Forget Killa Cam; check out the moves Nas is makin

2»

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Damn....

• marries that data with accumulated box-office receipts that reflect the same tracking period.[/b]

What's crazy is that, if I'm reading this information right, U2 (who topped the chart) earned over a quarter BILLION dollars in 2005 but apparently, none of their tour earnings went into that figure

uhhhh....hello?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    with nas on def jam, would this greatly enhance the possibility of a ghostface collabo? not to mention some kanye production as well? that'd be nice.

but with nas, one shouldnt hold ones breath.

-rich

p.s.
    i hear nas * kelis' wedding will be featured on ABC's inStyle weddings for the stars or some schitt.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    To answer an earlier question about 50 Cent's earning potential: I just read on Billboard that he made $75,351,514.85 in 2005, slightly more than Green Day and Neil Diamond but not as much as Celine Dion and Elton John.

$75 MILLION.
    Is that his money, or what his album sales generated?

This is based on: "The chart calculates aggregate album and digital sales for the 11-month window that stretched from the first Nielsen SoundScan sales week of 2005, which ended Jan. 9, through the week that ended Dec. 4, and marries that data with accumulated box-office receipts that reflect the same tracking period.

Album sales data are not just for an act's current titles, but for all titles, including catalog, tracked during the first 11 months of 2005. Digital data, likewise, includes all tracks available via paid downloads."

What's crazy is that, if I'm reading this information right, U2 (who topped the chart) earned over a quarter BILLION dollars in 2005 but apparently, none of their tour earnings went into that figure (and U2 had the most successful tour of 2005). Likewise, that $75 million for 50 Cent does not include any money he made off of endorsements, business ventures, or G-Unit sales.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

marries that data with accumulated box-office receipts that reflect the same tracking period.[/b]

What's crazy is that, if I'm reading this information right, U2 (who topped the chart) earned over a quarter BILLION dollars in 2005 but apparently, none of their tour earnings went into that figure

uhhhh....hello?

Oops, my bad - shit, I need to really clean my glasses.

This said, my point about 50 (mostly) applies: no endorsement $, no side business revenue, no label income is included.

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    there's a rapper named Killa Cam?

just for the record, my username has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GUY.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    By the way, in the tradition of Chris Rock's "rich vs wealthy" distinctions, I also read that Disney is close to signing a deal to buy Pixar. Steve Jobs founded the company by paying LucasArts $10,000,000 for their computer animation division in 1986. Jobs is now poised to $3.5 BILLION (in stock) if this buyout goes through.

Now THAT is