big big things in 2006

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
ok, half way through the first month everybody...are we all stepping our game up and making big things happen???ive been taking some baby steps toward life changing things, things fell positive.for real, yall, lets push hard, work on the weekends and a little bit at night (doesnt have to be job related work), make the most of our play time, rejoice in family and friends, cherish every breath, etc.you guys good???????? pushing yourselves????????

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh yeah.

Hi Tony!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    fucused, dude. focused.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    word the fuck up

• Oh yeah.

Hard work is its own reward.

Cos, you back in Now Y?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    For sure man... I'm always super motivated around this time to make big moves.

This year I'm going to try and get more gigs. Instead of waiting for them to come to me, which they don't, I'm really going to get out there and sell myself. I'm almost done with my latest demo at which point it's sell, sell, sell!

This year I want to get back into a startup environment. I miss the excitement and I miss believing in my work. I've lost all motivation at my current job even though it's nice and stable.

This year I'm going to do more producing and remixing. I've bought some more advanced books and I might take some classes, but I really just need to spend more time on it.

2006!

DJ Ferrari

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Tony you are the dude.

It's all about putting in that work in 06.
    Time to take b-boy battling to the next level by wagering 45s.
    Time to put out a million records.
    Time to travel, and get up with friends.

I'm feeling good about 06.

• 2006 is shaping up to stomp a giant mudhole in 2005's backside.

1st quarter is lookin like...

new mix CD out in the world

new t-shirt design out in the world

had one of the best DJ gigs of my life last weekend

first solo art show in march

san francisco trip (for the art show)

japan trip in march

i learned how to bake pumpkin bread and banana bread

• first solo art show in march
    i learned how to bake pumpkin bread and banana bread

yes

• For sure man... I'm always super motivated around this time to make big moves.

This year I'm going to try and get more gigs. Instead of waiting for them to come to me, which they don't, I'm really going to get out there and sell myself. I'm almost done with my latest demo at which point it's sell, sell, sell!

This year I want to get back into a startup environment. I miss the excitement and I miss believing in my work. I've lost all motivation at my current job even though it's nice and stable.

This year I'm going to do more producing and remixing. I've bought some more advanced books and I might take some classes, but I really just need to spend more time on it.

2006!

DJ Ferrari

thats right. its gonna be a fucking FERRARI year!!!

• Time to take b-boy battling to the next level by wagering 45s.

d,ai,broc...hold that city hostage

yo i feel high all the time on some reeeeal lucid shit.
    all corners seem real sharp. can barely sleep at night.

i have a feeling all our positive actions will have magnified ripple effects

• word the fuck up

finishing up in the office

gonna have a friday night pow wow to plot and plan over an urban bonfire with a bottle of asti

time to build

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh yeah.

Hard work is its own reward.

Cos, you back in Now Y?

Back, son.

Got my travel schedule too yesterday... want to see that shit?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    thats right. its gonna be a fucking FERRARI year!!!

Man, I hope so! I say it every year, but every year I mean it more and every year I'm a little closer to it actually coming through

DJ Ferrari

• i learned how to bake pumpkin bread and banana bread

yes

BLUCKA:

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    2006 is looking good so far; real world moves started being arranged in 05' have had me started off with a bang. If shit keeps up for me at this pace I will be a happy mofo this year.

Some nice gigs lined up for 2006 at home and out of town.
    Writing projects are coming together. Still trying to get one thing together I have been seeking funding for that would be a dream come true if it happens.
    My number one spot White Whale record of about six years was spotted, caught, and is now a part of my record collection.
    Getting my shit together on making not one but two new cds. AEIOU2 gave me some serious motivation and made me step my game up!
    Trades. Trades. Trades. 2006 is all about trades and its looking good.

b.

• Options
    (big photo edit by djanna)

K in Canada.

• hi tony-

checkin' in and marchin' on.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i'm doing ok, but TRINA is really reppin' hers:
    breaking into suburban households with 4 episodes of desperate housewives

"damn i thank god i dint get that tattoo"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'm doing ok, but TRINA is really reppin' hers:
    breaking into suburban households with 4 episodes of desperate housewives

"damn i thank god i dint get that tattoo"
    holy shit
    i might have to watch that now

• Man, the positive vibes in this thread are some FRESH AIR...Reminds me how much I have to be glad about.

Just got two books out the door at the publishing company I work at. Next week, starting a new job as an editor. MAJOR STEP UP for me.

Got a new semi-regular scoreboard gig doing replays. Big step up on that, too.

I've stepped up my record game. After a loooong fallow period, I feel like a precocious know-it-all 15 year-old there are so many new things to learn. Good to be back. Taking my portable out on the maiden voyage tomorrow.

Back to baking, a former job and hobbie that makes me happiest. Killer Chocolate souffle cakes last weekend w/ whipped creme freche. Dessert for my department next Friday.

Working with a friend on a catalog of his photos.

Goal is to get a couple DJ gigs this year. I have the means, now time to put in work.

And the coup de grace...

I'm getting married in September to a girl I love. Couldn't be happier. Man, with a little work, hustle, and creativity, '06 is gonna be a big one.

Stay strong, all.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Oh yeah, 2006 is all about makin' it happen. I'm already on it: Gettin' back into basketball, getting my atrophying cooking skills back up to par, putting out my first piece of wax, handling the music projects I was just talking about in 2005, turning this new monthly I got going with the homie DJ Platurn into a real success, and finally doing the travelling I keep wanting to do but never doing (first stop: Kauai!).

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ok, half way through the first month everybody...

are we all stepping our game up and making big things happen???

ive been taking some baby steps toward life changing things, things fell positive.

for real, yall, lets push hard, work on the weekends and a little bit at night (doesnt have to be job related work), make the most of our play time, rejoice in family and friends, cherish every breath, etc.

you guys good???????? pushing yourselves????????

Tony, I swear man, you could not be any cooler of a dude.

I just got back from day 1 of going back to the gym. Worked on some music earlier today, made other various moves. I'm trying, man.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Oh yeah, and I'm about to DO IT this year, baleedat.

• Oh yeah, and I'm about to DO IT this year, baleedat.

DO IT.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

I just got back from day 1 of going back to the gym.

yeah, thats whats up right there. i did some exercise last night and today, and plan on keepin it up. i am horribly out of shape.

this year is gonna be spectacular. already started off well with a great dj gig new years eve, and things are shaping up at my new spot:

more to come about that, waiting on a few loose ends for an official announcement.

keyword for this year: motivation.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i haven't been to the gym in three months
    i need to go back

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i haven't been to the gym in three months
    i need to go back

sheeeit. i wish i could say that. i cant remember the last time i went to a gym. im serious, i am WAY out of shape. i have let my super high metabolism fool me into thinking i dont need to work out. im skinny as a twig, but just totally out of shape. running up 5 flights of stairs twice today kicked my ass. but im gonna get rocky on that shit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ... and things are shaping up at my new spot:

(plaese to make this a graemlin STAT)

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    REAL WORLD MOVES.

Working on a couple of screenplays that are really coming together, im really feeling motivated on that shit. Hopefully will be getting more serious about music too - ive wasted to many years of my life devoting everything to making cuts that NEVER GET HEARD. Thats so 2005. Im trying to focus on gettign things done and accomplished, even if they arent on the grand, epic scale that my ago screams for.

UP NEXT:

Quitting smoking and stepping up my work out game. Smart and Handsome just aint a trifecta without Ripped, nawmean?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    well, the photo is VERY flattering, but its a nice, comfortable room. all that foam around that shit is cheap as fuck(relatively speaking) and the gear is a compilation of three people, but who cares. i get to use it all.

big things in 2006. that needs a trademark sign.