mf grimm disses mf doom (mp3 inside)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
MF Grimm - The Book of DanielFrom the St. Louis homey DJ Crucial's upcoming album. Nasty. Slightly awkward. Grimm sounds kind of like Cormega. "I brought you groceries."

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    What is this over now? I thought they squashed whatever they had a year or so back.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Grimm sounds kind of like Cormega. "I brought you groceries."
    So, Grimm had a baby and became a sensitive thug?

Why is he dissing doom again? I thought they "squashed" that beef a while ago? I'm out of the loop, plaese to be informed.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    m.f. grimm is ill.

Isnt that jet jaguar?

Doom is kinda weak now though. Doomsday is still by far the best thing he did.

• My man hipped me to this song earlier in the day. It's funny because this is probably the best thing Grimm has done in a long time (see; recording vocals in a studio). However, I think it's a bit unprofessional of him. I mean, dude's supposedly trying to run a company and all -- I definitely don't see this benefiting him in the end.

Also, I think openly dissing someone with as big a cult following as Doom has is never a good look. Even if there's some truth to what Grimm is saying, people will just dismiss it as jealousy.

this song is depressing though. jeez.

Come to think of it alot of mf grimm shit is pretty depressing.

My man hipped me to this song earlier in the day. It's funny because this is probably the best thing Grimm has done in a long time (see; recording vocals in a studio). However, I think it's a bit unprofessional of him. I mean, dude's supposedly trying to run Day By Day Entertainment and all -- I definitely don't see this benefiting the company in the end.

Also, I think openly dissing someone with as big a cult following as Doom has is never a good look. Even if there's some truth to what Grimm is saying, people will just dismiss it as jealousy.

Isnt dude in a wheelchair though? I remember some interview where he was in a wheelchair in prison. Go easy on the guy.

Can somebody upload "Scars and Memories"? I havent heard that shit in a minute. Thats like the ultimate depressing mf grimm song.

• Isnt dude in a wheelchair though? I remember some interview where he was in a wheelchair in prison. Go easy on the guy.

I wasn't saying anything personal on dude. And yes, he is in a wheelchair. Got shot during a drug deal if I remember correctly... Don't expect me to "go easy" on him for that though.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Can somebody upload "Scars and Memories"? I havent heard that shit in a minute. Thats like the ultimate depressing mf grimm song.
    Totally. And just a really great song. Should be easy to find with any P2P.

Isnt dude in a wheelchair though? I remember some interview where he was in a wheelchair in prison. Go easy on the guy.

I wasn't saying anything personal on dude. And yes, he is in a wheelchair. Got shot during a drug deal if I remember correctly... Don't expect me to "go easy" on him for that though.

I just always think of that dude on OZ, wheelchair time in prison cant be that fun.

But i was kinda kidding about the go easy on him part. It is kinda depressing though.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

no no drug deal... He was on his way to sign his deal with I think his brother. He came out the barber shop, jumped in the car, and the car was lit up... got shot 11 times and I think was declared dead. Got nothin but respect for Grimm as a person, but his music is ehhh. Some of the verses he kicks are dope, but his production is seriously lacking.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

he's definitly not one of those happy cripples

• I just always think of that dude on OZ, wheelchair time in prison cant be that fun.

Yeah... But think about it -- isn't sitting down the safest position to be in when showering in prison?

• he's definitly not one of those happy cripples

I literally just laughed out loud at this...

Fucking Guzzo...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

this reminds me of that episode of Southpark with Timmy and Jimmy recreating the fight seen from "They Live"

• doom dissed him on doomsday... subliminals!

Good thing Grimm called him on it when it's still fresh in everyone's minds.

• doom dissed him on dangerdoom... subliminals!

Ah, yes... That makes more sense.

• doom will reply with 4 lps and 6 instrumental lps next month..

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA, too funny,

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Doomsday is still by far the best thing he did.

IMHO, best lp of the whole late nineties NY underground scene, maybe best "underground" lp ever. For Doom, i was also feeling Madvillian, but beats on Dangerdoom were very hit or miss. Anyone feel like cooking up a Linda Richmond "discuss" graemlin?

• Got nothin but respect for Grimm as a person, but his music is ehhh. Some of the verses he kicks are dope, but his production is seriously lacking.

cosign.

but I heard he was no longer in a wheelchair.

• Doom is kinda weak now though.

man y'all amaze me sometime.

we have threads dedicated to Kwame and people are saying Doom is weak?

Dude made two of the dopest hip-hop albums ever with KMD.

And then came back out of nowhere with a string of pretty dope LPs: Doomsday being the best, of course. But the first Vik Vaughn? Tight as hell. The second one? Also fresh. King Geddorah was pretty dope, too. And I like Madvillainy. That's a pretty solid body of work right there. Dangerdoom and MM Food may not have been the tightest, but come on now.

Weak?

Not by a long shot.

Doom is kinda weak now though.

And then came back out of nowhere with a string of pretty dope LPs: Doomsday being the best, of course. But the first Vik Vaughn? Tight as hell. The second one? Also fresh. King Geddorah was pretty dope, too. And I like Madvillainy. That's a pretty solid body of work right there. Dangerdoom and MM Food may not have been the tightest, but come on now.

Weak?

Not by a long shot.

fake ass cosmo.

• Doom is kinda weak now though.

Weak?

Not by a long shot.

fake ass cosmo.

Hopefully!!! Then i will have enough rap music to listen to a couple of months, i really really like all kinds of rap but since i started to listen to Doom some years ago i really must say a lot of other stuff sounds bleak in comparison..

MF Doom

/L

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    i really really like all kinds of rap but since i started to listen to Doom some years ago i really must say a lot of other stuff sounds bleak in comparison..

As "unique" as Doom's style is, don't you find it a bit tedious to listen to chopped 80's moder soul loops and disjointed beats+cartoon... ahh nevermind. To each his own.

• i really really like all kinds of rap but since i started to listen to Doom some years ago i really must say a lot of other stuff sounds bleak in comparison..

As "unique" as Doom's style is, don't you find it a bit tedious to listen to chopped 80's moder soul loops and disjointed beats+cartoon... ahh nevermind. To each his own.

I can see the point but rap in all can sometimes get tiresome, lot of imagery and showing off, then i at least feels it's honest to show just how big a nerd he is, also i think he is growing still as an mc but maybe thats just me...

But of course, some of the stuff he's done just feels like water-o-the-mill of his own stuff, like the latest "special herbs" , that was kinda weak but then "dangerdoom" came and was mind blowing, i really enjoyd "crosshairs" and "space hos" off that one a lot.

/L

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

I havn't heard anything Grimm has done since he got out of prison but this record was vary dope iMO!