Holy MICROWAVE!!! I'm violatin' str8 up!!!

2»

Comments

• I was chatting with the folks at Rane earlier today...the lowest the 57 is likely to go for is going to be $1500, just so ya'll know.

a 56 and serato are about $1200 - $1300 new.

I'll just stick with my 52 (1st version) and serato.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I was chatting with the folks at Rane earlier today...the lowest the 57 is likely to go for is going to be $1500, just so ya'll know.

If you ask me, well worth it:

1. a top of the line mixer (a comparable ttm56 is like $750)
    2. Serato (msrp $599)
    3. live effects box ( anywhere from $300 - $1000 for the pioneer EFX1000)
    4. Audio i/o box ($100 - $400 dep. on quality)
    5. a live version of Pitch n time (n/a)

all built into one unit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, this is definitely an investment of capital. If I didn't already own the two systems separately, I'd take a good long look at the 57, though at $1500, it's not chump change by any means. I think they're also aiming this at a lot of clubs which might be able to better afford the cost. With it pre-installed, ideally, all you'd need to do is cart your laptop down and plug in direct.

Microwave It!

• I was chatting with the folks at Rane earlier today...the lowest the 57 is likely to go for is going to be $1500, just so ya'll know.

2. Serato (msrp $599)

all built into one unit.

where do u see an effects unit on this mixer?

I was chatting with the folks at Rane earlier today...the lowest the 57 is likely to go for is going to be $1500, just so ya'll know.

2. Serato (msrp $599)

all built into one unit.

where do u see an effects unit on this mixer?

It's not built into the mixer itself, but the mixer controls effects in the new version of Serato that will ship out (from what I understand) exclusively with this mixer...

From the rane site:

"Additional "soft" mixer controls used by Scratch LIVE & internal effects
    Foot switch input (Inputs on Tip and Ring; foot switch not included)
    Deck 1-2 switch
    Group switch
    B1 - B6 programmable switches
    P1 - P2 programmable Encoders with push switches
    J1 - J2 programmable Joysticks with push switches"

Look closely at this screenshot:

under the left virtual TT you see the tabs? The selected tab in the screenshot is for Pitch n Time (key shift, pitch bend, etc) and transport. The other tabs are Library, cue/loop and Effects.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Will this be a version of Serato that will be available without purchasing the mixer? What version is it anyway?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    holy fuckshit I am copping...fo sheeeeeezy

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    This is just the beginning... within 2 years almost all Rane mixers will have Serato built in, and prices will drop.
    An MSRP of $1700 is high, but actual retail will be lower.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This is just the beginning... within 2 years almost all Rane mixers will have Serato built in, and prices will drop.

MSRP for the 57 is $2000.

Will this be a version of Serato that will be available without purchasing the mixer? What version is it anyway?

From what I understand, you gotta buy the mixer to get this version. I guess it's the "TTM57SL special edition" or something like that.

question is... Can you afford to wait while everyone else's mixes get sicker?

If you're making $ as a dj, I can't see NOT trying to invest in it as soon as you can afford it.

I saw a lot of potential in Serato, but this mixer (for now) fully realizes all that potential.

MSRP for the 57 is $2000.

Posted by the moderator from the Rane/Serato Forum:
    "MAP is not $1700, it's cheaper than that"

One online store has already been offering a deal for $999 and is sold out. That's less than a week since launch. Wow.

• question is... Can you afford to wait while everyone else's mixes get sicker?

Wait--you make mixes? How can I get one?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    how the hell can that shit sell for 1000? sounds like a scam

how the hell can that shit sell for 1000? sounds like a scam

TTM56 = $600 give or take
    SSL = $500
    FX box = $300 (being modest)

Total: $1400 more or less.

TTM57 = $1000 for all of the above in one box.

question is... Can you afford to wait while everyone else's mixes get sicker?

Wait--you make mixes? How can I get one?

in the works...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

From what I understand, you gotta buy the mixer to get this version. I guess it's the "TTM57SL special edition" or something like that.

I wonder if you'll be able to use this version with a standard (for now) external Serato set up?

Software will be the same, but the FX part will only work with the 57 as this has a DSP chip built in to handle the FX - the SSL box doesn't.