Joey Bataan - Hot Not?

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Come on his singing sucks. Sounds like a drunk wifebeater.
    The instrumental shit it genius, but Rey how can you give any one LP 10/10??? What would Marva Whitney get? 15/10?

I listened to Reynaldo's and it didn't do much for me. But perhaps if that's your cup of tea he might be good.

His best LP to me is AfroFilipino on Salsoul, but I love all his singing.I think he has raw emotion that makes up for any technical limitations.

• Come on his singing sucks. Sounds like a drunk wifebeater.
    The instrumental shit it genius, but Rey how can you give any one LP 10/10??? What would Marva Whitney get? 15/10?

I listened to Reynaldo's and it didn't do much for me. But perhaps if that's your cup of tea he might be good.

His best LP to me is AfroFilipino on Salsoul, but I love all his singing.I think he has raw emotion that makes up for any technical limitations.

Cosign on the raw emotion, acctually if people only were after records with people with technical perfection where would that leave all sweet and northern soul records? A whole lotta false singin' going down...

If people are after technical perfection they should be listening to Celine Dion or some other radiofiltered crap..

Joe Bataan - under the street lamp

/L

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    If people are after technical perfection they should be listening to Celine Dion or some other radiofiltered crap..

You do have a point.