chocolate star ep question...

spivyspivy 866 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
re-issue matrix #'s needed...please help!!!

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    anyone?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Pretty sure most of us have never even SEEN an original of this...

• *****minuteman,

I thought you had gotten to the bottom of this mystery.

By the way, Mojo is closing.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the reissue matrix numbers do not have "CS" in them, where the OG's do. If the issue is still unresolved by then, I'll check as soon as I get home (no Babyface).

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i heard they are closing for good too...march right? so sad! you have the chocolate star re-ish right? i just need the matrix #'s at the run out grooves. how's b*st*n? any records? tell rob t. i say hello.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the reissue matrix numbers do not have "CS" in them, where the OG's do. If the issue is still unresolved by then, I'll check as soon as I get home (no Babyface).
    thanks man!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Also, the OG has a pronounced ridge (sharp enough that, in most of the copies I've seen, some black shows through) that runs the circumfrence of the label about 3/4" in from the outer edge. In the resissue, the pronounced ridge is the smaller one, closer to the spindle hole.

But that's all kinda abstract. I'll check those numbers later.

• OG: CS 1554 A/ CS 1554 B
    Reissue: SH 002 A/ SH 002 B

Hope that helps, B***t.
    BTW, get at me about the guy who has the thing that I was talking to you about before.
    Peace,
    -Mao

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    THANK YOU!!!! you made my week...i was positve mine was the real deal. you are a true gentleman.

• RezRez 164 Posts
    i heard they are closing for good too...march right? so sad! you have the chocolate star re-ish right? i just need the matrix #'s at the run out grooves. how's b*st*n? any records? tell rob t. i say hello.

Ask Jabra - he pressed em up, right?

Good look...not!

Rez

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    what?