when did folkways records...

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
...start commanding $$$$$$$?I knew Montgomery Express, and Sister Webster Fabio brought in heavy duckets, but this???http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4823931944It's the second time I've been outbid on this and both times it went just shy of $200.00

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ...start commanding $$$$$$$?
    I knew Montgomery Express, and Sister Webster Fabio brought in heavy duckets, but this???
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4823931944
    It's the second time I've been outbid on this and both times it went just shy of $200.00

Damn, I've been wanting that since I read about it on the Folkways site... had no idea it was commanding that kind of money. May have to just order the CDR from them.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Dem boys invented rap music.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    folkways + breakbeats = $$$
    as long as those records keep commanding more and more cash, i'll be rich someday.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    that's definitely one of the rarer ones. that dude has had 2 sealed ones up in the last few months.

• RezRez 164 Posts
    that's definitely one of the rarer ones. that dude has had 2 sealed ones up in the last few months.

What price East New York Jazz Ensemble then Hcrink - I have one incoming...

Rez

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Rez

• It started when I wrote my ISH on Folkways because I'm famous and often predict trends, as well

• RezRez 164 Posts

Rez

Prease to exprain?

Lez

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    schnipper i challenge you to a tastemaking battle. whoever makes the most tastes in the next three days wins.

Rez

AP sold one for like a grand+ last month.

schnipper i challenge you to a tastemaking battle. whoever makes the most tastes in the next three days wins.

I WANT IN, BITCHES!

• RezRez 164 Posts

Rez

Whooosh! Keep talkin...

Rez

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Is anyone familiar with the electronic lps they did? I have about 5 of them... Barton and Pricilla McClean, Tod Dockstader, and etc.
    Pretty far-out stuff. And great minimal cover designs.

Rez

Whooosh! Keep talkin...

Rez

Well, he had it in a pretty crazy jazz auction, and he's AP. But, right after that I somewhat sketchily listed one got about $200

• schnipper i challenge you to a tastemaking battle. whoever makes the most tastes in the next three days wins.

You would win by writing on your website: Attention Japanese guys, I heard this guy Headroc from DC is incredible and not well known and PS I have 4 copies of his record all for sale at three hundred dollars a piece and they all sell in like four seconds

• PS come to Gang Gang Dance

• RezRez 164 Posts
    I got ??400 UK for my last copy - 3 years ago - was gonna start this baby @ ??500 and see where it took me (we call ??500 a 'monkey' over here for all non-Brit Strutters on here) - seems safe...

I ain't a greedy l'il dood - just needy..

Rez

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Is anyone familiar with the electronic lps they did? I have about 5 of them... Barton and Pricilla McClean, Tod Dockstader, and etc.
    Pretty far-out stuff. And great minimal cover designs.

Yep - hadda few - not manys tho - we all down with JD Robb 'Triptyque' (Folkways / 1976) - ? That shit will melt yer liver...

Rez

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    so I'm gonna guess that east new york lp is the most expensive folkways? Any others that are nearly as expensive? I saw the sound of insects one up at atomic for like $50. Fuck that, I'll just go outside at night and listen for free thanks.

so I'm gonna guess that east new york lp is the most expensive folkways? Any others that are nearly as expensive? I saw the sound of insects one up at atomic for like $50. Fuck that, I'll just go outside at night and listen for free thanks.

there are quite a few that sell for $1-200

• schnipper i challenge you to a tastemaking battle. whoever makes the most tastes in the next three days wins.

I started buying Folkways records b/c of M*****w Schnipper...and the Pigbag 12" too. I see him as a peer to

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Dem boys invented rap music.

Waitaminute... I heard ANOTHER Folkways release (10") that was the invention of rap music

I started flying across the country biweekly because of *a* Sanders

I started buying Folkways records b/c of M*****w Schnipper...and the Pigbag 12" too. I see him as a peer to

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

You would win by writing on your website: Attention Japanese guys, I heard this guy Headroc from DC is incredible and not well known and PS I have 4 copies of his record all for sale at three hundred dollars a piece and they all sell in like four seconds

Hedroc = local black experience ...?

yes i am coming to the gang bang dance unless this cold i have gets worse instead of better.

Hedroc = local black experience ...?

yes i am coming to the gang bang dance unless this cold i have gets worse instead of better.

HEADROC holy crap not good but you could make it pass muster with wanna be white tees

buy a ticket it's gonna sell out hold on I will email you information

I started flying across the country biweekly because of *a* Sanders

hahaha!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    HEADROC holy crap not good but you could make it pass muster with wanna be white tees

"pass muster with white tees" is that a snap music song?

what about noyeek da grizzly bear?