mighty groove makers on peanut country

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
delay and i got into a conversation about this record the other night. any one else have some info on it? plaese to post to me.mighty groove makers- let's dance so mo' parts one and twopeanut country recordsi bought the thing for about a quarter a few years ago here in jersey. i know i'd never seen it before that, nor have i again. wondering if anyone else (hi dante) could shed some light for me.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

i bought the thing for about a quarter a few years ago here in jersey.
    Stupid question but is this a local record?

• not NJ. VA local right?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    not NJ. VA local right?
    OK. Thanks.

• SPEIDEL 005
    Portsmouth, VA

I assume to be the first issue.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

But Peanut Country has an address of Tennesse or something, right?

(I'm trying to do this at work with my terrible memory....).

Interesting...

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    SPEIDEL 005
    Portsmouth, VA

I assume to be the first issue.

ding ding ding. We have a winner.

• Now, that is a shitty sounding recording, but somehow I like it at the same time. It's got that "we don't give a fuck, we just makin music!" attitude. It shouldn't be very rare, since it usually sells on ebay for about $10-15.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Now, that is a shitty sounding recording, but somehow I like it at the same time. It's got that "we don't give a fuck, we just makin music!" attitude. It shouldn't be very rare, since it usually sells on ebay for about $10-15.

I sold mine to this Japanese guy. Shit was mint minty. He emails me back that record was not up to snuff, sound was poor. I explained that it's the pressing and not a condition issue. He wanted a total refund including his cost of shipping back to US. I said I wouldn't pay for his shipping but would gladly refund his money. He left me a negative feedback. Should I have paid the $8? Seems like BS to me.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i think there's 2 issues of it. the peanut country one is the 2nd. The 1st (which i dont own) is pretty raer if memory serves. sounds like it was recorded through a sponge.

• definately a cool 45. i always assumed peanut country meant it was from Georgia, learn something new everyday. The label on my copy is almost gone due to water damage.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    definately a cool 45. i always assumed peanut country meant it was from Georgia, learn something new everyday. The label on my copy is almost gone due to water damage.

Easy there. I've got enough problems living in Georgia without having to live down a label called Peanut Country. It's bad enough I have to drive by that think on the side of I-75 at Ashburn.