Best Followers Of Their Father's Footprints

2»

Comments

• Good call.

Lee Andrews/?uestlove
    Ravi has another daughter that plays sitar as well Anoushka, I think she's pretty famous in 'world music' circles.

Also that Lee Andrews->Questlove thing can be a triple because ?'s grandfather was in the Dixie Hummingbirds for years.

I'm pretty sure that is Anoushka in the pic. Did you think it was Norah Jones???

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    George W. Bush

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    nas' father, olu dara is an avant-garde jazz trumpeter.

they both only made one good album, so this is a good example.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Damian Marley

Ananda Shankar

Zak Starkey

Bridgette Fonda[/b]

I think Anandar Shankar is his nephew...I used to know Zak years ago and he was a promising drummer but a hopeless fuck up but I take it from your post that he's come good?

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    nas' father, olu dara, was once an avant-garde jazz trumpeter but currently makes tepid country blues albums

Yea and Nas is always talking about growing up in the hood. You think his dad could of sent a check home once in awhile....???

...'coz you really think being an avant-garde jazz trumpeter made him rich ???

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    I used to know Zak years ago and he was a promising drummer but a hopeless fuck up but I take it from your post that he's come good?

dude was in the Who and is now the drumemr for Oasis so yes he's come up good.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    nas' father, olu dara, was once an avant-garde jazz trumpeter but currently makes tepid country blues albums

Yea and Nas is always talking about growing up in the hood. You think his dad could of sent a check home once in awhile....???

he dresses nice

• nas' father, olu dara, was once an avant-garde jazz trumpeter but currently makes tepid country blues albums

he dresses nice

Nas tells the whole story on that song "Poppa Was a Playa" off the Lost Tapes. Also features nice production from Kanye back when he used to ghost produce for D-Dot.

• Jerry Stiller and Ben Stiller

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

• plumbers, & artists.