Marcofunk vs. llmod

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    isnt it like "too much" for one record...i mean, how you gonna explain that to your kids, wife or best friend?

Uh, I think it's safe to say this dude doesn't have to worry about either of those three things.

sayin.

• isnt it like "too much" for one record...i mean, how you gonna explain that to your kids, wife or best friend?

Uh, I think it's safe to say this dude doesn't have to worry about either of those three things.

....zing?

Can some of the more imaginative heads here make up a narrative of a day in the life of marcofunk - the mighty collectro? I think we need to visualize what this dude is about.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    isnt it like "too much" for one record...i mean, how you gonna explain that to your kids, wife or best friend?

....zing?

Can some of the more imaginative heads here make up a narrative of a day in the life of marcofunk - the mighty collectro? I think we need to visualize what this dude is about.

Picture's worth 1,000 words....

• chrischris 287 Posts
    in the "notes" section of the paypal payment that he sent me for an $800 record, he asked me to "make sure this is real black man funky soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

of course it was, but isn't the onus on the collectro to make sure of these things before they bid such a large amount? he had apparently never even heard of the record beforehand.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    So who's in charge of getting him on here to rap with us?

I mention this in every thread about marcofunk and will continue to do so until it happens.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I got an email from him once - he asked if there was any funk/soul records here

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    is it like a young rich daddys boy???

i'm really not making fun of him, but im also curious about the kind of dood he could be. 2000 on that kind record. You have no bills or you have a big ass legacy from Ronald Trump Senior.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    Ronald Trump

?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    naw man, that's Donald...Ronald was one helluva dood.

• in the "notes" section of the paypal payment that he sent me for an $800 record, he asked me to "make sure this is real black man funky soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    oh god...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    in the "notes" section of the paypal payment that he sent me for an $800 record, he asked me to "make sure this is real black man funky soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm curious as to what you were supposed to do about it if was not.

• in the "notes" section of the paypal payment that he sent me for an $800 record, he asked me to "make sure this is real black man funky soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    oh god...

OH GOD yourself.
    I'm in the process of weeding out all caucasians from my collection to get me closer to the true funk for the real funky black man.
    Jack DeJohnette is making me question my adopted psuedo racialness. I am uncomfortable.
    Okay I must jet, a $500 auction is ending.
    marcoflunk out.

oh god...

OH GOD yourself.

I'm in the process of weeding out all caucasians from my collection to get me closer to the true funk for the real funky black man.

oh yeah? i bet the black men on my LP covers are blacker than yours.

• chrischris 287 Posts

I'm curious as to what you were supposed to do about it if was not.

destroy it immediately.

• I don't get it what's the problem of spending cash on a record. Since when do you become a morron ?

Those people are not millionaires (trust me I know them)

• Those people are not millionaires (trust me I know them)

TELL US MORE OR YOU'RE SOFT

• So who's in charge of getting him on here to rap with us?

I mention this in every thread about marcofunk and will continue to do so until it happens.

was invited, and does have a screen name but never posts.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Main event!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4823931585&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The devastating random and rich mystery man Marcofunk VS. the unknown challenger llmod!!

This afternoon!!

Come see me not even get a chance to get my bid in cause these guys are crazy-rich and motivated!

The prize being one hell of a kick ass funky-fuzzed out Turkish delight!

wow!

a bit late into this thread, anyway this sounded like one of the tracks recently featured (see/ hear other thread) on the turkish funk compilation release.

• I don't get it what's the problem of spending cash on a record. Since when do you become a morron ?

Those people are not millionaires (trust me I know them)

You are really chummy with marcofunk? Does he invite you round to discuss "the game" and how to search for keywords like (funky,funk,funktastic)?

The reason we clown on him is because he's the poster boy for a study on ebay addiction. By his own admission, he has no idea what he's bidding on. If you outbid him, it only makes hulk mad.

If he's not a millionaire, he's at least a single, unmarried several hundred thousand-aire.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I think marcofunk is a fantastic guy and every time I drink a negroni i spill a little in memory of the records i lost to the great collectro.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Going by his January sales Marcofunk must be dropping $50k plus a year just on eBay records. I also know a couple collectors who spend what I consider to be big money on records but no-one who seems to shell out so much on such a frequent and apparently arbitrary basis. I'm sure there are spenders as large or even larger than Marcofunk but it's odd to me that he takes big punts on records he clearly has no idea about. Great to watch, though.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    $50k a year is a drop in the bucker for a good many people.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    you would think that someone who drop $5K on a record would know to just put in one bid?

just sayin'

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    but is it really better than some random 20 dollar james brown record? nah...

"Real Headz" proved that even further...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Marco is just a middle-class dude who likes to spend money on records. People who think he's rich probably see themselves as middle-class when in reality they are not--they are...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    People who think he's rich probably see themselves as middle-class when in reality they are not--they are...

That's just a ridiculous thing to say but rich or not, he's clearly got disposable potatoes coming out of his coal hole. Maybe he lives in a cardboard box and catches all his own food to pay for it all but somehow I think it's more likely that he's just well-padded. Class doesn't come into it.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Marco is just a middle-class dude who likes to spend money on records. People who think he's rich probably see themselves as middle-class when in reality they are not--they are...

"You sound poor"

• you would think that someone who drop $5K on a record would know to just put in one bid?

just sayin'

there are soo many problems with my boy that i can't even count them in broken italian.

to add to chris' quote, he straight up has a rider on his paypal message saying "make sure the record is truly soul/funk"

he works in switzerland. i think he buys records from his spot in switz while away from his collectro. he checks a "database" from his computer at work, if he doesn't have it he adds to the collectro. he buys the same records more than once because he has them listed wrong in his database (i.e. artist name is title of album)

i don't give a shit what class marco is or not, he is a very typical collectro and has the habits of a trustafarian. like many kids i know (trust me)!!!!! he buys records just like reynaldo, my gut is screaming rich bwoy. i know the difference between rich people who collect grails and poor grail collectros. poor people don't buy the same $500 record twice because they filed it into their database from switzerland inaccurately.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    poor people don't buy the same $500 record twice because they filed it into their database from switzerland inaccurately.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Shit is hilarious!