big big things in 2006

2»

Comments

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Music making slumber party at mesh's studio. Ill bring the Rhodes and Guacamole.

• Things I'm gonna do in the '06.

1. Good Records NYC website will pop off with major inventory, CDs, and the two HATERS YOU LOVE TO SWEAT, yours truly and Bob Bannister on weekly (daily?) rampages.

2. Reissue Project Ambershine. real headz blah blah deal

3. Editors In Chief megamix goes international

4. Start work on a long-put-off follow up to Ambershine which will be more of the same funky folk rap for the masses.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Music making slumber party at mesh's studio. Ill bring the Rhodes and Guacamole.

thats awesome. i was actually in the middle of planning something similar where i get three or four of my friends to bring a mpc/sp/triton/whatever filled with samples and everybody just colabs and make an album in a day. mix on the fly, just crank some shit out. i think that could be awesome. lets just see if i can bring it into fruition...

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

big things in 2006. that needs a trademark sign.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    its a nice, comfortable room.

dude, this is a comfortable room

YOU GOTTA FLY STUDIO RIGHT THERE!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    hahaa, thanks man. i am very lucky to have some partners who believe in me and go out and get the business. so i get to chill here all day while they do the phone/shmoozing thing. i just wanna do a little more music out of here. as of late, its been mostly audio post for videos, which is cool, but i am trying to get a band or two in here. check the tracking room:

we got an album project coming up in february though, and a few days tracking for a producer coming up next week i think, so it will come.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I'm leaving the country & everything else behind for a trip of undefinite length to Australia. I'm excited (i.e. shitting my pants) about this.

1. Good Records NYC website will pop off with major inventory, CDs, and the two HATERS YOU LOVE TO SWEAT, yours truly and Bob Bannister on weekly (daily?) rampages.

looking forward to this

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    WAXIDERMY

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I've caught the real estate bug. My hood is about to blow the fuck up, so I'm lookin' at spaces nearby.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Always trying and always pushing myself. 2006 is the year of the dog, and thus I must proper. Get skinny or die trying.

Musically, I have an EP coming out later this year, and I have started on a new album. Would like to get a few more projects out there. I have some songs I've done for others that will be coming out.

I am also doing some book projects, and hopefully I will finish one of them by the end of the year.

Personally, would like to make another big move. Health-wise, I've been walking for almost seven months. That amount might not be significant, but in that time I have noticed some changes in my clothing. I wish the process was faster, but it wasn't that easy a few years ago, I don't expect it to be easy now. It's the food I battle with, but I eat a lot less of a lot of things.
    ---
    Basically, to be able to tackle on some new and still-open projects that I hope will be able to take me through to the next 12 years. When it's the year of the dog again in 2018, I'd like to be be around and be able to say, well, to be able to be around is what I push for. Succeed or fail, it's all a part of life. Let me make it there, and I'll comment again.

• and the gear is a compilation of three people, but who cares. i get to use it all.

cooperative economics is very 2006....do that, papi!!!!

• I've caught the real estate bug. My hood is about to blow the fuck up, so I'm lookin' at spaces nearby.

yes indeed my brethren.
    control the land, control your destiny

• in that time I have noticed some changes in my clothing. I wish the process was faster, but it wasn't that easy a few years ago, I don't expect it to be easy now.

damn big dog, this is fucking inspiring. none of that quick fix shits lasts anyway. you do that real jon shit and keep walking.

when i first started doing pushups, i could barely do 5 this is when i was a shade under 20. fuck, very embarassing...but you gotta start somewhere and make good habits. shit, now i'll bang out 30 on my knuckles while i wait for the bus.

soulstrut army, stay chisel

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    1. Releasing albums: Soulstrut comp, DJ Day , Lefties Soul Connection
    2. Releasing at least one single per months
    3. Digital distribution
    4. Hiring the right people
    5. Having more time for digging + dj-ing
    6. Slimming down the collection from 3 expidits to 2

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    damn dog, this thread[/b] is fucking inspiring!

Been so busy lately, haven't been posting as much but that's a good thing. New lil' day gig covering my rent and beels, which means any night gig money goes right back into where it came from, which means I can keep funding my round black plastic habit. Gonna finally get myself a labtop and stop posting on ss from my girl's computer! Some real big things I don't want to speak on yet, but just let it be known that 2600 and Mesh are those dudes. And one more thing: candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.

Hearing sooo many amazing new projects from people, whether it be beats, mixes, seeing people performing in the real world, just makes me want to step my game up 1000%.

The ss comunity is holding it down right about now!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Yo, I am getting fit this year, hella cardio and weights, trying to look noice in my wedding dress come July, feel me?

I think I'm getting over the first year teacher hump, but shit is still exhausting like a mofo. Special Education can feel like a constant uphill battle at times. I am working harder than ever in my life plus going to classes at night, schitt is crazy. But I feel like I have the potential to be really great at this, it's just gonna be a minute.

Yesterday the kid I was administering a standardized academic achievement test (Woodcock-Johnson III) to was wearing a Mac Dre t-shirt, shit like that makes me smile.

Today I reconnected with a dj friend of mine I haven't spoke to in a while, has a big LP coming out this year, it was good to catch up and hearing him talk about his record got me excited about music again.

I'm reaching out out to people for my wedding and I'm feeling the love. Feels good.

2006 batches.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    This year's all about CAREER for me. After loose end work, school, more loose shits for work, then professional school - I'm about ready to start makin full-time salary works.

SHIT IZ REAL.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm getting my band together this year. Train wreck waiting to happen.

- spidey

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i just started eating salad on some health tip for the first time in probably close to ten years. shits not that bad and the japanese places i go to always got the bomb dressing. i also went to the gym for the first time in three months yesterday and i started carrying around my notebook to write down mix ideas.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I'm gonna be a better person in 2006.

I am currently being a better person in 2006.

I promise.

-e

• [
    when i first started doing pushups, i could barely do 5 this is when i was a shade under 20. fuck, very embarassing...but you gotta start somewhere and make good habits. shit, now i'll bang out 30 on my knuckles while i wait for the bus.

soulstrut army, stay chisel /

werd. Been on the push up tip, and on the exact same boat. From 5 to 35. Also copped an decent (re: quiet) exercise bike of craigslist and been on that. Movies w/subtitles and no sound and some quality LP on the table while you ride is a beaut thing. And the missus ain't complainin' neither.

As for 06, starting off good, have a mix CD about to drop, 'Soundclash' with some old school Limonious cartoons retweaked for the cover art. Limonious was like the Pedro Bell of dancehall LP covers, you can find his shit on the Stalag 17, 18, 19 LP and a ton of other schitt. Anyways my man Doug Lee (who's also 1/2 of Great Weekend Sound System with Twilight Tone) killed it on the design and its my first distributed mix with proper artwerk. 66 JA inspired tracks covering dancehall old/new, dub, ska, rocksteady, ragga jungle, michael jackson and rapper's delight covers, and opera. Announcement v. soon, dropping some off at Turntablelab/Other Music tomorrow/today, and being distro-ed by Kajmere.

The guggenheim thing I did a couple weeks ago was off the chain, even if the sound was sub-par. You'd think with the gazillions in art they could spring for some real subs. But it was niceness, got to play some twisted shit while people contemplated 'high art', from vintage dance mania to Terry Ganzie to T.S. Monk to whatevers.

Pretty amped for this year. Definitely trying to get out there more. Have saved up some $$$, and taking a break from the hampster wheel type jobs. Making time for some real moves.

Scaling down the fat from the collection. Organization. Hired a friend to help my ass out with this. Sometimes its about delegating shit you just aren't motivated to do yourself.

Truly, it isn't about the quick fix, just keeping disciplined. And shit eventually changes for the better. But I don't have too much to complain about, thing are good, and looking better.

Nice thread T. Double.

$??

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Today I reconnected with a dj friend of mine I haven't spoke to in a while, has a big LP coming out this year, it was good to catch up and hearing him talk about his record got me excited about music again.
    ?

• i'm gonna bench 400 lbs this year, folls.

45 collection is gonna double in size.

real shit.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    ?

i hope he's getting closer, i've been waiting on this jawn for sometime now......

• shred is dead dude...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    thanks for the post tripledub. Great reminder to stay on track. right on

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    WAXIDERMY

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    WAXIDERMY

I had to buy more bandwith today. A month ago I thought bandwith was something to measure underwear by.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I got a few things I like to get happening.
    1. More DJ gigs, I have a big one this weekend, 2 hours of 45s at a music/wine/art festival in the country, high class & nice, hoping there's more where it came from.
    2. Get another band thing happening, haven't played since October & I'm feeling the itch again.
    3. Get work going tight, things are a bit loose end there at the moment, partially with the new head of dept. but I do wanna get some different music groups & recording/performance ops happening for the kids.
    4. Solo acoustic CD, me & guitar, hopefully it will happen.
    5. Go skateboard more, I need to make more time for the other passion besides music.
    6. Travel, I wanna do a trip to somewhere far away in the holidays, maybe the US again or London for the first time, in fact this will most definitely be happening in July, destination unknown as yet.
    7. I wanna say get fit, just because everyone else is on some weightloss/fitness buzz, but in all reality, I just can't see that happening.
    8. Cull my music collection so when I flick through stuff there is nothing that I am embarassed to have there, this is well on the way to being a reality. Vinyl is pretty good now, just gotta give the Cds a serious working over.
    9. I also wanna say get another woman, but in all fairness, at this stage they are in my mind more trouble than they are worth. But in saying that, if someone good crops up I might be cajoled back into the game. She'd have to be seriously amazing straight away though for me to be bothered at all.

Man, when I see it all like this, I need to get working. Although some of these are simmering away at their own pace.