Shadow & Automator "Bombay the Hard Way" Vinyl??

flatsolflatsol 3 Posts
edited January 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Pressed on Motel Records (NYC). Does anyone know where I can find the vinyl? Or Adrian Milan might be able to help me.Thanks all, just joined; good to see a site like this.Any Waxpoetics heads in here?w

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Adrian is a poster here and a Los angeles resident now. I don't think he had spares of the Bombay the Hard Way LP.

As far as Wax Poetics there are several people on this site who have written/ write for Wax Poetics.

you've found a home

• Pressed on Motel Records (NYC). Does anyone know where I can find the vinyl? Or Adrian Milan might be able to help me.

Thanks all, just joined; good to see a site like this.

Any Waxpoetics heads in here?

w

If you're still looking for this I have a copy I can part with. Just PM me an offer.

• Did Shadow have anything to do w/ BtHW?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Did Shadow have anything to do w/ BtHW?

yes, he produced one[/b] of the songs, but isnt credited as DJ Shadow (it was supposed to be on the hush), but as soon as people read the liner notes and noticed that J.Davis was in writing credits it was all over. "Bombay the Hardway feat. DJ Shadow! blah blah blah..." which of course was what the label did not want (...or maybe not, who knows).

What I want to know is how many were pressed on black vinyl and how many on gold? I've only seen gold, but that was supposed to be the limited version.

Anyway, check sandboxautomatic, they used to have a grip a few years ago.

• Anyway, check sandboxautomatic, they used to have a grip a few years ago.

yeah that's the last place i knew of that even had any, and I slept so hard on that I'm still having REM nightmares about not clicking 'order.' they got rid of stock about 2 years ago.

I hit up the Sandbox heads and they actually referred me here. So there we go. Hopefully Kidinquisitive can hook it up. I'm not tryin to go all highest bidder on it though.

Actually it was the Wax Poetics online article with Automator that made me go looking again.

peace
    W

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I just sold one on the bay for like $26.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I had an orange vinyl one that I had to give back to its rightful owner.

Did Bombay 2 ever get a vinyl press? I've only seen it on CD.

What's Adrian, the guy from Motel Record's, screen name?

• I think Iron Monkey is the man...

But, I may be wrong, I've never met him, I just read here...

• Hey, what's up y'all....

I'm Adrian. The BTHW vinyl has been out of print for like 4 years now. The label folded shortly after my exit and any existing copies are occasionally found on eBay. I have one gold and one black vinyl copy of the 1st one and only one copy of the vinyl for part 2. Shadow did beats for a couple of tracks on there if I remember correctly and was real pissed when the press started mentioning his involvement in the project. Apparently, it created a conflict with Mo-Wax to have their artist doing side-work without the label cashing in. Whatever, a little trivia for you guys.

Glad the records still hold up and are somewhat in demand. Those were my first projects.

Hmmm... wonder if the test pressings are worth any loot.

so remember

iron monkey = adrian milan

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    What's going on man?

Shame that Motel Records went under. How come you left the label?

I remember getting a pretty cool library music compilation of the label as well as the Gary Wilson record.