Looking Nice!

silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Nice to see soulstrut updated the look for my B-Day. Rares and Titties welcome.

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Looking good on the Soulstrut refit and you did it on time, too...nice work!

And happy B-day to you Silvertone..

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I gotta say that the new look is a bit of a shock. I not only miss the orange but feel like I'm color blind and am missing something with all the white space.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i like the new style

feels less crowded

props

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i like the new style

feels less crowded

props

TROOOO
    BUT I'M KIND OF CONFWUUZED. I'M GOING TO WRITE A DIARY ENTRY.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I like the fact that unlike most message boards when they redesign, we don't have to start all over again - the archives and the old post counts are still intact.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

New look is NEXT LEVEL!!!

• It looks really good. The Houston for dummies banner looks more misplaced then ever though.

Good job Raj!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    very pretty...

oh yeah bapt, I'm sendin' your rekkid tommorow.

peace.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    i like green

have a good one, (or two), Silvertone

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

The perfect mix of new & old! Congratulations to Raj & to the continued growth & success of this little corner of the web!

Peace

hova

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    love the new look and happy birthday six2!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Happy birthday, Six2.

I'm sending Marco over to your place 2 give you a sloppy birthday kiss!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    very pretty...

oh yeah bapt, I'm sendin' your rekkid tommorow.

peace.

WORD!!! I was waiting for...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Humm... GRAEMLINS don't work... is it normal?

I'm the mighty graemlin collectro!!!! yo!

• Overall I think it looks good and I'll get used to the lack of orange... However, a couple things I've noticed right off the bat:

1. On the old one it listed the number of new posts to a thread in parentheses next to the reply post count. Not a necessary thing but just something I liked and was used to.

2. There's no more "Mark all read" link at the top of the page to mark all the threads as read. I always hit that after I was done reading so I'd have a fresh tally next time I came back.

[Edit]

Also just noticed that when I enter a post and the "Preview my post" checkbox is checked, on the next screen there's a button that's supposed to say "Continue", but instead it's without text and is just a little grey square. That might be a bit confusing for people who haven't posted hundreds of times before. I dunno if that's specific to this particular skin or what, just figured I'd mention it.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I used to like the new posts in parentheses as well. I've noticed that the days of super-detailed locations may no longer be with us. Or, at least, the effect of them's been lost. Otherwise, though, it's good that the old place has had a fresh lick of paint.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Okay, I like the new design as well, but one small thing...

The subject header is light-blue-on-beige and very unreadable. Matter of fact, I thought it was a blank space till I looked closer. Hope we can fix that. Otherwise, like that Magic Sam song, the new SS is "Looking Good."

• Options
    Happy Birthday, Rob!

Site looks fresh.

Kevin.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I've noticed that the days of super-detailed locations may no longer be with us.

Damn!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

1. On the old one it listed the number of new posts to a thread in parentheses next to the reply post count. Not a necessary thing but just something I liked and was used to.

agreed

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    site is looking dope

happy bornday six!

• Thanks Homies.
    Woke up with the nasty hangover and pentagrams drawn on my hands.
    I hope I didn't sacrifice my dignity last night.
    Booo Hiiisssss.

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    Nice revamp. Still getting used to it but I likes.

• Change is always good, even if it might be only cosmetic. Nice work Raj!