"First Song" at your wedding?

2»

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I think Grover's "Hydra" was the first played song at our wedding.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    AMG - "Bitch better have my money"

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Having just got married a week ago today, (honeymoon coming soon), I can give you a little advice. First off, you don't need alot of money to throw a wedding. We did it all for around $4500, had 100 people, and had a fucking BALL. One of the main reasons I think it was so good was that we kept all the plans real loose, and we didn't have any huge expectations for it, like most people do. We didn't even officially invite everyone until the week before. We did have to stress out about alot, but once the day came, we just let it happen, and it went perfect. We didn't pick a song til the night before, and it was a pretty obvious choice for both of us, cuz we're both huge Brenton Wood fans. I made the DJ a few CDs of stuff, but I didn't really sweat what he was playing, cuz I wanted to let loose, and not worry about that shit at my wedding. As long as you don't hire a cornball CDJ party service DJ, I'm sure everything will go smoothly. This applies to Kinetic and anyone else having a wedding soon.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Having just got married a week ago today, (honeymoon coming soon), I can give you a little advice. First off, you don't need alot of money to throw a wedding. We did it all for around $4500, had 100 people, and had a fucking BALL. One of the main reasons I think it was so good was that we kept all the plans real loose, and we didn't have any huge expectations for it, like most people do. We didn't even officially invite everyone until the week before. We did have to stress out about alot, but once the day came, we just let it happen, and it went perfect. We didn't pick a song til the night before, and it was a pretty obvious choice for both of us, cuz we're both huge Brenton Wood fans. I made the DJ a few CDs of stuff, but I didn't really sweat what he was playing, cuz I wanted to let loose, and not worry about that shit at my wedding. As long as you don't hire a cornball CDJ party service DJ, I'm sure everything will go smoothly. This applies to Kinetic and anyone else having a wedding soon.

good advice and congrats!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

That's nice and all but what was the fucking song?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings "Make It Good To Me"

That song is so pretty, I don't think anyone noticed it is about cheatin'

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    As long as you don't hire a cornball CDJ party service DJ, I'm sure everything will go smoothly. This applies to Kinetic and anyone else having a wedding soon.

Thanks, and I was already thinking that. I thuink I might just get a mate who is careful with records to play stuff from my collection for me on the day!

But then I thought

Fuck, where's the :son don't risk it" graemlen? I was soooooooooo ready to use it then, and if I could, insert a little picture of 'ball of eyes' or other said $500+ raer.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    the only sounds i remember from 20 years ago
    at my $10 jp wedding was pop-in-law's shotgun cocking
    but
    i have deejay'd more than one wedding where j c lodge's "someone loves you honey"
    started things off

• Having just got married a week ago today, (honeymoon coming soon), I can give you a little advice. First off, you don't need alot of money to throw a wedding. We did it all for around $4500, had 100 people, and had a fucking BALL. One of the main reasons I think it was so good was that we kept all the plans real loose, and we didn't have any huge expectations for it, like most people do. We didn't even officially invite everyone until the week before. We did have to stress out about alot, but once the day came, we just let it happen, and it went perfect. We didn't pick a song til the night before, and it was a pretty obvious choice for both of us, cuz we're both huge Brenton Wood fans. I made the DJ a few CDs of stuff, but I didn't really sweat what he was playing, cuz I wanted to let loose, and not worry about that shit at my wedding. As long as you don't hire a cornball CDJ party service DJ, I'm sure everything will go smoothly. This applies to Kinetic and anyone else having a wedding soon.

This is what my fiance and I want to do.

Oh yeah and our first dance is going to be to Johnny Cash - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts
    We had Dusty Springfield / The Look Of Love as our first song/dance

Followed by...

Curtis Mayfield / The Makings Of You
    Al Green / Let's Stay Together

• kojackkojack 42 Posts
    processional: "at last" - etta james
    recessional: "kissing my love" - bill withers

both played by a live band, the first as an instrumental. for the recessional, i told them,"you can do the song however you want, but YOU MUST KEEP THE OPENING DRUMS." i've never had a bigger, stupider grin on my face than when i was walking back down that aisle with my wife listening to that drum break.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

did you bother to read that little first post I made at the top?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

did you bother to read that little first post I made at the top?

D'oh. I had been checking in periodically so I forgot you kicked things off. Self-

• Walking to work today, Lou Rawls version of "You've Made Me So Very Happy," came on the iPod, and I am wondering about that as a possibility. I really wanted to do Marvin and Tammi's "You're All I Need to get By," but the lady thinks it sounds a little...I dunno. She wasn't feelin' it as a first song. All her life, she was thinking "At Last," but after going to five weddings where that was the first song, we were both like...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    my wife and i danced to Earth, Wind, and Fire "Love's Holiday."

after we were pronounced man and wife, we walked off to Pamoja "Ooh Baby." i wanted to make sure there was something

by the way, meaty, congrats. it sounds like it was awesome.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    There are places I???ll remember
    All my life though some have changed
    Some forever not for better
    Some have gone and some remain
    All these places have their moments
    With lovers and friends I still can recall
    Some are dead and some are living
    In my life I???ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
    There is no one compares with you
    And these memories lose their meaning