Has anyone else noticed....

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
..that VH1 is basically this weird place where non-famous WHITE people rhetorically tell famous NON-WHITE PEOPLE that they are NOT being NON-WHITE ENOUGH? (The EgoTrip Specials excluded. They were funny!). Watching these spoon-fed hipster fashionistas bash ANY black person who they think is not "street" or "ghetto" enough makes me ill. anyone?

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Huh? Examples?

• recordsrecords 16 Posts
    How do you explain all the Paris Hilton specials and pseudo-cribs shows? These are clearly focused on Caucasians and non-hipsters. It's more like a bad issue of People magazine that has come to life.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    kill your television (nonedsatomicdustbinraer)

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    How do you explain all the Paris Hilton specials and pseudo-cribs shows? These are clearly focused on Caucasians and non-hipsters. It's more like a bad issue of People magazine that has come to life.

Listen...I know VH1 sucks wet, corny turd. What I want to know is, who's doing this?:

spoon-fed hipster fashionistas bash ANY black person who they think is not "street" or "ghetto" enough makes me ill. anyone? [/b]

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I guess specifically, it was this "20 NON hiphop moments show" I saw not too long ago.
    It just seemed like the entire show was C/D List "Celebs", the majority of whom were white, rhetorically calling out Black folks for not being "black" enough.
    To be honest, I dont really know any of thier names.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I guess specifically, it was this "20 NON hiphop moments show" I saw not too long ago.
    It just seemed like the entire show was C/D List "Celebs", the majority of whom were white, rhetorically calling out Black folks for not being "black" enough.
    To be honest, I dont really know any of thier names.
    some of those moments were generic corniness like bashing vanilla ice + arron carter.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    the one time i saw that channel i felt like i was in a different dimension

i was in a hotel in boston and it was some "top 30 of 2004" shit.

i didnt know any of the bands they were talking about. And the only rap group was the beastie boys? the fuckin beastie boys? I like them but how obvious do you gotta be on the racism tip? They dont even hide it. there aint a rap fan in the world that would put the last beastie boys album on a top 30 list over anything. like you cant even put in 99 problems? is that too hard? its fucked up