Joey Bataan - Hot Not?

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Come on his singing sucks. Sounds like a drunk wifebeater.The instrumental shit it genius, but Rey how can you give any one LP 10/10??? What would Marva Whitney get? 15/10?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Come on his singing sucks. Sounds like a drunk wifebeater.
    The instrumental shit it genius, but Rey how can you give any one LP 10/10??? What would Marva Whitney get? 15/10?

1) I've never heard anyone refer to him as "Joey."

2) Stop hating. Catch him live and then talk that "drunk wifebeater" shit.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Joey Bataan

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    What are his 10/10 LPs though? Of the new stuff I only heard the single.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    gotta disagree, his imperfections in his voice adds even more character. Even his new lp was sounding good

• Come on his singing sucks. Sounds like a drunk wifebeater.
    The instrumental shit it genius, but Rey how can you give any one LP 10/10??? What would Marva Whitney get? 15/10?

You feel that way about the Subway Lp?

• this is the equvilent of saying cy twombly can't draw. hesus christ... its not like he is trying out for american idol. the guy is a spanish harlem hero for gods sake.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You can't keep a man who wore rainbow suspenders down.

You feel that way about the Subway Lp?

Yes! Gimme some good mariachi ish any day most days. Some of them are at least a 7.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    close this thread prease....

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What would Marva Whitney get?
    7. Tepid funk.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    7. Tepid funk.

I believe you give this an 8???

7. Tepid funk.

Shit ain't no karaoke. But 8 is about right.

close this thread prease....

:herd:

sorry,

7. Tepid funk.

Just got demoted ; the only track I really care to listen to anymore is "Sunny."

anymore

Hey Rey, what about all those Psych headz you dissed by uploading a 10-LP lot when your latin records lovingly got their own posts? This season I am mostly eating kumkuats. Sayin.

Hey, I was just tying to keep it simple and in one place for all of you burnout acid casualties. No offense.

Hey, I was just tying to keep it simple and in one place for all of you burnout acid casualties.

you and

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    but Rey how can you give any one LP 10/10??? What would Marva Whitney get? 15/10?

Where can one find more of Reynaldo's numerical reviews?

I am already trembling with anticipation at the prospect of never having to think for myself again!

but Rey how can you give any one LP 10/10??? What would Marva Whitney get? 15/10?

Where can one find these numerical reviews by Reynaldo?

I am already trembling with anticipation at the prospect of never having to think for myself again!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Life changing!

I am calling in sick tomorrow so that I can devote the day to parsing every last word...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    hcrink
    Super Special Dude

Reged: 11/19/03

Life changing!

I am calling in sick tomorrow so that I can devote the day to parsing every last word...

IT WILL CHANGE THE GAME

• Come on his singing sucks. Sounds like a drunk wifebeater.

dude you are tripppiiing.

how out of place are off soul vocals in latin music anyway (or brazilian for the matter)? dude is exceptional. his version of curtis mayfield's "gypsy woman" is tits. even compared to junior murvins version i think his is better. also don't forget subway joe. the vampi soul release is actually a let down though, i'd agree with you about that one!

• his voice is dreamy.

• "cycles" on Vampi soul, the guys old and still can sing with that much feeling,

/L

• my advice is to buy this and put the needle on 'es tu cosa'

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

I listened to Reynaldo's and it didn't do much for me. But perhaps if that's your cup of tea he might be good.