end of the semester appreciation

slavinslavin 577 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
just finished my last final exam. school is over, finally.

how many people on here are graduating? i would be, but i still have to take two more classes (language course & elective next fall).

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

how many people on here are graduating? i would be, but i still have to take two more classes (language course & elective next fall).

1) Thank god the semester is over. Teaching at Berkeley for over 12 semesters has slowly sucked out my interest in teaching. thank god for the 1/3rd of my students who actually seem to be into, you know, learning. But the other 2/3rds who sit there like potted plants got me worried about the future of CA.

2) Technically, I finished in December but I'm walking in grad ceremonies next Friday. I'm 'bout to get my hood on. Literally:

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    After 4 years of part-timing it, I'm getting my Masters in IS. Just handed in my final research paper last night, and the realization that I'll have a lot more free time on my hands is slowly starting to sink in.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

1) Thank god the semester is over. Teaching at Berkeley for over 12 semesters has slowly sucked out my interest in teaching. thank god for the 1/3rd of my students who actually seem to be into, you know, learning. But the other 2/3rds who sit there like potted plants got me worried about the future of CA.

2) Technically, I finished in December but I'm walking in grad ceremonies next Friday. I'm 'bout to get my hood on. Literally:

Hey,

Congratulations, Dr. O-Dubble!!!! Man, there is nothing like earning that hood. Completing the courses, thesis, doctoral comprehensives, and dissertation all take such dedication and perseverance. Plus, being a TA is such work, dealing with many mindless undergraduates that could give two shits about learning. The tedium of doctoral study is unimaginable to laypeople, but believe you me, I've been there and understand. By the way, what is your dissertation about? Didn't you love the "ruler person" at the graduate school? I could have choked that woman!!! Go have a beer on me, bro!!!! Way to go!!!! Incidentally, I don't get a summer break because I have hella research projects to complete, and new papers to write-up and submit. I just sent in a 1st revision of a manuscript last night around midnight. I have two in-press, three others "out there" under review, and three more to submit in the next month or so. I go up for tenure during Fall 2006.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    1 - 3 pg paper

1 - 2 pg paper

1 - 15 pg paper

and 1 final exam TO GO*

Hello Masters Degree!

Then no more fucking school, EVER - I promise.

* All due by Monday

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    1 - 3 pg paper
    1 - 2 pg paper
    1 - 15 pg paper

and 1 final exam TO GO*

Hello Masters Degree!

Then no more fucking school, EVER - I promise.

* All due by Monday

Yo D***,

Stop whinin' and get busy!!!!! Congratulations to you and all of the upcoming graduates!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak