I'll be in Philly 2/3-2/5

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
if the subject wasn't clear enough, I will be in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from Friday, February 3 through Sunday, February 5 just to get the hell out of Filthy Richmond for a weekend and use a little PTO since I couldn't last year (surgery).Just made the hotel reservations and got some good info from Cousin Larry.Any strutters in the area let me know if you'd like to link. dig, eat, shoe shop, catch a show, scratch, etc.and if you have any show info for that weekend, please feel free to put it in this post and/or PM me.I'm staying at Club Quarters (1628 Chestnut St)

Comments

• just to get the hell out of Filthy Richmond for a weekend and use a little PTO since I couldn't

I hate to tell you this but philly is way more dirty than Richmond, but there is much fun to be had.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Cool, cool, got your PM. I'll be around and will hit you back in a bit.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    just to get the hell out of Filthy Lame-ass Richmond for a weekend and use a little PTO since I couldn't

• just to get the hell out of Filthy Lame-ass Richmond for a weekend and use a little PTO since I couldn't

ok thats better.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

THIS DUDE IS NICE. SO IS MR. TRIPLEDOUBLE PHILAHOBO.

THIS DUDE IS NICE. SO IS MR. TRIPLEDOUBLE PHILAHOBO.

Thaaa's right...and I'll extend the same freezie pop hospitality to any other Strutter that comes through!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    oh fo sho
    patties are the schitt

freezie pop hospitality
    um... I'm having second thoughts. ?

freezie pop hospitality

um... I'm having second thoughts. ?

*BOING*[/b]

I am the self-proclaimed ultimate freezie pop collectro!

(bow down)

(bow down)
    Page me?

bumpity bump

trapperdoybell: i need yer #.

just wanted to shout out my travel agent (CousinLarry) and Tripledouble for the brief introduction to Philly. sorry to Drewn that we never got to link up...hopefully next time.
    i did find some nice things so i just wanted to share what i came up on...
    most aren't worthy of Weekend Finds (tm) so I'll keep em in this thread...
    *mostly backpacker stuff*
    12"s[/b]
    K-Skills - Patience & Persistence
    Heather B - Do You [2nd copy]
    Tuff Crew - My Part of Town b/w Detonator
    Latyrx - Lady Don't Tek No *TEST PRESS*
    DJ Spinna - Rock
    Stetsasonic - Talkin All That Jazz promo
    DJ Shadow - High Noon b/w Organ Donor (extended overhaul)
    Mass Influence - Analyze/All Out
    Indelible MC's - Fire In Which You Burn b/w Collude/Intrude *TEST PRESS*
    Wayne Wonder - Sampler: No Letting Go b/w Watching You, Saddest Day [been sleeping on this one since I didn't realize what the flipside tracks were...until now. all nice]
    Rock Mo - Risin' To The Top, All Night Long, PSK, Gucci Time
    Chubb Rock - Treat 'Em Right
    Da Bush Babees - We Run Things (It's Like Dat) promo
    Chris "the Glove" Taylor & David Storrs - Reckless promo [the 45 had been melting my face already]
    Nairobi - Funky Soul Makossa
    LOTUG - Chief Rocka [2nd]
    Michael Jackson - Billie Jean [Canadian pressing? I think]
    Black Moon - How Many Emcees (Must Get Dissed) doubles [one has an arrow running around the label...is that the first retail press?]
    MC Breed - Best of sampler: Real MC, Gotta Get Mine feat. 2Pac b/w Well Alright, Ain't No Future In Yo' Frontin' [good way to get Gotta Get Mine]
    Mad Lion - Take It Easy
    DM & Jemini - The Only One [2nd]
    Shanti - Last Days of Rap [2nd]
    PUTS - OST feat. Odel [2nd]
    Jeru - D. Original [avail. for trade]
    DJ Q-Bert - Wave Twisters *TEST PRESS* [avail. for trade]

+

Jerry Butler - Never Give You Up 45
    Melvin Van Peebles' Ain't Supposed to Die A Natural Death LP [20 cents]
    MFSB - Love is the Message LP [2nd. was there an original 12" released for the title track?]

+

I also caught some DJ's over the weekend and I was happy w/all the music at all the spots... only sore spot was getting denied entry to a club where the DJ was listed in the paper as playing hip-hop classics[/b]. bouncer: "no sneakers". after a 16-block walk to get there. (this entry requirement was NOT posted in the listing)

anyways, looking forward to my next Philly trip. Drewn & Tripdub: lemme know whenever yall are headed to VA.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    How many of those backpacky 12"s came from the discount section of Armand's?

Thanks Mord, sorry we didn't get a chance to link up. Hope you had a good time in our city and will let you know when I make a trip out to yours.

How many of those backpacky 12"s came from the discount section of Armand's?
    they have a discount section?