Skatalites Meet King Tubby LP NEEDED

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited May 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades

Heroes of Reggae in Dub - I don't give a shit if it's a reissue.

plaese to make hollerings

Comments

• Options
    Is that the one with the funk tune - the reunion thing from '76 (I don't recognize that cover)? They hadn't played together in years and just jammed that shit out. Tight musicianship, eh?

There's a US press that I come upon farily often - I'll hit you up the next time it happens. ALso, there's been a 10 inch reissue that sounds gret (might be from Honet Johns - the guys that put out the great Light of Saba material).

K in Canada.

P.S. I think I have that 10 ich to sell you somewhere at my pad. I'm at the cottage right now, so I'll hit you on the PM when I return.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    sounds good man - much appreciated

• Options
    Anytime, Pops.

K.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    There's a US press that I come upon farily often - I'll hit you up the next time it happens. ALso, there's been a 10 inch reissue that sounds gret (might be from Honet Johns - the guys that put out the great Light of Saba material).

The American press (I think it's called African Blood)is on UA--part of that reggae series they did in the late seventies--and it sounds pretty good... Tom Moulton did the transfers.

However--and I don't know if this distinction is important to Day--it's not quite the same as the LP he posted a picture of. The UA press is straight instrumental and that Motion reissue is actually composed of dub mixes of those cuts--I think it was originally issued in a very limited press (~1000) blank label.

I really like this record, by the way.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    You know what, in all honesty i'm not sure of what i'm looking for.

A friend of mine played it for me over the phone and that's the name he gave me.

Dude is not a collector and not always 100% accurate with his titles etc. but it was funky as hell and fast (and it wasn't dub either). Hope that helps and thanks for yours, young rigatoni.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I know the cut you're talking about - fast funky jungle drums, flute, instrumental?

Its on the UA one, don't know about the one in the pic

This material has been issued several different ways, including the dub Faux mentioned... lots of different labels, titles, etc... the 10" soufriere mentioned isn't on Honest Jons but it does have the funk cut, though titled differently from the UA ish (I wanna say the 10" calls it Sealing Dub?)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You know what, in all honesty i'm not sure of what i'm looking for.
    A friend of mine played it for me over the phone and that's the name he gave me.
    Dude is not a collector and not always 100% accurate with his titles etc. but it was funky as hell and fast (and it wasn't dub either). Hope that helps and thanks for yours, young rigatoni.

Okay, go with the UA press--I checked and it's called African Roots. I had a double awhile back but, unfortunately, sold it to Sound Library. Should be able to find a nice one for ~$15, though.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    bump - no luck so far

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    that 10 inch sounds interesting (no ayO), no sign of it over at ernie b's tho - anyone got some more science on it (label, title etc .. )

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    This?

• It's called Herb Man Dub and/or Fugitive. There are two slightly different mixes. It's on Meets King Tubby, African Roots and the Legendary LPs