Dear Person Next to Me on the Phone,

2»

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    boring vapid chatter

=== THANK YOU

Boring Vapid Jibber Jabber!

SG

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    don't we all know someone like this? people who want you to hear their conversation??

Too true. No matter which workplace, in which country, there is always someone who LIVES for putting their life on blast.

What I dont understand is why they can't sense the fact that their audience would rather kick their seat out from under them, give them a next level wedgie and beat them in the face with the receiver.

I have a narcissistic colleague who screams in the hallway of an uh...UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT (where we're working in our offices, trying to concentrate)!!!! What sense does this make, other than that she is a chronic attention-seeker (I avoid her like the plague, too)?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    HI

EXCELLENT

OHMIGOD

that would be a great cover for an album called BALLS IN PARADISE

'dropping' in summer of 06
    heads aint redee

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    people browsing ring tones in public is also annoying.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    don't we all know someone like this? people who want you to hear their conversation??

Too true. No matter which workplace, in which country, there is always someone who LIVES for putting their life on blast.

What I dont understand is why they can't sense the fact that their audience would rather kick their seat out from under them, give them a next level wedgie and beat them in the face with the receiver.

I have a narcissistic colleague who screams in the hallway of an uh...UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT (where we're working in our offices, trying to concentrate)!!!! What sense does this make, other than that she is a chronic attention-seeker (I avoid her like the plague, too)?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yeah man, its a bit ironic that attention seekers dont realise: Everyone wants to get the hell away from attention seekers.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yes, I notice you and notice you have a personal life. I also notice that you talk louder and longer when your phone calls are personal and you know what? It's not working. I don't care about your personal life and don't think you are interesting or witty. I doubt neither one of our cube neighbors think you are either. Your laugh sucks. I don't care that you saw a blues band last nite and had the best martini. I don't care that you watched Frontline last nite. I don't care about how appalled you were at Betsy's outfit on Saturday. You are boring and I can't wait to move cubes on Friday cause headphones just aren't doing the trick anymore

Audrey

damnit. maybe i will in fact miss my quiet all-Japanese environment (minus one horrific supervisor) if I do decide to move on...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yeah man, its a bit ironic that attention seekers dont realise: Everyone wants to get the hell away from attention seekers.

Yep, NO ONE (including myself) in our department likes her. This is bad because there are very few people I can't stand.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    One of my co-workers is yelling on her phone as I read this thread.

Now she's whistling off key.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Mandrew's new avatar makes me cry. I think I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    The guy in the flat next to mine talks superloud on the phone. His bedroom shares a wall with mine. I've only met him twice in person but I know so much about him & his life from hearing him shout down the phone. It's definitely annoying when he gets calls from his brother early saturday mornings.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    One of my co-workers is one of those people who can't function without work down their pants 24/7.

She injured her ankle pretty bad on a ski trip and is supposed to be signed off work because she can hardly walk, but she chooses to still come in regardless.

I think a certain percentage of that is cause she likes everyone saying 'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, - you shouldn't be here what with that ankle all like it is......' (which you feel obligated to say, because its such a blatant situation).

and then she's all 'Well, you know, I'd just be at home otherwise... cause, I'm an ankle martyr, see??? You're not looking.. Oi, Look!!! Behold - The ankle! Say something about the ankle!!! Look! Are you looking?? See the ankle. Peep the ankle. Observe the stupidity of me repeatedly trying to walk around 80ft of open plan office with a freshly broken ankle. Marvel at the unnecessary-ness of my constant walking up and down the office.. walking.... up and down .... walking... to and from... clutching onto the printer for dear life.... with a broken ankle.. aww yea... thats right.. dragging myself across the office to the water cooler as if I've just been maliciously bitten by one of the bee gees...'

I mean WTF!?

Do the right thing..... go home beitch!

Rant over.

• Peep the ankle.

awesome.

Mandrew's new avatar makes me cry. I think I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.

DEAL WITH IT

MAYBE ITS A LITTLE TOO
    EH, I'LL LEAVE IT UP TO THE MODERS

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    And what about these people in the workspace....

1. Loud eaters: The guy at the desk next to mine chews his damn food with his mouth OPEN the whole time. Disgusting to hear the smacking chewing and swallowing sounds in such close proximity when I'm trying to get shit done.

2. Embarassing personal conversators: another guy whose desk is near mine talks regularly (to his wife I guess) about really personal stuff -- like his mom was diagnosed with cancer and he was discussing it in EXCRUCIATING detail on the phone. Not annoying but just very discomfort-inducing.