or a hot sessy chick holding a fender jaguar they ain't wit it.

But considering that I find funk, soul, jazz, and hip-hop fairly easy to find (within reason) finding a big rock stash was awesome and the reggae, jazz, etc was just a bonus.

Oh yeah there was a STONE MINT Babs and Ernie in the first crate I went through. I hear there's a break on it

• Options
    From a heavy session with fellow Toronto head:

Achuta

Ekoun

Wo Dek Kako

K in Canada.

• From a heavy session with fellow Toronto head:

K in Canada.

Heavy indeed! Second one to pop up in the last month. IS DAT VIERD?

• Options
    From a heavy session with fellow Toronto head:

K in Canada.

Heavy indeed! Second one to pop up in the last month. IS DAT VIERD?

My friend "dug" this while trolling through West Africa for 2 months contacting musicians/porducers/relatives he knows from the records he has.

K.

• Well, Frimpong being THAT DUDE in Ghana that couldn't have been too hard

Seriously, I hear it's hard as hell to find even out there.