Digging spots in Costa Rica?

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I'm about to go to Costa Rica with the fam for a little vacation time, and I will be stopping in San Jose before I head to Mal Pais, which is where I will be staying for the majority of the time.Does anyone know of any crazy spots in San Jose? I figure I'll just try my luck and walk around.. but if anyone knows, let a fellow digger know!thanks

Comments

• When are you going? After a quick NYC stop I am landing there monday next week and we could combine efforts. Let me know where you are planing to stay, contact info etc. we could do this together. I know there is wax to be found ..

• my recommendation would be to quit digging for a week and do something else, that is, your in costa rica for better reasons. assuming family time becomes taxing after a certain point theres a few surf board rentals at mal pais, open air bars nestled in jungle, enchanting israeli girls tredding delicately on jagged rock in white sand and unreal scenery coupled with next level auditory sensations (read: buy herb from local dude with beard.) the place IS paradise, and one of the last isolated beaches in cr - say those that know. if thats not enough for you, take the bus to motezuma(sp) which is more like a party village - theres a certain appealing euro/latin fusion vibe.....more beautiful girls. a n y w a y, if your in san jose go to the dominican part of the dowtown and youll find a few dusty record/book stores (ask a cab driver) - i found a lot of fania, a shitty sylvers album and nothing. pm if you want more info. enjoy your trip

a few items of survival business:

las weelas, cheeks, gringitas - ladies
    levantar cullita - literally, lift a booty
    twaneez - 'dope' as in 'dope!'
    puro, mbob - j
    mota - green and brown

• CR has been popping into my radar a LOT these past few weeks.....

I'll fill Big Dudes in when goes down....