Hey fellow Canadians...

2»

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    NDP

But I'm a card carrying member and active in the party.

In Alberta, the NDP is gaining a lot (still to be dwarfed by the conservatives), especially from the liberal side. We have a decent chance (the best we've had in years) of getting an NDP seat in Edmonton. I've spent a lot of time canvassing in that area, and there is tons of support. Even the Sun said it was split between the conservative and NDP candidate.

Apparently, the NDP is polling higher provincially in Alberta than the Liberals.

• I voted Liberal... but didn't want to.

Lesser of two evils? Maybe? Stupid to give them my vote? Indeed.... The reason? I don't want to see the Harper or Conservatives anywhere near my future. My local riding is split between Bloc and Liberals... NDP doesn't stand a chance.

I would vote green or bloc (for purely selfish reasons..) but I think in this election it is a throw away.

ps: Harper gets in with a majority, I will be the fuck up outta here.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i voted strategically only in the sense that i felt that Chow had it on lockdown in my riding.. so I went to Hamilton to vote in my parents riding. The signs in this area are almost 100% conservative... real scary. We as the sane motherfuckers of canada have to spread out and hit our hometowns where they need us. Toronto might still be a race but there is almost nobody supporting anything except an anti-liberal backlash outside of the T.O. --- the green party candidate up over here is actually a pretty cool dude. I got to talk to him for a while today and it made me feel a little better about a bad situation.

and for the record there nothing inexcuseable about not voting... dudes have done there best to make us feel useless for going through with this voting masquerade the first time around. While i was registering, the guy in front of me had his name crossed off as if he had already voted. he hadnt done shit. fools voted for him, and they wouldnt let him go to the ballot. im not even joking

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

I would vote green or bloc (for purely selfish reasons..) but I think in this election it is a throw away.
    The Green's had no real hope in winning seats, so they simply ran candidates to raise money (the $1.75 deal). So, if you support the Green's but didn't vote for them, give them a small donation.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Who won?

And will they take away the "[color:red]RED FLAG[/b][/color]" from my name now that they're in office, so that I came visit you guys with no hassle?

• Only if they take away my red flag at your boarder cross. One for one, homie.

• So, not one Conservative riding in Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal. NOT ONE!
    The power of closed minded hicks can never cease to amaze.
    Holy Fucking Hell.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Alberta. awesome.

• NDP/Liberal Coalition Govt?
    The plot thickens!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Is that why martin was playing cards? bluff tactics?

• I am really not sure.
    Shit is crazy though.

• Options
    Does this mean cities get the shaft in favour shotgun & pick up truck rebates. A chuck wagon out to Scarborough?

K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    so what about this fandangled gst reduction promised by harper?

HAH! I can't believe it's not butter aka fake.

• NDP will not support Harper.

Liberals will clean house.

Conservatives will fail to pass a bill.

Government falls. New elections.

Liberals win landslide.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Okay so the day is done: Conservative Minority

I ain't worried. Tories won't be able to pass anything without some support from MPs from other parties. So that means a middle-of-the-road budget, some new crime laws, maybe some government reform moves against corruption (like an external office for corruption investigations that Harper had earlier talked about.) No big deal.

Ain't no radical redistribution of taxes, no using the notwithstanding clause, etc. They can't do it. This is my prediction.

Plus, another election in 10 - 18 months.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Well...it could have been much worse.

I'm feeling not as bad as I thought I would. I really don???t want this Children of the Corn dead-eyed robot representing us around the world, but at home, he's on a short leash and that's a good thing. All in all, change is best for the system. Martin fucked it up and he should be held accountable, and he is, so it shows the machine works. It means a new Liberal leader - and that's good, too. It's going to be everyone having to work together - another positive thing.

We'll see what comes out of the woodwork now that the muzzled Conservatives will be let loose in the House.

The NDP won in my riding! Hurrah!

Gotta say though, watching pasty grandpa after pasty grandpa giving commentary was depressing as fuck. Not one Aboriginal leader could have been invited? They could not find one token brown person to represent? Lame.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yea hnoi real shocker here... glad to see the liberals out and alos glad to see the liberals cons reigned in on a nice short leash..

the truely amazing thing to me is that the bloc can take almost TWICE as many seats overall from one province than the NDP can running in the whole country... wild!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Well...it could have been much worse.

I'm feeling not as bad as I thought I would. I really don???t want this Children of the Corn dead-eyed robot representing us around the world, but at home, he's on a short leash and that's a good thing. All in all, change is best for the system. Martin fucked it up and he should be held accountable, and he is, so it shows the machine works. It means a new Liberal leader - and that's good, too. It's going to be everyone having to work together - another positive thing.

We'll see what comes out of the woodwork now that the muzzled Conservatives will be let loose in the House.

The NDP won in my riding! Hurrah!

Gotta say though, watching pasty grandpa after pasty grandpa giving commentary was depressing as fuck. Not one Aboriginal leader could have been invited? They could not find one token brown person to represent? Lame.

Damn.. I missed ur call!!! Would have been a good convo!

Could someone explain to me something. How do Chow & Layton run in two different ridings? If they are married, wouldn't they both live in the same one? I know I'm missing the reason why. But does anyone know?

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -