INNERNET RADIO

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
break a me off.and im not talking about "hey bro, there's a good show on from 3am to 7am tuesday morning" no thank you. im talking shit to get me through the day when im bored plaese.pswarm fuzzies all around

Comments

• goddammit dont make me start handing out cold pricklies

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i don't know of any good innernet radio either, but...

raj, i think we should dole out blocks of time to all qualifying strutters and just start soulstrut radio here?

• I had my little hip-hop show on Tuesdays and Thursdays but they told me I had to stop because I hadn't auditioned for it, so I did then they told me I had to talk more. FUCK EM. They kicked me off the air today cuz I tried going on again and were being little bitches cuz they want it to be like real radio with talk yet the talk people don't have to put music in their shows.

• i need something to click on!

or you could just entertain me.

• I would link you but the radio there sucks ass except for a few shows that are decent.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have shows archived. My regular gig is every other week, although I do some fill-ins so it's a little more frequent.
    I have 3 or 4 shows still available, 2 hours long each, with full playlists - available HERE.

I realize you are prolly looking more for a jump-off spot to lots of shows,
    so excuse the self-promotion. Still, I think my show is pretty legit.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

dood, check out waxing deep.

• merci beaucoup. i cant find the archive show part though.

and HAZ une link s'il vous plait!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    geez, people! go here now: www.waxingdeep.org

Archives for days and a podcast. Many illustrious guests. Serious business for sure.

• awesome!

now, can you send someone down here to click my mouse for me. i dont do menial work.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i cant find the archive show part though.

It's usually the photo at the very top of each playlist, it will say "click on image above" etc...

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    www.wefunkradio.com (nice mixture of hiphop & funk; they have a huge archive...)

• www.wefunkradio.com (nice mixture of hiphop & funk; they have a huge archive...)

those guys are dope, I had them on my radio show a minute ago, you can catch the archive here.

Obviously biased, but any mention of internet radio w/o dropping WFMU is heresy. Those folks have been in cyberspace for more than a minute. Soulstrut headz already know of Finewine's show but there's a lot to be had there. A sleeper is the 'Sinner's Crossroads' show with Kevin Nutt. Reeediculous gospel shit. He's also produced a few reissues like the Reverend James Booker through his CaseQuarter label. Not so much funky but definitely ill. Also Monica Lynch, former CEO of Tommy Boy (and their 2nd Employee, helped put out Planet Rock thru the whole Golden period and beyond) does a weekly show there friday afternoons, very eclectic.

Also Ninja Tunes' Solid Steel radio show has some very good moments.

$??

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Wefunk's good but a little limited. The excellent French online station Radio Nova plays consistently good stuff across soul, funk, latin, jazz, reggae and all the other good bits. Eclectic quality.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

Heres my show....w/ downloadable archives. Sometimes I bring it raer, sometimes not so raer.

http://www.galacticfractures.com/

Most recent playlist:

Willie Hutch - Tell Me Why Has Our Love Turned Cold
    Bobby Caldwell - Open Your Eyes
    Sergio Mendes - For What Its Worth
    Hamilton Bohannon - Singing A Song For My Mother
    El Michels Affair - C.R.E.A.M.
    The Charmels - I'll Never Grow old
    Wendy Rene - After Laughter
    Leroy Soileau - Wish You Were Here
    The Four Tops & the Supremes - Love The One You're With
    Al Green - Back Up Train
    James Brown - The Boss
    Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street
    Curtis Mayfield - Little Child Runnin Wild
    Cymande - Brothers on the Slide
    Labi Siffre - I Got The Blues
    Deep Heat - Do It Again
    Syl Johnson - Gimme A Little Sign
    Martha & the Vandellas - Hold on I'm coming
    Santana - Evil Ways
    The Spinners - I'll Be Around
    Trinikas - Remember Me
    Speedometer - Work It out
    Spanky Wilson - Sunshine Of Your Love
    Ella Fitzgerald - Sunshine of your Love
    Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators - If This Ain't Love (Don't Know What Is)
    Sharon Jones - What Have You Done For Me Lately
    Ike & Tina Turner - Bold Soul Sister
    Eddie Hazel - California Dreamin'
    Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are made For Walking
    Barbara Ruskin - Pawnbroker, Pawnbroker
    The Outcasts - Loving You Sometimes
    Gary Walker - You Don't Love Me

Also, my Live 365 station that has about 8 hours of music on repeat 24/7:

http://www.live365.com/stations/pj4533

-pj

• I'm a Bostonian, and started listening to PJs show on Sunday afternoons, and will give that a big bump. Great to be able to download the Podcasts as well. The Live365 stations has also gotten me through many a slow day.

For those who may like more indie rock and the like, check out www.woxy.com. I grew up near cincy, where they are based, and they remain the best independent rock station on the planet, despite the fact that they are now internet only. Some of it is weird, but their commitment to new music of all stripes (rock, electronic, hip hop, whatever...) is impressive. Commercial free, to boot (save one sponsored element that runs twice a day with a 20 second Budweiser tag...)

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    [shameless self promo]
    I co-host this hip-hop & old school mixshow archived here...
    http://www.doublestandardcrew.com/inthegroove/archive

...has featured strutter guests including mesh, Delay, and CousinLarry.

Our recent 45 special and Wu-Tang special both turned out pretty well I think.
    [/shameless self promo]

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    One of the first internet radio shows I found, years ago. They still do nice stuff, not the raerest, just good music:

www.royalgroove.org

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    www.dublab.com

Laid back California shazbot!

www.somafm.com

Decent broken beat, blazing downtempo. (nohomo)

www.theimplosion.com

(COMING VERY SOON LAS VEGAS DJS!!!)

- spidey