Options

Weekday finds Jan 30-FEb3

Comments

• Options
    Don't know the Jackie unless it's under another name.

K.

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Looking for that 'Soul of the Bible', if it's a double.
    I too have a clean double of this....

Rez

• 1/26/2006 V/A Tropicalia
    1/26/2006 Duprat Tropicalia
    1/30/2006 Osmar Milito Nem Palito Nem Grevata
    1/29/2006 Arthur Verocai Rogerio Duprat A Proxdima
    1/29/2006 Osmar Milito Quarteto Forma
    1/29/2006 Osmar Milito Telenovela OST SSIG1018 BR
    1/29/2006 Osmar Milito Telenovela "Uma Rosa Com" SSIG1021 BR
    1/30/2006 Nonato Buzar
    1/31/2005 Carinhosa OST
    1/31/2005 Djalma Dias

• Thanks Johnny:
    Image hosting by Photobucket

Thanks ebay:

Thanks Jackson 5"
    Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Hit my "secret" Salvation Army spot, that I only get to every few months
    or so...they are extra on-point because it is in an urban area, so LP
    quality is substanially higher than those suburban SA's, and they still
    charge 3-for-a-dollar, which is of course the shit. Whole
    pile in the photo cost $5. Obviously the score is the Dizzy, which
    I have been seeking for a while now. Paying 30 cents for it only makes
    finding it that much sweeter.

These e-digs came yesterday - how strange that I got both Leaves albums
    on the same day from 2 different sellers on eBay, both for much cheaper
    than they usually go for? It's not like I just decided I wanted these last week and went looking for them -
    I've been after them both for a minute, and somehow
    landed them within hours of each other.
    The earlier one is a very satisfying LP, worth tracking down.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

What's up with the one on Capitol?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    What do you think of that 2nd Leaves? I really dig the 1st one, but could not get into the Capitol one when I had it.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Getting rid of the Guitar Ray by any chance?

i am... check yer PM

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    guitar ray will be for sale.
    in the meantime, i spin it at least once a day because it makes life that much better. what a tune.

no offense, but i would prefer answering questions or having a conversation about the music contained on the records rather than how much i spent on them. seems more exciting and relevent to me.

the willie tee 45 was pulled from a desk drawer that showed signs of having weathered the storm. i imagine the flea market dealer found the drawer or bought it from someone who found it laying in front of a previously flooded home. in a way, i felt pretty sad flipping through that lot of records. it's kind of hard to imagine too many "Teasing You Again" 45's still in existence.

don't be sad marco. i never meant to force such melancholy upon you by displaying photos of records.

here's some of the lp's i bought during the trip that i thought were cool.

What do you think of that 2nd Leaves? I really dig the 1st one, but could not get into the Capitol one when I had it.

I like about 1/2 of it. There are a couple of really good
    folky garage songs like the first one, and that instrumental
    is the shit. I will admit that a few tracks
    on there that are almost unlistenable. Still, I copped it
    for under $15 and it's a real nice copy, so I'm happy.
    I did expect better, though

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Getting rid of the Guitar Ray by any chance?

i am... check yer PM

you lag returning phone calls, yet are on the trigger when selling 45's.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I like about 1/2 of it. There are a couple of really good
    folky garage songs like the first one, and that instrumental
    is the shit. I will admit that a few tracks
    on there that are almost unlistenable. Still, I copped it
    for under $15 and it's a real nice copy, so I'm happy.
    I did expect better, though

yeah, I think I judged it harshly cause the first one is so good.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Damn dude.

Now find me the 45 on rampart immediately!

• Wow hey it's that polyphony LP... it's kinda proggy and goofy, but I found a grip of sealed ones when I first moved down here. Maybe $100-125? One of the only things I can legitimately say I've found "in quantity" and "in the field".

And that other southern U!!! hahaha

• today

Ugly Custard s/t
    Megaton s/t
    Elias Hulk "Unchained"

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Wow hey it's that polyphony LP... it's kinda proggy and goofy, but I found a grip of sealed ones when I first moved down here. Maybe $100-125? One of the only things I can legitimately say I've found "in quantity" and "in the field".

And that other southern U!!! hahaha

hey andrew... delete some of your PMs, tried sending you a message yesterday and it bounced back.

polyphony is not my thing either. but apparently prog guys dig it, it was reissued it seems, and has gone as high as $200 or so according to a buddy of mine who knew it. that's cool that you found some quantity on it. I'm guessing all gone now?

i looked high and low for the Southern U records while back in Louisiana and the best i could come up with was a copy w/ no cover but better than nothing.

i highly doubt i'll find a tavasco 45 there, breakself. but you'll be the first to know.

• guitar ray will be for sale.
    in the meantime, i spin it at least once a day because it makes life that much better. what a tune.

no offense, but i would prefer answering questions or having a conversation about the music contained on the records rather than how much i spent on them. seems more exciting and relevent to me.

the willie tee 45 was pulled from a desk drawer that showed signs of having weathered the storm. i imagine the flea market dealer found the drawer or bought it from someone who found it laying in front of a previously flooded home. in a way, i felt pretty sad flipping through that lot of records. it's kind of hard to imagine too many "Teasing You Again" 45's still in existence.

don't be sad marco. i never meant to force such melancholy upon you by displaying photos of records.

here's some of the lp's i bought during the trip that i thought were cool.

Glad to hear yr trip was a good one A**. I'll holla sometime before the Show to see what's new and good.

I enjoyed yr words re: yr return to N.O. in one of yr prior posts. Dunno if I can get it together enough to go for Mardi Gras, might try to make Jazz Fest though. At least the Saints will play in the Dome again next year.

• I got a copy of that "A Nation Is Born" Bahamas compilation yesterday. Couple cool funk songs on it. Does anyone know if it's worth anything?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I got a copy of that "A Nation Is Born" Bahamas compilation yesterday. Couple cool funk songs on it. Does anyone know if it's worth anything?

$40 - $50 unless times have changed.

• I got a copy of that "A Nation Is Born" Bahamas compilation yesterday. Couple cool funk songs on it. Does anyone know if it's worth anything?

Awesome, thanks A*i! By the way, you had some mind melting finds although I hear you on the bittersweet nature of the search.

• A**, what's that above the Sylvers LP? Also who's on that Frank Wright joint? Label? Never seen that one before. Awesome finds.

Maybe times have changed.... was looking for a while on ebay and kept getting larger coin (150, really! huh?). Did get one off a set sale list for cheap tho, so who knows? Cool LP in any case, love the biosis.

Oh and I'll go delete some PMs... sorry man...just email me real style

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    today

Ugly Custard s/t
    Megaton s/t
    Elias Hulk "Unchained"

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    sx2 45 adapters

on ebay for 25 bux

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Got a grail of mine in the mail yesterday, Windflower, great hippie folk/psych lp outta Alaska. Also got a few Horace Tapscott lp's on Nimbus and DJ Day's dope 12 inch (no homo) Oh and a dupe of that Black Fist ost.

Did you finally get one from the guy in Alaska that was posting here??

That shit was like a year ago!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    No. I dropped loot on ebay for it. Weird thing is, that dude from alaska PMed about trading his dupe a few days after I won the auction. Bad timing but it's all good, finally have the record.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

And these in the real world:

• Options

K in Canada.

• You found something exciting on that Eddie and The Movements, K? Though the cover looks like it should be amazing, I thought that it sounded like a (bad) calypso record.