beyonce "check on it" feat slim thug and bun b

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
i have watched the video 7 times today on youtube... i seriously can't get enough of this song...and as a side note, it really seems like Swizz Beats is back, between this and the Busta song, dude has radio on lock...

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    song is earcandy

video is

• DROOL CUPS AND VASELINE

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    i have watched the video 7 times today on youtube... i seriously can't get enough of this song...

and as a side note, it really seems like Swizz Beats is back, between this and the Busta song, dude has radio on lock...

Im with you. I listened to it 5 times today.
    Too catchy.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i'm getting sick of hype's video in the middle, other screens on top & bottom style. he's done this in at least 3 of his last videos - i aint' heard of that, robin thicke's wanna love you girl, and now this.
    i can't understand how someone who is not retarded would decide to do that.

3 one second steve martin clips - you may as well leave him out altogether.

not hating on that song though

i'm getting sick of hype's video in the middle, other screens on top & bottom style. he's done this in at least 3 of his last videos - i aint' heard of that, robin thicke's wanna love you girl, and now this.

I don't get it mang, were you actually WATCHING THE VIDEO~?~?!?!

I don't get it mang, were you actually WATCHING THE VIDEO~?~?!?!

unnecessary face-melters.
    i kinda watched it. what'd i miss.
    it sounds like she says "imma watch him chug a 40"

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I HAVENT ACTUALLY LISTENED TO THE Song but i thoroughly enjoy watching beyonce shake her thang. perhaps now ill check for the actual song, i didnt know it was Swizz. i heard he was doin big things in the year 06.

and yes i would love to have sexual intercourse with said female.

• speaking of the Busta/Swizz song..yall really feeling that? I thought it was a dud..maybe it's just me.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    This song really is banging as fuck regardless of what faux rillz is gonna says bout it.

-e

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    speaking of the Busta/Swizz song..yall really feeling that? I thought it was a dud..maybe it's just me.

i think the daft punk vocal hook is stupid (in a bad way), but the actual beat hits hard and i dig the slow tempo... it's nothing special, but it's solid...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    remixes on the 12 are so necessary

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I think the busta song is no good. I like the Beyonce one. Was there like subliminal shit in there? really fast flickered images... I was pretty buzzed last night when I saw it. Some o' them slo mo beyonce lookin' into the camera and moving ever so slightly moments are just plain hypnotizing...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that busta song is fuggin REDICULOUS!!!!!!! hate the Beyonce song, but the video is

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I like the new beyonce song. I was in a club in vegas when I first heard it, super shit-faced, and I perked up and was like "hey- what is this???" and HJ's sister said it was beyonce. Then I saw the video, with all the ass shaking which is awesome. Crazy In Love was the last RnB song that I totally loved, and now this. Beyonce is definitely killing it. I didn't know Swizz did the music.

How did that guy go from being the wackest producer evar to making the hottest shit lately? Bring Em Out was good too.... hmmm.....

He must have learned to read music (no reynaldo)

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh we just got that joint in.. its off the hook. It should be hitting on the radio in what 2 months?

• yeh we just got that joint in.. its off the hook. It should be hitting on the radio in what 2 months?

are you serious? that shit has been on the radio for a minute now

yeh we just got that joint in.. its off the hook. It should be hitting on the radio in what 2 months?

are you serious? that shit has been on the radio for a minute now

Yup

Went straight from the studio to heavy rotation

unnecessary face-melters.
    i kinda watched it. what'd i miss.
    it sounds like she says "imma watch him chug a 40"

I just can't see how you could be analyzing the vid stylistically while she's thrusting her stuff in your face...

• a few months already at least

Beyonce - check up on it video review [/b]
    from spiddy goodlegs
    some of the highlights:

First of all, WHO IS THE ASSHOLE WHO DECIDED THAT PUTTING IMAGES IN THE LETTERBOX SECTION WAS CLEVER? SERIOUSLY. LEARN TO COLOR WITHIN THE LINES YA??? FUCKIN??? DIPSHITS or just use the full screen. Or just admit that you're out of new ideas to make hip hop videos look good.

Second, is anyone actually looking forward to this slapsticky shit show Pink Panther? I remember them talking about this movie like five years ago. And since then through scientific advances we have established so many things. We have established that Beyonc?? is to acting as Robert De Niro is to singing. We have established that Steve Martin stopped being consistently relevant or funny after The Jerk. And we have established that when Beyonc?? is on movie screens she causes internal hemorrhaging in all who view her. So why this attack on civilized people?

Thank God Slim Thug was able to help the song with his genius and his pretty pink and purple satin jacket.

Where would the music industry be without Slim Thug? Slim Thug has a red phone that rings whenever someone needs a shitty rhyme laid into an already horrendous song. He arrives in the studio by way of the Hackmobile.

It???s kind of like the song has a budget that only allows for three notes and if you listen closely you???ll see that the song comes in under budget. I just cannot describe in words how painful this song really is. If you haven???t heard it, try to imagine ear rape.

Conversation Starter: Slim Thug is by no means slim and by virtue of his Wet ???N Wild lip gloss, is not a ???traditional??? thug. Talk amongst yourselves.

Okay. Let???s discuss Beyonc??'s robo-tronic ass popping. I have a theory. It???s not designed to be sexy. It is designed to distract you from the stupidity of the shitfest music video by making you think she may be seizing. I must confess. I myself called 911.

When you were little did you ever have a cousin? A male cousin, and he???s your favorite cousin in the world because you guys are like siblings? In fact he???s cooler than your actual siblings because he doesn???t make you wait for the bathroom even when you???re at his family???s house for Thanksgiving and he got there first. It???s like your cousin comes from the cool side of your family or something? And even though you kind of get that he thinks you???re awesome he never gets disrespectful with his. He just acts like your total homie. Your people, you feel me? And then one day in like your twenties, your cousin shows up in the town where you were attending college and you invite him over for some beers because you just know he???s gonna dig the new vinyl you just bought... and he shows up kind of drunk. So you???re laughing and telling him he can stay over for a few days if he needs to because he launched into this whole thing about how he didn???t want to crash at a hotel because hotels are for assholes. And you find yourself getting this really nervous feeling but you push it aside and try to catch up to his drunkenness. And before you can get your second beer open your cousin has taken his flaccid dick out and is just holding it in his hand? Me neither but that???s the feeling this song will give you when you hear it.

I know that my predominantly male audience may not be fully aware of the difference between a weave and a wig. Allow me to explain : a weave is hair woven into or on top of a woman???s hair.

And a wig is any hair you see on Beyonc??. Even Beyonc?????s braids are a wig. Wrap your mind around that shit.

Look. I realize this is sloppy coverage of this video but in all seriousness this song is so awful I could only watch the thing twice before it actually made me feel pain. Did I use the term ???ear rape??? yet? Okay. Good.

[i]ed note - sometimes i can get down to this song so i'm not in agreement with her critique but it is funny as hell

• I wish Slim's opening line wasnt so nursery rhymey (wankstas/gangstas), but hell, you can't win em all.