new choose your own adventure titles

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
i may be lame because i think these are funny

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this has been the very best part of my day so far... other than the fact that it's my son's 11th birthday. thanks ms. damn.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

So funny.

What's awesome is how many of those OG's I read when they were new
    in like 1980...the giant head one was definitely on my shelf...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i have almost all of the one written by r.a. monthgomery & edward packard

• If there was a soulstrut choose your own adventure book, what would the endings be like?

On some, " If you think that Trouble Man is a tepid funk terd turn to page 46 " and then page 46 is just big black bold letters that say " BAN "

or, " if you agree with O-dub turn to page 50 " and then in page 50 Phill Most sons your fucking face!

• This shit is hilarious! Thanks A*dr*y

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    do you have stairs in your house?

• MY SIDES ARE SPILTING FROM COMPLUSIVE LAUHGTER

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    i may be lame because i think these are funny

no, those are fookin hilarious. "dude your pretty much fucked", ha!
    Who else reverse engineered the endings to these things?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    If there was a soulstrut choose your own adventure book, what would the endings be like?

On some, " If you think that Trouble Man is a tepid funk terd turn to page 46 " and then page 46 is just big black bold letters that say " BAN "

or, " if you agree with O-dub turn to page 50 " and then in page 50 Phill Most sons your fucking face!

damn, I'm in the clear

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    If there was a soulstrut choose your own adventure book, what would the endings be like?

ha, hell yeah. it would be pretty funny to apply the 'choose your own adventure' formula to other situations as well

• If there was a soulstrut choose your own adventure book, what would the endings be like?

ha, hell yeah. it would be pretty funny to apply the 'choose your own adventure' formula to other situations as well

A flea market dealer pisses you off. If you rip him a new one on soulstrut turn to page 34. If you just shrug it off and keep it moving turn to page 46.

Page 34: Surprise! The flea market dealer lurks on soulstrut! You're the one that gets ripped a new one!

Page 46: Thanks to your sense of reason, the dealer calls you for a home appointment to make up for his harsh treatment and blesses you with untold raers! You rule the world of crate-digging!

You've got a record to sell, but the condition is not all that. A prominent soulstrutter lists it as one of his top-ten wants. If you sell him the record, glossing over the condition problems, turn to page 86. If you tell the soulstrutter that the record's a little messy but would trade for something you really like, turn to page 54.

Page 54: The soulstrutter in question happens to have a VG copy of a record you've been after forever! You are totally stoked!

Page 86: The soulstrutter puts you on blast! You can't sell a record anywhere without changing your name! And your unemployment runs at the end of the month. Sucks to be you!

• awesome, Damn, awesome.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Stole my idea for just about everything I want to make.

example a:

• chrischris 287 Posts
    DEADWOOD CITY

You see an interesting West African record at the thrift. You've never heard of it but put it in your pile because its mint, and its only a dollar. At home while listening to your finds you put on the record and a face melt ensus. Can't find any info on google, ebay, gemm or popsike, so you take a picture and post it in the weekend finds thread asking if anyone has any info on it. A few hours later and still no response. Then, like a beacon in the darkness, you see flashing envelope on your screen. Its a pm from Aleit, he asks if you're feeling the record or if you would consider a trade. Wow, Aleit wants one of your records, thats it, you've made it in the digging world! You ask Aleit if he has a copy of Black Ruby. Aleit pms you back saying he has a minty copy waiting to be traded.

If you want to trade turn to page 32

If you want to pass on the trade turn to page 33

page 32: You've made the trade and Black Ruby is on its way, bye bye West African mystery, have a good trip to your new home. You get back to your house to pm Aleit that the record is on its way, when you notice a response to your mysterious record inquiry. You click on the thread and Soufriere1 says "Holy shit! You found that in a thrift?!?!?! There are 12 known copies of this record in the world. I had three at one point and sold two of them for a bazillion dollars. Got one still in the collection. Congrats on a great find! K in Canada." You have emails from ebay saying that three copies of Black Ruby just went up for auction. Ouch, better luck next time baby digger.

page 33: You've been wanting that Black Ruby for a while, but decide to exercise digger's patience and hold off on the trade. Anyways the West African record is growing on you and you don't really want to trade it anymore. You pm Aleit saying sorry but its staying at your house. Aleit pms you back and says it was worth a try, the record is dumb rare and really good. Looks like you got some soulstrut cred anyways, good move champ

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    its early to call it but i have no doubt this will be thread of the weekmonth

• oh god! the look on the kid's face is priceless.

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    Funny shit... Thanks for posting those.

• Fantastic!!!! Big thanxxx..

Also there was a similar site on the web that you could look at childrens books with redesigned titels that were hilarious, stuff like "in colonial times people wiped their asses with sticks" and a picture of an igloo that just said "where eskimos fuck" , if someone has senn these and still has them please share

/L

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Fantastic!!!! Big thanxxx..

Also there was a similar site on the web that you could look at childrens books with redesigned titels that were hilarious, stuff like "in colonial times people wiped their asses with sticks" and a picture of an igloo that just said "where eskimos fuck" , if someone has senn these and still has them please share

/L

I'm doing everything I can to avoid laughing out loud in class. Too much fun.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

You see an interesting West African record at the thrift. You've never heard of it but put it in your pile because its mint, and its only a dollar. At home while listening to your finds you put on the record and a face melt ensus. Can't find any info on google, ebay, gemm or popsike, so you take a picture and post it in the weekend finds thread asking if anyone has any info on it. A few hours later and still no response. Then, like a beacon in the darkness, you see flashing envelope on your screen. Its a pm from Aleit, he asks if you're feeling the record or if you would consider a trade. Wow, Aleit wants one of your records, thats it, you've made it in the digging world! You ask Aleit if he has a copy of Black Ruby. Aleit pms you back saying he has a minty copy waiting to be traded.

If you want to trade turn to page 32

If you want to pass on the trade turn to page 33

page 32: You've made the trade and Black Ruby is on its way, bye bye West African mystery, have a good trip to your new home. You get back to your house to pm Aleit that the record is on its way, when you notice a response to your mysterious record inquiry. You click on the thread and Soufriere1 says "Holy shit! You found that in a thrift?!?!?! There are 12 known copies of this record in the world. I had three at one point and sold two of them for a bazillion dollars. Got one still in the collection. Congrats on a great find! K in Canada." You have emails from ebay saying that three copies of Black Ruby just went up for auction. Ouch, better luck next time baby digger.

page 33: You've been wanting that Black Ruby for a while, but decide to exercise digger's patience and hold off on the trade. Anyways the West African record is growing on you and you don't really want to trade it anymore. You pm Aleit saying sorry but its staying at your house. Aleit pms you back and says it was worth a try, the record is dumb rare and really good. Looks like you got some soulstrut cred anyways, good move champ

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Funny... Thanks

• yeah I know it's not edited and shit. I guess "Nabooti" sounded pretty African to the editors.

It stars Brad Fauntleroy, the silver-spoon boy who loved turtlenecks.

• hahaha we always used to joke around back in the day, "lost jewels in her booty" and other variations. too much fun

• Here's another real one:

More like "Gorga the acid flashback that both torments and comforts me."

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    not sure of this where this fits into the mix, but here's a quick sketch of an idea i had a couple of months ago...a mashup of book mediums...

• That's some cold shit to not give your girl the helmet and then get in a high speed chase with onetime. I love that shit with "Choose from B>2/B> possible endings." Hilarity.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This shit is hilarious! Thanks A*dr*y