if you were trapped on an island...

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
and could pick two records to listen to until the end of eternity, what would they be? also, if there were 500 records that you fucking hated (third eye blind, etc.) would you just not listen to them at all and forget music altogether?i'd listen to these two...

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Geronimo Jackson s/t

and

Pousette Dart Band - Amnesia

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Geronimo Jackson s/t

and

Pousette Dart Band - Amnesia

HA

Nice...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Off The Wall - Michael Jackson
    Critical Beatdown - UltraMagnetic Mcs

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

first one is cheating, but whatever.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    doubles of Boscoe

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Beulah - hearstrings

M.Ward - transfigurations

uh, I'd have to sneak a third one maybe Velvets loaded

• 1)

2)

I'd rather listen to the music in my head

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Can I bring 3?:

SG

• Coltrane Village Vanguard Recordings

&

Neutral Milk Hotel- In the Aeroplane over the Sea

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• MORNING - PHAROAH SANDERS - PHAROAH

DAY - MONTGOMERY EXPRESS - MONTGOMERY MOVEMENT

NIGHT - STEVE HALPERN - CHRISTENING FOR LISTENING

• For some island ambience:

and for variety:

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I listened to them already 80 times so I guess they will stand the test of time

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    1) For musical variety

2) The tough-times album for my life

The Dance - Soul Force

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

I've never heard this. Do you like it more than Two Wheels Good?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    and could pick two records to listen to until the end of eternity, what would they be? also, if there were 500 records that you fucking hated (third eye blind, etc.) would you just not listen to them at all and forget music altogether?

i'd listen to these two...

What?
    Really?
    I can hardly listen to it once.

I've never heard this. Do you like it more than Two Wheels Good?

Two Wheels Good/Steve McQueen (the UK title of that LP) will always be regarded as their masterpiece due to the sheer number of classics it contains (When Love Breaks Down/Appetite/Goodbye Jonny/etc...actually, the whole LP is CLASSIC from start to finish!)...However, I find myself playing Andromeda Heights more; it's got a really dreamy, almost "Disney" soundtrack feel to it. Some critics don't like it for that exact reason. Definitely check it out!

SG

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

Two Wheels Good/Steve McQueen (the UK title of that LP) will always be regarded as their masterpiece due to the sheer number of classics it contains (When Love Breaks Down/Appetite/Goodbye Jonny/etc...

Faron is actually my favorite song on that lp. I love that airy hush processed effect they do the the backing vocals. I don't know how to describe it but it's the same sound you hear on 10cc's I'm Not in Love

thanks for the recommendation, i'ma have to check that album out

Two Wheels Good/Steve McQueen (the UK title of that LP) will always be regarded as their masterpiece due to the sheer number of classics it contains (When Love Breaks Down/Appetite/Goodbye Jonny/etc...

Faron is actually my favorite song on that lp. I love that airy hush processed effect they do the the backing vocals. I don't know how to describe it but it's the same sound you hear on 10cc's I'm Not in Love

thanks for the recommendation, i'ma have to check that album out

I think most of PS's albums have at least one cut that's got that sound you're talking about. Andromeda Heights certainly has it, although it appears that Wendy Smith was not as heavily involved in the group at that point.

Protest Songs, the intended follow-up to Steve McQueen that was initally shelved in favor of From Langley Park To Memphis, has this sound in spades.

SG

I think most of PS's albums have at least one cut that's got that sound you're talking about. Andromeda Heights certainly has it, although it appears that Wendy Smith was not as heavily involved in the group at that point.

Protest Songs, the intended follow-up to Steve McQueen that was initally shelved in favor of From Langley Park To Memphis, has this sound in spades.

SG

Thanks! That sound is all over When Love Breaks Down

• i couldn't listen to any single record forever and not get tired of it. i'd probably create some makeshift instruments out of bamboo sticks and fish bones and do my own thing.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

I'll probably catch crap for the second choice - but I grew up on that shit. Comes with - hands down.

Oh - and honorable mention goes to

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

• Oh - and honorable mention goes to

really?? that isn't even in my top 5 tjader records, let alone a "trapped on an island" record!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    pharoah-karma
    love-forever changes

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

This one 4 sho! the second one... dunno.
    I can't choose just two LPs

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Kind of blue
    Lovelites