recovery wants

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited January 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I've made some real world moves that required me to part with some records. I was just wondering if I can get some of them back sooner than later. Oh, I have a couple of other wants too.LPsGrant Green - The Final Comedown OSTThe Alan Bown - S/TCymande OGsLonnie Smith - Drives & Move Your HandGary Wilson - You Think You Really Know MeThe Meters OGsBy the way, how do you feel about trading beats from producers for records?

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

LPs

The Alan Bown - S/T
    You're not talking about 'Listen', right? I had recently copped that off the bay, only to return it because it wasn't as advertised

By the way, how do you feel about trading beats from producers for records?
    Hells no. Most producers would take a $300 record and handle it like a $3 record.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

LPs

The Alan Bown - S/T
    You're not talking about 'Listen', right? I had recently copped that off the bay, only to return it because it wasn't as advertised
    Yeah no, not that one... Listen may be doper, but I've never heard it. I am too lazy to recover the notable track on it, because I know they put a 45 of it.

By the way, how do you feel about trading beats from producers for records?
    Hells no. Most producers would take a $300 record and handle it like a $3 record.
    Ah, I just trade them records with samples. They never need to know the value of the records. Most of them don't. Then again, there's a beat that I shelled out my Magictones "Good Old Music" 45 and some other stuff to get. The financial switch is interesting to me. They either want $XXX for a beat, or they'll take $XX in records from me, because they know I tend to cop heatery they know nothing about.

• got an extra copy of drives and move your hand (the move your hand looks like squirrels did the watusi on it) plays decently if i remember though.

pm me if interested.

dave

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the shop down the street from me has a clean copy of "Mover Your Hand" for $30 - lemme know

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    (the move your hand looks like squirrels did the watusi on it)

dave
    I'd love a .gif of this.

Yeah no, not that one... Listen may be doper, but I've never heard it. I am too lazy to recover the notable track on it, because I know they put a 45 of it.
    You're probably talking about 'Wanted Man', the joint with 8-bar drum/bass break intro. Dope song. I don't know if that's ever been released on 45 format though.

Ah, I just trade them records with samples. They never need to know the value of the records. Most of them don't. Then again, there's a beat that I shelled out my Magictones "Good Old Music" 45 and some other stuff to get. The financial switch is interesting to me. They either want $XXX for a beat, or they'll take $XX in records from me, because they know I tend to cop heatery they know nothing about.

Word. A couple of years ago, I had sent boxes of vinyl (some pricey joints) to my brother, just so that he could hold on to them while I was away. I sent it to him because he does production and whatnot. Anyways, When I got my vinyl back, shit was tore up. Rinked records and beat up covers for days. I mean dude is good peoples, but I will never ever let him get within 100 ft. of any of my raers.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Word. A couple of years ago, I had sent boxes of vinyl (some pricey joints) to my brother, just so that he could hold on to them while I was away. I sent it to him because he does production and whatnot. Anyways, When I got my vinyl back, shit was tore up. Rinked records and beat up covers for days. I mean dude is good peoples, but I will never ever let him get within 100 ft. of any of my raers.

Oh, I hear that; I don't blame you. These records I've traded, I don't expect to get back. This dude knew I had certain records for a minute and he broke down and asked could he have them for a fly beat.

Oh, I hear that; I don't blame you. These records I've traded, I don't expect to get back. This dude knew I had certain records for a minute and he broke down and asked could he have them for a fly beat.
    So why don't you just sell them? Not trying to be a smart-ass but I think it would make more sense to sell your wax to these dudes.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

So why don't you just sell them? Not trying to be a smart-ass but I think it would make more sense to sell your wax to these dudes.
    Well, dude wants like $500 for beats normally, if for-outside-his-clique work. I didn't even want any from him, until he sent me this one and I was like . Then I did what I had to do to get it.

I didn't trade $500 worth of records. At most, they will amount to over $100 if I sold them. I probably spent less than $40 on all that I sent dude. I'm sure he'll make a gang of beats with them, who knows what he'll profit from that. I didn't trade any , so I don't feel like I lost much.

Well, dude wants like $500 for beats normally, if for-outside-his-clique work. I didn't even want any from him, until he sent me this one and I was like
    . Then I did what I had to do to get it.

I didn't trade $500 worth of records. At most, they will amount to over $100 if I sold them. I probably spent less than $40 on all that I sent dude. I'm sure he'll make a gang of beats with them, who knows what he'll profit from that. I didn't trade any , so I don't feel like I lost much.
    Got it.
    I'm kinda slow but now I see where you coming from.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

If you're talking about the list of records at the top of this thread, you're looking at at least a few hundred if not several hundred dollars worth of records

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

If you're talking about the list of records at the top of this thread, you're looking at at least a few hundred if not several hundred dollars worth of records
    No no, not quite...

The Politicians Featuring McKinley Jackson - S/T (NM)
    The Impact of Brass - Down At The Brass Works (VG+)
    Elder Leon Smith - Let The Spirit Move You - Live In Las Vegas
    Lonnie Smith - Drives (VG)
    Lonnie Smith - Move Your Hand (VG-)
    Dave Liebman - Drum Ode
    Fresh - Feelin' Fresh
    Jimmy Lynch - That Funky Tramp In A Night Club - Tramp Time Volume 1 (VG)
    Rasa - Everything You See Is Me (VG+)
    Jazz Rock Symposium - S/T (VG++)

Now if I tried to sell these, I'd be lucky to get somewhere close to $200. Some of you bigger dudes would probably get more. Looking at it again, I may have spent $50. Half of these I copped real cheap. Like 3 pieces I actually paid over $5.

Anyway, the others are from other trades and a couple are just wants.

I want another copy of the Rasa, but I'm sure I'll find it on my own real soon.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    got the l.smith "move your hand" vg/vg+ too. i got a bunch of rasa's i can throw in for the helluvit. pm me if interested.