ORGANIZED NOIZE

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I was listening to the "Waterfalls" twelve-inch and they were nice on the remix. Not the mention the original, and of course their work with the kast and goodie mob is absolute classic shit. live hip hop instrumentation at it's finest.respect.

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    "Still Smokin"

and Lil Will's "lookin for Nikki" is one of my favority joints ever (y'all ain't ready).

• Do people see that Sleepy's Theme record around much or is it as they say ? I heard that the CD sells for loot in UK. Is it also true that there is no vinyl version outside of the "Still Smoking" 12" and the UK boot EP?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i've only seen that single on CD so i am kinda thinkin' you're right about no 12" existing for that single.

and i rarely came across many of the albums either, so i wouldn't be surprised if they go for loot, even here in the states.

• No, you got me wrong. The "Still Smoking" 12" exists(I haaave it). I was wondering about the whole album.

• i like them waaaay more than organized cornfusion.

• Oh, and that "Private Party" joint off Sleepy??s Theme is some seriously genious original music.

• that old "family stand" material aged poorly.

• On a qusi-related note, I only ever see a cd single for Youngbloodz f/ Big Boi- 85 South. Be there a 12"? Would you tap?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    No, you got me wrong. The "Still Smoking" 12" exists(I haaave it). I was wondering about the whole album.

I find these all the time, I just wish they were valuable. I have prolly about 7 or 8.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    No, you got me wrong. The "Still Smoking" 12" exists(I haaave it). I was wondering about the whole album.

I find these all the time, I just wish they were valuable. I have prolly about 7 or 8 4 or 5.

i'll gladly take the extras off your hands...

check your pmz.

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    On a qusi-related note, I only ever see a cd single for Youngbloodz f/ Big Boi- 85 South. Be there a 12"? Would you tap?

Yes I'd tap. I'm on the lookout for the 12" also.

• ElexElex 22 Posts
    I see "85" and those Lil' Will "Nikki..." 12"s a lot lately. I've been snatching them up. Can't part with the "85"s but I got the others if you need one. Just picked up a Witchdoctor 12" too. Anybody have the joint they did for the Set It Off soundtrack? I'd like to get that "Still Smokin'" and even "I Can't Wait", haven't seen it in shops up here. Might have to resort to the computer. Nooooooooo! NotDigitalDiggin'!

On a qusi-related note, I only ever see a cd single for Youngbloodz f/ Big Boi- 85 South. Be there a 12"? Would you tap?

Yes I'd tap. I'm on the lookout for the 12" also.

The best cut YB EVAR! There is a 12", you can find it in 300 yen bins all over Japan.

• Along with all the 213- "Fly" and DJ Quick- "Trouble" 12"s, I'd assume.

Along with all the 213- "Fly" and DJ Quick- "Trouble" 12"s, I'd assume.

I doubt it. There's a HUGE contingent of Japanese that are on some west coast G shit.

The entire country seems to be almost entirely against southern hip hop. There's some, like writer Takakosta Rodriguez, but they're few and far between.

I live in Houston, but never found UGK's Tell me something good on Big Boy until I found it for 200 yen in a throwaway bin in Shibuya. Times have changed since then, but not by much. You still see good southern records for cheap all over the place.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Damn, I thought they were 'bout it

Whenever you search for some obscure NOLA gangsta CD from the 90s its mostly Japanese sites that pop up...

And I had just assumed that when someone spends $300 on a Trae 12" its going to Jpn

• Along with all the 213- "Fly" and DJ Quick- "Trouble" 12"s, I'd assume.

I doubt it. There's a HUGE contingent of Japanese that are on some west coast G shit.

The entire country seems to be almost entirely against southern hip hop. There's some, like writer Takakosta Rodriguez, but they're few and far between.

I live in Houston, but never found UGK's Tell me something good on Big Boy until I found it for 200 yen in a throwaway bin in Shibuya. Times have changed since then, but not by much. You still see good southern records for cheap all over the place.

Yeah, I mentioned those two 12"s cuz when they dropped they were available for a very short amount of time, and then you could only find them on ebay in auctions that ended with Japanese bidders. But I guess that wouldn't really lend to them popping up in bargain bins.

It's great that there is southern heat laying around bins right now. It will just be that much more fun for folks over there to get their cheap digs on once the shit catches on in a year or two.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

12" definately exists we sold a few of them i think for maybe $5 each.

Damn, I thought they were 'bout it

Whenever you search for some obscure NOLA gangsta CD from the 90s its mostly Japanese sites that pop up...

And I had just assumed that when someone spends $300 on a Trae 12" its going to Jpn

There are a few hardcore collectors here and there. Klass C's "what money making hood is that?" is a want of a few Japanese collectors that I've had contact with. It's a collector culture.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

one of my all-time favorite hip-hop albums....

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Here's my infamous/sad Organized Noize story. The story takes on more life at a bar when I'm drunk, but here goes.

It was 1998 and I was DJing fortnightly Wednesdays at MJQ. It was called The Zoom Room and I was paired with local Britpop/TRON phenom, D:Rez (It's Deresolution, baby!). I'm spinning soul 45s, gettin' it, doin' my thing y'know? I wish I could say it was a packed room. But even then, hardly anyone showed up at MJQ before midnight. So in walks this man with two gorgeous women - one on each arm of course. Heads start noddin' and then the strangest thing happens. Money starts falling from the sky. Well, almost. That cool long green is coming over the partition of the DJ booth from somewhere.

Eventually, the man with two women steps up to the DJ booth. We chat for a bit, I miss a song queue (par for the course) and after a few minutes he introduces himself as a producer working with Organized Noize. Maybe you've heard "Waterfalls" by TLC? No? Maybe you know an underground hip hop group called Outkast? Anyway....I pull a card out of my wallet and he writes his info down. Why exactly, I don't remember now. But he was extremely nice, and he threw money at me. Let's be real for a moment, he didn't throw THAT much at me. Maybe I went home with 8 or 9 dollars more than usual, but....

The next morning I wake up, and as I'm putting records away after work I look at the number of Sleepy Brown (see attachment). As fate would have it, I got a chip on my shoulder and thought that he probably only wanted access to my records for sample material. I never called him. It could be that my hunch was right. But it could also have been that Sleepy heard me playing some 45s which he really dug, and he thought I'd be a good person to get to know for our shared tastes in music. Maybe he wanted me to DJ a party (yeah, right!) or hustle me at pool. Who the hell knows? I really should have called and now I'll never know. I rationalize my poor judgement by saying that I know a lot more about music and records now than I did then, and that he'd be a lot more impressed if he heard me DJ today. But that probably won't happen either.

Moral: Don't let it pass you by, my friends.

• :rivited:

Am I the only one on this board that cuts for "in due time"?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

i ride for that song....so fresh.

video kills me too. dre doing the "chariots of fire" theme song.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Here's my infamous/sad Organized Noize story. The story takes on more life at a bar when I'm drunk, but here goes.

It was 1998 and I was DJing fortnightly Wednesdays at MJQ. It was called The Zoom Room and I was paired with local Britpop/TRON phenom, D:Rez (It's Deresolution, baby!). I'm spinning soul 45s, gettin' it, doin' my thing y'know? I wish I could say it was a packed room. But even then, hardly anyone showed up at MJQ before midnight. So in walks this man with two gorgeous women - one on each arm of course. Heads start noddin' and then the strangest thing happens. Money starts falling from the sky. Well, almost. That cool long green is coming over the partition of the DJ booth from somewhere.

Eventually, the man with two women steps up to the DJ booth. We chat for a bit, I miss a song queue (par for the course) and after a few minutes he introduces himself as a producer working with Organized Noize. Maybe you've heard "Waterfalls" by TLC? No? Maybe you know an underground hip hop group called Outkast? Anyway....I pull a card out of my wallet and he writes his info down. Why exactly, I don't remember now. But he was extremely nice, and he threw money at me. Let's be real for a moment, he didn't throw THAT much at me. Maybe I went home with 8 or 9 dollars more than usual, but....

The next morning I wake up, and as I'm putting records away after work I look at the number of Sleepy Brown (see attachment). As fate would have it, I got a chip on my shoulder and thought that he probably only wanted access to my records for sample material. I never called him. It could be that my hunch was right. But it could also have been that Sleepy heard me playing some 45s which he really dug, and he thought I'd be a good person to get to know for our shared tastes in music. Maybe he wanted me to DJ a party (yeah, right!) or hustle me at pool. Who the hell knows? I really should have called and now I'll never know. I rationalize my poor judgement by saying that I know a lot more about music and records now than I did then, and that he'd be a lot more impressed if he heard me DJ today. But that probably won't happen either.

wow.

i ride for that song....so fresh.

video kills me too. dre doing the "chariots of fire" theme song.

I can get you one of those Still Smokin 12"... Bids/trades open.

holla at it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

wow.

You know Sleepy Brown's father was the lead singer of Brick, right?

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

You know Sleepy Brown's father was the lead singer of Brick, right?

Actually, I didn't know that. But in a related story, I was researching a 70s soul record from GA and found a member who turns out to be the uncle of Farnsworth Bentley. Uncle was all "I don't play anymore, but this nephew of mine is really doing some big things!" I'm sarcastically thinking Ah, this should be interesting and ask "Oh really? What's his name?" I nearly dropped the phone when he told me. "Yeah, I've heard of that guy!" I don't expect I'll ever know that guy in real life either.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

I find these all the time, I just wish they were valuable. I have prolly about 7 or 8 4 or 5.

i'll gladly take the extras off your hands...

check your pmz.

there are two at the crib, dog.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    janelle monae "lettin go"

they need to put that out on 12", prease.....